3 years experience-Decent Salary-To MBA or not to MBA?!Bail me out

6 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Hi friends..I am standing at crossroads in my life,with 1 question to which I am not able to get a clear answer.I hope I will finally find the answers here.I am working for a Japanese Auto Giant,drawing close to 10.5 lacs/annum.I have a total wr...
Page 1 of 1

Hi Friends, Myself Manav, working as a Business Analyst in CSC with 3 Years of Experience.

I have done B. Tech in Computer Science and I am average in studies but hard-working with good communication and leadership skills.I am an avid traveller and a professional photographer.

I want your advice / suggestion on my (MBA) career path and growth as per my ability and interest.

I have more interest in a job which can offer me opportunity to :

1.Use creativity , design thinking abilities to deal with real life scenarios.

2.Lesser documentation work (Reading and solution of BRDs and docs) Lesser Desk job with more outdoors and Travel.

3.Chance to interact and deal with people with managing a team and process with a responsibility.

I want to do Full Time MBA (more preferably in Marketing or Supply Chain Management).

So can you please advise me some good specializations in MBA that would be best for me as per my:

1.Academics

2.Work Experience

3.and my Interest.

I would be really grateful for the authentic answers and suggestions. Thanks and Regards.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Need Guidance, i have 2 years and 10 months experience in IT industry, excellent extra curricular activities record during college as well during my job. I am planning to give my GMAT exam in August so need some help to target some schools. Earlier i was planning MBA abroad so started studying for GMAT but now i guess i will not be to afford MBA abroad so want to target schools in India after giving GMAT. All advice are most welcome.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

While you search for a new thread, here is what i think -

Join an MBA only with an intention of starting your own business, go in with business ideas and use the MBA time to dwell and get a lot more clarity on your concept and eventually, be sure of walking out from placements.
If in MBA for placements and another job with may be better profile, it is never going to be worth spending two years.
Me doing Stand Up Comedy at AIPGM, Pune - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk4xn4Z0yKs
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Please use Search function of PG (top right corner) before starting a new thread.

You can DO/KNOW anything, but not everything!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi friends..I am standing at crossroads in my life,with 1 question to which I am not able to get a clear answer.I hope I will finally find the answers here.

I am working for a Japanese Auto Giant,drawing close to 10.5 lacs/annum.I have a total wrk ex of 3 years(1.5 years with an Indian Manufacturer,a leader in Commercial vehicles).

I have always been keen on an MBA-Marketing,and believed that I should do my MBA after sufficient work-ex.Now that I have some experience,I am in a state of utter confusion.

An MBA would cost me on an avg 10-15 lacs(Correct me if I am wrong),plus the 2 years invested would mean I am drawing no salary(25 lacs).

Having invested close to 40 lacs,I understand from various posts that the median salary at top notch b-schools is in the range of 15 lacs.

If I purely look at this from an ROI point of view,I am not getting a justification.I am looking for stronger points that supersede this aspect.

To add,I am doing well professionally and hope to get a promotion within a year.

Please enlighten me with your views and bail me out of this confusion...

Thanks in advance...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...