750 in GMAT | Q52 ; V42

26 Posts  ·  12 Users
About this group
Hi, I have leeched off pagalguy but never really contributed to it. But after my recent success, I feel duty-bound to give back whatever little I have so that I might inspire someone, as few who inspired me; especially david_cro and nami_shar...
Page 1 of 3

Hi,
I have just started preparing for Gmat and I am planning to take the exam in June..BUt I dont have any idea how to start my preparation.which material to follow..Can you please guide me through this...I will really very grateful to you...

Thanks a lot.
God Bless You!!
Thanks!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi. Could you please tell me where could get hold of Sanjeev Gupta's CR notes?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ps25 Says
Dude, do post your experience on these...and congrats at least you have one admit now :)..Could you brief your profile (work ex, industry, ec, professional background etc)

Profile is standard IIM.. Indian IT Male.
4 yrs work-ex. (only highlight would be International experience in US & UK)

Fisher -- There is a fisher thread in Pagalguy.. the interview questions have been posted there. Mine were similar. Standard questions. Julee Conrad took my interview.

UIUC - Ben Moreland took my interview. With UIUC I had the good fortune of knowing a lot of alumni personally. So that helped in the interview.

UC Davis was actually my first interview of the MBA season and it was purely telephonic. I was bit nervous and stammered. At the end I was not satisfied with my performance and was feeling pretty irrirated with myself. That shone through in the results. Again, very standard questions from my essays.

SMU -- this was again a pretty standard interview where questions from my essay and resume were asked. I was feeling pretty headstrong and confident .. and I guess the result reflects that again.

PM me if u want some specific details. Cheers!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Finally on PagalGuy after a long time ... its scary here. Reading all the "dings" and the star profiles of people... At least I felt like I didn't have much of a chance...

Have applied to following schools --

1. Fisher (ohio state)
2. UIUC
3. Mays (Texas A&M;)
4. UNC Kenan-Flagler
5. Cox (SMU)
6. UC Davis
7. Wharton

Got thru in Cox... got scholarship as well !
UC Davis -- Waitlisted
Fisher -- Interview done, waiting for result. Hoping for something good.
UIUC -- ditto as fisher.
UNC -- Interivew will happen in Feb
Mays -- Application is still under review
Wharton -- ditto as Mays

Thinking of applying to Goizuetta... not sure thought if I should. Any suggestions?

Dude, do post your experience on these...and congrats at least you have one admit now :)..Could you brief your profile (work ex, industry, ec, professional background etc)
ISBCo2014 spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkGkc0yWHIvAdE9DZ2UwbDB4TlIxZkpnZnZITUpEemc
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Finally on PagalGuy after a long time ... its scary here. Reading all the "dings" and the star profiles of people... At least I felt like I didn't have much of a chance...

Have applied to following schools --

1. Fisher (ohio state)
2. UIUC
3. Mays (Texas A&M;)
4. UNC Kenan-Flagler
5. Cox (SMU)
6. UC Davis
7. Wharton

Got thru in Cox... got scholarship as well !
UC Davis -- Waitlisted
Fisher -- Interview done, waiting for result. Hoping for something good.
UIUC -- ditto as fisher.
UNC -- Interivew will happen in Feb
Mays -- Application is still under review
Wharton -- ditto as Mays

Thinking of applying to Goizuetta... not sure thought if I should. Any suggestions?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
congr8 nirvana

I'm targetting minimum 51 - Q and 40+ - V . Which material should i solve for practice besides OG?
Is Quant a cake walk in GMAT for engg. background?
To score 42 in Verbal how many ques. shud b correct? I knw it depends on consistency also bt still how accuracy is needed?

Taking the liberty of answering since the original poster seems to be missing.

Myth - Quant is a cakewalk for Engineers. I scored more than 94 percentile in quant both the times i gave CAT, I think I know a reasonable level of QA. Quant in GMAT is different, seems easy, but in reality, is Very Tricky. You will think that you aced the QA section but get a rude shock when u see the score, like me (I got 49 on the QA). Obviously, this means I made a lot of stupid mistakes, but this is just to tell you that it is not a cakewalk.

How many questions need to be correct for 42 is quite difficult to tell, i got 40 in VA in both my GMATPrep tests with 7 & 8 questions wrong respectively. I guess 42 would mean you will need to get at least 35-36 questions correct, although i might be wrong because I am just speculating by use of extrapolation :D

Besides OG, get your hands on the Verbal Review and the Quant review.
Also try to finish the unique questions from OG11.

On a sidenote, Q51 is the maximum that any human can get on the GMAT, dont know if aliens are allowed to give the GMAT yet 😁 😉 .

Check out the mba.com website: http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/gmat-scores-and-score-reports/what-your-percentile-ranking-means.aspx
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

congr8 nirvana

I'm targetting minimum 51 - Q and 40+ - V . Which material should i solve for practice besides OG?
To score 42 in Verbal how many ques. shud b correct? I knw it depends on consistency also bt still how accuracy is needed?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

congr8 nirvana

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@ratinarace,

I will get back to you on this by tomorrow... the CR notes by the way are the notes made by Sanjeev Gupta for his students. He runs an excellent GMAT coaching class in bangalore..

Hi can you mail the Sanjeev Gupta notes. will pm my email id if you can mail
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Sausi & @Psycho

Unfortunately (for me) my unofficial printout won't be available to me till Saturday when I go home and hence I am unable to open that link from the email I got ..
Also, i never paid attention to the Q, V breakup of GMAT score.. I always looked at the x-out-of-800. I spent literally just 5 weeks on GMAT and I didn't realize that Q, V breakup can be (so) important

Its probably why i didnt look at my breakup at all. But, not wasting any more of your time. On Saturday, I will post my breakup..

Its best that you forget all this talk and concentrate on your apps and helping our fellow puys. Enough pages have already been wasted. 😁
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...