[28th Feb 2010] CAT 2009 Results : Discussions, analysis and what next

2,677 Posts  ·  872 Users
About this group
qa- 94.94 di- 96.77 va- 93.02 oa- 98.01 xth- 83 xiith -90 grad- 73 can i expect any iim call ??
Page 1 of 268

yes avinav bhai :)
you are right.
the thread has served its purpose now.

puys,

please continue in the relevant threads by searching for the topics.
http://www.pagalguy.com/1557219-post.html

also, here are some CAT 2010 threads.
cat 2010 Threads - Forum Tags by Zoints

www.raghavabbhi.com | My take on CAT: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/6315307
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Xth - 76 %
XIIth - 66.7% improved it to 72%
Grad Btech - 72%
work ex - joined jan 2010

extra curr - excellent at college level, decent at district and school level.

cat 2008 - 97.89 (declined IMT Gzb HR)
cat 2009 - 96.72

Is there any bleak chances of me getting into any IIM this year ?

Just tell me any chances although I know it's not gonna be easy as such...

Wanna add .. category - general.

Since all your %ages are over 70, you certainly clear this year's %age criteria of IIM A. Apart from it, some colleges like IIM B and L consider overall profiles while C mainly considers the CAT score for shortlisting. Don't worry, you have decent acads. Just focus a lot on improving your CAT score from the present 96-97 %ile level to atleast 98.5-99 %ile and you'll atleast get calls from some IIMs and top B-schools, assuming balanced sectionals. Then it would be upto you to convert those calls.

Xth - 76 %
XIIth - 66.7% improved it to 72%
Grad Btech - 72%
work ex - joined jan 2010

extra curr - excellent at college level, decent at district and school level.

cat 2008 - 97.89 (declined IMT Gzb HR)
cat 2009 - 96.72

Is there any bleak chances of me getting into any IIM this year ?

Just tell me any chances although I know it's not gonna be easy as such...

Wanna add .. category - general.

Please give your valuable inputs....

got admit from IMT Ghaziabad for PGDM (Finance)_my first pref :)

But I'm apprehensive about joining ....plz suggest...

Profile:
1st attempt at CAT: 97.87%ile
Grad: IITkgp; 6.00; 2009
12th: CBSE; 83%
10th: CBSE; 81%
WorkEx: Top 3 Indian IT Company

I hadn't applied anywhere else except cat/iim's and applied to imtg after cat results.

I want to shift from IT to Finance...

should I join IMTG or try cat again?

Totally depends on you. If you believe you can better your performance next year and can make it to the IIMs, do try again. Else, go for IMT-Gzb. You have to be absolutely sure whether you can better your performance next year. If there's even some doubt, it's better to go for what you have now, else the opportunity cost might be too high.

Please give your valuable inputs....

got admit from IMT Ghaziabad for PGDM (Finance)_my first pref :)

But I'm apprehensive about joining ....plz suggest...

Profile:
1st attempt at CAT: 97.87%ile
Grad: IITkgp; 6.00; 2009
12th: CBSE; 83%
10th: CBSE; 81%
WorkEx: Top 3 Indian IT Company

I hadn't applied anywhere else except cat/iim's and applied to imtg after cat results.

I want to shift from IT to Finance...

should I join IMTG or try cat again?

hi puys

PLZ GIVE ME SOME INFO ON IIM ROHTAK ADMISSION PROCESS..WHY HAVENT THEY RELEASED THERE SHORTLIST YET

R @ J Says
Hey Pradeep, thanks for pointing it out.... And yeah, in the hindsight I somehow agree to what you are saying; the post as such has no useful information other than a tad element of 'boasting' attached to it.... Have modified my post... But trust me, my intentions were unadulterated ! The post was more of a frustration after my IIM A result, so please dont mind !

sry 4 spamming bt cudn't stop myself.

"A fruit-laden tree always bends low". these words are so true for u. if all were able to follow it, PG wud have been such a better place.( although it is the best...still).

congrats for ur bangalore convert n i guess u have converted lucknow as well. u truely deserved them man.:cheerio:
pradeeptewani Says
I could sense a lot of arrogance in this post... though u said "not boasting", but it was sort of boasting only.... i think ananya is right, rather than just alleging her, make the corrections.. that would be more beneficial for the fellow puys rather than anything else... i think more than ur boastful post, abhinav akash's post is much more useful.... i've been seeing u on pg since a few days, but never did i feel this arrogance earlier... NOM...

Hey Pradeep, thanks for pointing it out.... And yeah, in the hindsight I somehow agree to what you are saying; the post as such has no useful information other than a tad element of 'boasting' attached to it.... Have modified my post... But trust me, my intentions were unadulterated ! The post was more of a frustration after my IIM A result, so please dont mind !

Another factor that most people dont address is that of the personal interview. Even if your academics are not strong (Believe me here.. i know a 70% grad, 80ish 10th,12th fresher who cleared C,A and L..off topic even XLRI), if your interview clicks then you will be in for sure. Its just a matter of what the panel is looking for in the candidate. Nobody can determine this... read the tons of experience posts where candidates who thought their interviews went well ended up with a reject and those who thought they had a terrible interview made it in.
So basically believe in yourself and go all guns blazing. The most important part of the post written process is self confidence. Creation of any stereotypes can jeapordise your neutrality to the questions asked and also your own self confidence. Just be yourself, dont bother about what happened in the past and give it your best shot