650 ? Any good ? I am devastated

3 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Hi all. I gave my gmat 2day, n got a modest 650. ( Q :47 , V : 33 )I am alot disappointed.I was suprised at my verbal score, and found the questions, esp CR to be lot tougher than OG material, or also GMATPrep tests 4 that matter. I need advi...
Page 1 of 1

The problem is that most schools will ask for a score that 3yrs old or less. Anything older than that, they might ask you to re-take. So at 4yrs, there is a very good possibility that you will be asked to re-take. Since you dont intend applying anyway, I suggest you get some useful work-ex, build a profile and take the GMAT 2yrs from now. That way, your score will be more relevant.

Locked.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

In addition to above, I need suggestions considering that I want to end up in atleast one f the top 15 or top 20 B school.

Thanks in advance..
Looking forward to hearing 4m u guys, ...

* i know such queries have alrdy been entertained in the past, but i found most of them coming 4m candidates who wanted 2 apply in the same year, or the upcoming academic session, so i thought about asking it as a new thread. Lemme know if m wrong *

Hi all.
I gave my gmat 2day, n got a modest 650. ( Q :47 , V : 33 )I am alot disappointed.I was suprised at my verbal score, and found the questions, esp CR to be lot tougher than OG material, or also GMATPrep tests 4 that matter.
I need advice from senior people and experts as to what should be my next step.

Profile : ----

I have just completed B.Tech ( computer Sci ) with 71 % overall.

I INTEND to get some work ex,(which shld strt 4m november the max ) say of atleast around 3 years or maybe 4 .

I am SURE that i will go for a MBA at some point in my career( say after 3-4 years of work ex ) , to enhance my career prospects. I wanted to give GMAT now so i don't have to do it while working.

Therefore, my profile shld be of typical : I.T.-- MALE -- 3-4 years of Work Ex when i apply.

------

Now for my prep : I had completed all ques 4m OG( some of it more than once 2 ) , Studied kaplan, manhattan , & princeton. I also did some ques from some other sources as well.
GMATprep scores are : 710 ( given 2 days earlier ) , 750 ( given yesterday ! ) , I also gave PowerPrep , and scored 750 & 760 in the two papers.( gave them over this last week).
I never got a score below 38 in verbal in each of these tests.

Gave 800'Score.com test : got 610 and 630. they were tougher than Gmatprep and Powerprep.
Now i feel these tests were closer to to actual GMAT exp in verbal sec !

-------
I WAS REALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE FINAL RESULTS...
It wasn't that i was nervous , i was pretty ok and feeling confident , but some how messed up my verbal. 😞
-------
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW, ?
GIVE GMAT AGAIN ? SINCE I AM IN TOUCH WITH THE SYLLABUS , I GIVE IT ASAP ?Given my score in prep tests, do u pple think my score shld improve significantly the next time ?
Or should i chuck it for now ? and think about it when i actually plan to take admission into B school ?
Say if i improve my score to 700-730, what will be my chances of getting into a top 15 school ? top 10-15 ? ( after 3-4 years of work ex ) ?

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS, AM A LOT CONFUSED 😞 😞