750 (q50/v41)

29 Posts  ·  14 Users
About this group
Hi everyone, gave my GMAT today. got 750 (Q50/V41). was pleasantly surprised as my score surpassed all my mock scores! my background - I am a doctor doing MD in Clinical Pharmacology from India. Doing mostly clinical research (Clinical trials...
Page 1 of 3
i am in the same situation. I received a score of 730 q49,v41, but have seen multiple scores with the same subscores and a 740 score. I wrote GMAT customer service and their reply was that the scores are verified in 3 different testing centers and are only reportable if all 3 centers' scores match. I feel cheated as well.

If you find anything else please let me know.

it happens dude....i've got Q-48 V-45....and my score was 750...many with the same split even got 740 and 760....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

thanks for sharing your experience... wish you a great life ahead...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i am in the same situation. I received a score of 730 q49,v41, but have seen multiple scores with the same subscores and a 740 score. I wrote GMAT customer service and their reply was that the scores are verified in 3 different testing centers and are only reportable if all 3 centers' scores match. I feel cheated as well.

If you find anything else please let me know.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
This may sound a bit strange but I gave my GMAT yesterday and scored a 740 with same split as q50/v41. :shock:
I have no idea what to make of this inconsistency. :dontgeti:

-Arjun

I dont wanna deliberately make u feel worse, but one of my colleagues scored 750 with a 50/40 split (I know, I know, that means a better GMAT score with a "worse" split)

I guess that just adds credibility to what crazycow had to say about the algorithm being a great deal more holistic than we probably give it credit for. The impression I always got was that while there is a very strong correlation between the quant & verbal scores and the corresponding GMAT score, they seemed to be calculated independently (Which is supported by the different scores achieved with identical splits).

Btw, I also scored 760 on one of my GMAT Prep Tests with a Q50/V41 split, and ended up scoring 760 with a Q51 / V41 split in the actual GMAT...Not much of an inconsistency there...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

wow!! the situation is heating up !! well, in my humble opinion, RTI is applicable to government institutions and not for private enterprises...I would rather tell you to mail your apprehensions to GMAC. they are an extremely transparent organisation and efficient as well. I think they will be able to help you give an explanation...if they do, kindly forward it to us as well!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

thanks to both of you for replying...

however i cannot help feeling a tad bit cheated :angry::angry:...the final score not being calculated from the split doesn't make much sense...if the split score and the final scores are not in perfect correlation, then this means that GMAC is handing out 2 different type of scores for every test and i don't understand how this can be of any help to any B-school while comparing candidates...

honestly speaking...i would like to see more transparency in their marking system...maybe i can invoke the RTI on them

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
This may sound a bit strange but I gave my GMAT yesterday and scored a 740 with same split as q50/v41. :shock:

-Arjun

Hi Arjun

I think I may have given the GMAT around the same time as you did, and oddly enough I got a 760 with the same split. The fact that the three of us(the third being "ssoommnnaatthh" of course) got three different scores with identical splits only confirms a suspicion most people have had that the final GMAT score may not be a direct translation of the raw Verbal and Quant scores. Their calculation algorithm is probably more complex which we probably do not know about.

In any case, there is another theory that most schools look at the individual percentile scores for Quant and Verbal and not the total score if scores are substantially above 700. But again, though this gyaan is not a documented GMAT fact, it is beleivable as it is pretty easy these days to get 700 for Indian students especially, by cracking a 51 in Quant, but with only a 34-35 in Verbal(borderline 70 percentile).

And yes, "ssoommnnaatthh's" statement does hold true as well about more people scoring high these days thus pushing the %ile scores down. Case in point, as per OG11, a 50 in quant used to be 95%ile, though I'm sure you'd have seen in your report its only as good as a 94%ile now. Won't be surprised if soon enough, a 51 in Quant is not 99%ile anymore!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

When I gave GMAT, people used to get 760 at50/41. I guess this is because many Indians,Chinese and good students are giving GMAT raising the bar pretty fast. If many people get 50/41, it will automatically decrease the score and percentile.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

-Arjun

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

buy them from me. I am selling my notes and material. I am sending you a PM regarding all my material

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...