[ 2019 ] TIME AIMCAT 2013 ( 23-26th August )

55 Posts  ·  1,354 Users
About this group
Discussions on CAT and on AIMCAT 2013
Page 1 of 6

47/19/53

OA:-119

Percentile should be somewhere around 98.6-98.8 i think

2 comments
Adhyan_Singh
@Adhyan_Singh  ·  60 karma

aimcat 2011?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Dionysian44
@Dionysian44  ·  19 karma

Missed the window. Couldnt write aimcat 2011

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

65/24/42 OA: 131 Percentile: 99.58 / AIR 70

CAT '18: 97.5 | Converts: IIM-S | Waitlist: IIM-L
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi everyone, 

I'm pursuing my mba and currently conducting a survey on Online MBA test preparation websites, since many of you'll will be using them for your preparation it would be helpful if you can spare few minutes and fill it. No personal details will be asked:)

https://forms.gle/pjvBcjuusUsKuhbt5

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anybody please help with Third LRDI set: A,B,C,D,E are five people standing at distance of 10m from each other in any of four different directions North, South, East or West. 

The explanation given provided is not too lengthy and incomprehensible. 

Will appreciate the help. TIA

CAT 17: 91.71 || CAT 18: 93.21
1 comment
BPCA8A
@BPCA8A  ·  36 karma

I drew lines/arrows instead of Boxes to understand the scenarios. Forget about the solutions and steps they followed and start with as many cases as you can come up with. You might encounter same case(s) again or discard some... still keep following and check conditions as you go solving. Either you will end up with the right answer or more likely miss some cases but then mistakes will be much understandable. It worked for me.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In the AIMCAT 2013 Q1, VARC video solution, the guy demonstrates how to choose the correct option when stuck between two options. But when he compares 'longevity' and 'life expectancy' he boils it down to 'life expectancy' since that word was mentioned in the passage. But while reading the passage, he himself mentioned that it was the 'additional life expectancy' and not the 'life expectancy' per se that being referred. Now 'additional life expectancy' can be 'longevity' right?

1 like1 comment
karthikmadkekar
@karthikmadkekar  ·  47 karma

Well, the text solution and the video solution line of thinking of TIME questions varies drastically! Text solution seems to give a satiating answer.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In QA there is this strategy for doing the questions in 2 rounds A and B. In A easy questions first and in B the lengthier ones. 

Are we supposed to go through all the questions first and then decide A and B or do we solve them as we encounter the questions - like just solve easy questions first and mark for review questions for round B ?

1 like4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
karthikmadkekar
@karthikmadkekar  ·  47 karma

That instinct can be only developed by practice. I'm not strong in quant but I can bet you that I have seen that instinct effect. Earlier on, I was attempting every T&D/T&W questions cause I felt that those were my 'strong' areas. But in my mocks, though I was getting them right, I was taking over 180 seconds to solve them. In fact, the average time for those questions were also at around 180s. So I thought of reducing that time and started doing a lot of questions in those topics. In the later mocks, after a quick glance of the question on that topic, I am able to figure out how fast/slow I can solve the question and keep them to round 2. Although, I am not able to get back to them again, which I should figure out quickly! 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
DJ_2346
@DJ_2346  ·  8 karma

@karthikmadkekar Thanks man. Appreciate it

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

EXTENDED WINDOW 

VARC 56 (31A,21C) 

DILR 42 (17A,14C) 

QA 48 (22A,17C) 

OA 145 (70A,52C)

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand"
5 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC 67 (32A/24C) Way too less time left for VA :(

DILR 28 (12A/10C) How hard was this section, damn! 

QA 34 (19A/12C) F*ucked up

OA 129

Screwed up QA pretty bad. Any tips welcome!

2 likes1 comment
sanchit3008
@sanchit3008  ·  31 karma

Great VARC score

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VA- 36

DILR - 15

QA- 41

Overall -92

Can anyone tell me the overall percentile/sectional percentile as I have given test in extended window.

1 comment
saklau
@saklau  ·  81 karma

wait for tomorrow, you ll get percentiles and ranks

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...