[2019]AIMCAT 2002(9th Nov-11th Nov 2019)

58 Posts  ·  829 Users
About this group
This thread is to post scores and percentiles and discuss test-taking strategies, doubts, and queries for AIMCAT 2002[2019].
Page 1 of 6

Thread for AIMCAT 2001 discussion?

CAT 18 - 91.25, CAT 19 - 99.27, NMAT 19 - 228 | Converts - NMIMS, IIM Shillong, NITIE
4 likes8 comments
Load more comments  ·  1 of 8
nothingabsolute
@nothingabsolute  ·  78 karma

Kya scores

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can somebody tell me the level of difficulty of AIMCAT 2025, 2024 and 2023 and approximate number of test takers of these tests?

CAT '19: 98.98
2 comments
Pavanjoshi007
@Pavanjoshi007  ·  1 karma

they were very much easier . If u are planning to attempt them ,itz simply wasting ua time . no of test takers were aroumd 6k-8k

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
randomguy587
@randomguy587  ·  164 karma

Okay. Thanks.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
CAT18: 95.86, CAT19: 99.57
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys.. was the quant section of this mock a notch above CAT level ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

My mock scores are highly fluctuating. In one mock I score 98 percentile in next one it goes as low as 85. One more thing in QA I am not able to implement ABC approach effectively. I end up scoring around 35 but during analysis I can solve about 23 questions. Please help me 🙏🙏

cat18-94.18 cat19-94.57 xat20-97.8 cat20??
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Varc 48 (92) As Cat is approaching scores are going down consistently in varc now. :( Lrdi 52 (98.3) Qa 50 (96) 10-12 negatives here. Tried pushing the attempts. Didn't work I guess. OA 150 (98.5)

CAT 17 - 73|| CAT 18 - 88 || CAT 19 -96.5 || XAT 2020- 98.9% XAT Verbal-99.2%
1 like7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
MystiqueKnight
@MystiqueKnightNITIE Mumbai  ·  193 karma

Ha bhai😁 yup

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
MystiqueKnight
@MystiqueKnightNITIE Mumbai  ·  193 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The set on the league matches is a paradigm of a trap set! One point spoiled the entire freaking set. :(

2 likes3 comments
Load more comments  ·  1 of 3
Fire510
@Fire510  ·  202 karma

Guys if u could get that one point u could have done it under 8 minutes. I really liked that set.Would say it was perfectly balanced dilr

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi guys , I am getting 120-130 ovrall marks constantly in mocks??So what score can i expect in the real cat?it's my first attempt?

is there any scope to increase my score in the remaining time?

1 comment
vinterm_100
@vinterm_100  ·  38 karma

@Pavanjoshi007 I was scoring in similar range last year. I think you can expect 96-98%ile or even higher if you manage to do well on D-Day.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

As AIMCATs progesses why does the number of test takers reduce, except this one

1 comment
catsndogs0
@catsndogs0  ·  44 karma

cuz many have placement season/end sem xam near to CAT

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC Question 8 -

It cannot be inferred from the penultimate para that - 

Answer is option D which says that the functional machinery cannot be understood without understanding the protein structures.

Reasoning for the answer is that it has not been stated that functional machinery cannot be understood without understanding the protein structures. The passage clearly says that protein makes the functional materials that makes the machinery of all living things. The structure of the proteins define the function, and we don't understand these because they are exceedingly complicated.

From this, can we not infer that if we don't understand protein structures - we won't understand function. And by extension we won't understand the machinery as well because the functions make up the machinery.

In my opinion, this is not a stretch and can be reasonable inferred. Thoughts?

2 comments
KrishnaSripada
@KrishnaSripada  ·  24 karma

No. It cannot be inferred. Because the passage doesn't talk about understanding machinery and functions separately. In all likelihood one could argue that we understand both separately. What we don't understand is their interdependence. We may understand functions (as in what they do - functional machinery), and not understand HOW they do what they do. Makes sense?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
tenfeettall
@tenfeettall  ·  65 karma

So you are saying that I can understand what a machine does, without knowing the underlying structure of the components which enable it to perform said function? So even though I may not understand how the protein structure influence function, but I can very well understand what the functions themselves are.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...