[2020] AIMCAT 2105 (22nd Oct - 26th Oct)

44 Posts  ·  429 Users
About this group

This thread is to post scores and percentiles and discuss test-taking strategies, doubts, and queries for AIMCAT 2105 [2020].       

Page 1 of 5
CAT 19: 78.81 || XAT 2020: 92.00 
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What is the percentile for 75 marks?

CAT'18:95.99|CAT'20:? 
1 comment
Rocker1216
@Rocker1216  ·  43 karma

i got 94.xx at 79 marks.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

So if u solve the last set of dilr by directly taking the average of all the cost per unit  ...... eventually the cost per unit will come out to be 34 for the missing place and the set was solved very quickly. I know that directly calculating the average of a process by adding all the cost per unit is wrong approach but HOW it got solved ??? Is it one of those few cases where the value coincided ??????

2 comments
XIMB-Aspirant
@XIMB-Aspirant  ·  4 karma

I did the exact same thing solved the set in 4 mins then realised the blunder, kept the TITA questions marked and retracted the others. Turns out I shouldnt have and I have no clue how the values coincide. They shouldnt in any case

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
SG_The_Badass
@SG_The_Badass  ·  14 karma

@XIMB-Aspirant Ya i was attempting the set after mock and did it in 2-3 minutes and saw that it was classified as VD and then i got that it was just fluke because the approach anyway was wrong .

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
CAT 19: 78.81 || XAT 2020: 92.00 
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

does anyne understood quant q5 sol?

please explain in easier way

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In QA section, for Qn-17, Ans is -22 ryt????? In solution too, they have provided the ans as -22. I have given -22 as my answer in the exam but it has been evaluated as a wrong answer. Has anybody confronted the same!?

Yes
No
2 comments34 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

VARC- 35 (13A/12C)  97.56 

DILR- 0

QA- 0 

Had to leave it in between, got auto submitted. 

Non-Engineer Fresher On Mission 
2 comments
Proper_Noun
@Proper_Noun  ·  63 karma

I wish I could have left my Engineering Degree in between and it would get Auto-submitted too. Lol. 😂

Like  ·  Reply  ·  5 likes  ·  
TOM_KIRKMAN
@TOM_KIRKMAN  ·  54 karma

Probably every engineer's wish  xD

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

RC, Question 13, film makers 'complicate' matters because  - a. they CONTAMINATE the idea of philosophy further with their insights, surely i can't be the only one who sees the issue with this option? the entire passage talks about harmony and the entaglement of trivial human thoughts and actions with philosophy, in the entire passage it is considered a good thing, now, the word contaminate cant possibly be used in a positive way, there is no possive connotation of the word, so the option a. is very much inappropriate, as they dont contaminate philosophy rather just culminate it into a more intelligible form which all of us can consume.

I am a fool with a heart but no brains, and you are a fool with brains but no heart; and we’re both unhappy, and we both suffer. 
6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
casper021
@casper021  ·  7 karma

@peanut2 *reminder

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
peanut2
@peanut2  ·  61 karma

ahahahaha brilliant, wwas my phone 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC: 90.92%ile (My ni66a dostoevsky is very disappointed in me)

DILR: 82.47%ile 

QA: 78.43%ile 

OA: 88.9%ile

every mock i fck up one section and end up with the same 90%ile... someday i will cross 95 in mocks....

I am a fool with a heart but no brains, and you are a fool with brains but no heart; and we’re both unhappy, and we both suffer. 
1 like2 comments
Walter__White
@Walter__White  ·  4 karma

scores pls

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
peanut2
@peanut2  ·  61 karma

@Walter__White 27/23/19

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

AIMCAT 2105 Results:

VARC: 69 percentile.

DILR: 98.09 percentile.

QA: 98.85 percentile.

Overall: 98.68 percentile.

All India Rank: 160

Lol. My VARC percentile accurately represents my attempt in the section.

5 likes3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
starbucksucker
@starbucksucker  ·  77 karma

@peanut2 that's what's gonna be the crazy part about this year's CAT. Just a few marks are gonna make it for ya or break it for ya. :|

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
peanut2
@peanut2  ·  61 karma

@starbucksucker exactly!! just the reckoning that screwing up half a dilr set or a couple rc questions will literally be the difference between a 98 or 96 whatever

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...