710 today Q50 V37 a big let down!! please help..

7 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Hi all , took my gmat this morning, got 710 and am seriously disappointed about it. So much so that i am considering taking another shot at it in a months time. My profile is as follows Btech , (ip dellhi ) GPA 3.45 current exp as soft...
Page 1 of 1
thank you all
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey firstly 710 is seriously decent score !! i know plenty of friends who got into top 10 US schools with that kind of score. but please do focus on submitting solid essays and reccos because indian/male/IT segment is over-represented !!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Mate,

We are all in the same boat.

For Institutes with good financial aid,the first one that comes to my mind is Mays business school,Texas A&M; University.(Less fees,Good Aid,Decent placements (avg 90K) and 16 month MBA).

But if want to badly explore financial Aid and eventually the ROI (return on investment) fro B-schools then u can try financial times business rankings.Add a new column Value for money in that and then u can decide according to values there

Hope this helps.

Cheers
KKC

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

thanks for the replies, that was some consolation.:eh:

any thoughts around the possibility of me getting financial aid,
clearly as u can see from my previous post, this is a major concern.

can any one give me some pointers about how to start searching for schools that i would now like to apply to ..

TIA
RD

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi mate,

I have never heard that B-schools are skeptical about GMAT score on second attempt'
Infact in all the major B-schools sites in the FAQ section it is clearly mentioned that they only take the BETTER SCORE AND NOT THE AVERAGE OF SCORES.

Indeed Mccombs and Fisher ask waitlisted candidates to take the GMAT again to better their chances...

All said and done I dont think 710 is a bad score.Write GMAT second time if u want to badly

But concentrate on writing good essays insted.That should compensate

Cheers
KKC

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dude,

710 is not a bad score. I know junta with that score who has cracked top 10 US B Schools and ISB. It all depends what are you targeting.

Dont take another GMAT for the heck of it that too so soon!! It can go against you big time. Please take informed decisions.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all ,
took my gmat this morning, got 710
and am seriously disappointed about it. So much so that i am considering taking another shot at it in a months time.
My profile is as follows
Btech , (ip dellhi ) GPA 3.45
current exp as soft .dev in an IT consulting firm
close to 2 years, 3+ by fall 2009.
completely on project, hands on exp.
No onsite. no publicatons/ EC

please tell me what are my chances of getting into a decent B school
in fall 2009. My major considerations are Aid and job prospects.
interested in hr, media managment or IT managment.

Also is it of any use giving GMAT again in a months time, since i have heard that
a lot of univ have reservations against scores that are not first attempt.

please help,

thanks
RD

Ps: mods, i see a lot of threads related to scores n how to's. i am putting up a new thread, looking for "what nexts" and "now whats"

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...