760(Q-50,V-44)- A long, gruelling battle comes to an end!

64 Posts  ·  48 Users
About this group
Got done with the GMAT yesterday and scored a 760. Total 760 Quant 50 Verbal 44 Background: I belong to the over represented demographic segment of Indian,IT, Male working in one of the supposedly "great companies to work for" so had...
Page 1 of 7

Great advice by Ashish

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@amitpuy said:
@CatNamoNamah Some of the questions are common but not all..... So it's better to have a look at other OG if you have done one of them...
thnx
"Hope is a good thing; probably the best of the things. And no good thing ever dies"
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@CatNamoNamah Some of the questions are common but not all..... So it's better to have a look at other OG if you have done one of them...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@EducationAisle said:
@CatNamoNamah Few questions:1. Are there any specific types of questions in which your accuracy rate is drastically low (modifiers/parallelism etc)?
In addition to what I told above ,the accuracy level have been constant throughout all question types in OG. So clearly there are no specific types of questions (such as modifiers, parellelism etc.) in which I fumble :/
"Hope is a good thing; probably the best of the things. And no good thing ever dies"
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@amitpuy said:
@CatNamoNamah I think i got your question wrong.. pardon me for that... There are no sets of questions but I jest meant that of 230 PS questions of OG-12 you can make 9 sets of 25 questions and of 174 DS question you can make 7 sets 25 questions so that you have GMAT like question in the form of GMAT test paper (i.e. jumbled question) to practice with and keep a watch on your accuracy and speed...
Rephrase::- I asked that Og 12 aur OG 13 ke questions same to nahi hain? as in kya pata main og12 download kar loon only to find that questions in OG 12 are same as og 13 😛
apne upar advice kiya hai to consult both OF 12 and 13 ,... so I guess you must be knowing it 😛
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@EducationAisle said:
@CatNamoNamah Few questions:1. Are there any specific types of questions in which your accuracy rate is drastically low (modifiers/parallelism etc)?

I got acuuracy of ~54%, ~57% and ~64% in the sections CR SC and RC (with overall percentile of 70% in verbal). So I guess equally weak in all sections. When I solve questions in OG I get accuracy 60-65%% in CR, and SC. and anywhere between 70-90% in RC
@EducationAisle said:
2. What do you mean by "analyzed" every question. What do you do as part of the analysis.

haha I don't do much in this, I just look at the explanation of every answer and see if there was a faster method to reach the solution (for eg. the 2:2:1 split method). It doesn't contributes much ,I know, but I was told once by somebody to do such analysis for every question, and I had been doing it...though not sure if it the right way to go
@EducationAisle said:
3. Which "bits" of mgmat SC guide did you do? Generally doing bits is not very fruitful, since you don't get a hang of how the entire book is structured.

First 4 chaps i.e The three C's, suject verb ,pronoun and tenses. I see your point though, I will try to read it completely in future to get the hang.
@EducationAisle said:
4. What is the source of questions in which you are getting 70%? I hope they are official questions.
Had given Kaplan's free test on the day I posted the query above. Before 13-14 days I had given Gmat club's and Mgmat's tests. And accuracy while solving OG in CR and SC also proves it. ( The result in SC and SR always hovered at 60%-65% as told above. I solve it usually in sets of 10 or 20 questions in timed blocks)
@EducationAisle said:
Thanks,Ashish.

Thanks to you much more. :)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@CatNamoNamah I think i got your question wrong.. pardon me for that... There are no sets of questions but I jest meant that of 230 PS questions of OG-12 you can make 9 sets of 25 questions and of 174 DS question you can make 7 sets 25 questions so that you have GMAT like question in the form of GMAT test paper (i.e. jumbled question) to practice with and keep a watch on your accuracy and speed...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@CatNamoNamah yes there is one available on manhattan website... you can search and get it from there for sure
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@amitpuy said:
@Eng_quant buddy.. Do OG 12 and 13 after you have done some preparation so that questions dont get wasted and then analyse where you stand.

Have they provided different set of questions in OG12 and OG13?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Spent last 13-14 days rigourously preparing for verbal...the score is still at ridiculous 70% (percentile)
I did this - og13 , sc grail, bits of mgmat sc guide. In total solved 400+ questions in verbal. And analyzed every question , whether right or wrong..
Score is still the same. What am I doing wrong, suggestions anyone?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...