[2019] SIMCAT 15 [Proctored] (15th November- 19th November)

43 Posts  ·  917 Users
About this group

Post SIMCAT scores and have discussion! 

Page 1 of 5

Gave it Today

VARC-76 

DILR-31

QA-47 

OA-154 (My First 150+ in a SIM)

A bittersweet end to the Mock Season

Its been a wonderful journey guys. Pagalguy family has always helped me during the crushing times.All the best for CAT.

3 likes5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
Seige_VA
@Seige_VA  ·  28 karma

@VinayHirani1 Thanks mate wish you luck too

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
ginzme1
@ginzme1  ·  0 karma

CAT 2019 official answer key released........download here....https://admission.aglasem.com/cat-2019-answer-key/

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Probably my last mock (unless I decide to right one more tonight for whatever reason) - 

VARC - 61 (31A/23C) - Plagued by bad accuracy in RC (22A/15C) in the last few mocks. Now I am not sure if its just an IMS thing but sometimes I don't agree with the RC answers, or atleast the explanation for the correct answer. A nice 80% accuracy in RC on Sunday should put me right where I want to be in this section. Happy with VA though (9A/8C).

DILR - 69 (24A/23C) - Surely one of the easier DILR sections I have ever attempted in a mock. Wasted some time in the arrangement set - I think there was a mistake in one of the conditions where they say that persons to the right of B who are not at ends is equal to the persons to the right of L. Please let me know if I am understanding it incorrectly, but I think it means that the number of people to the right of L includes the ones at the ends as well. The solution seems to be contradictory to that. Could have definitely attempted one more set if not for this minor setback.

QA - 48 (17A/16C) - Happy with the accuracy but 17 attempts isn't going to cut it. So many questions where I thought I am close to the answer but couldn't get it. Well, the time for preparation is almost done. I get better percentiles on difficult QA sections probably because I have gotten better at scouting for the easy questions. If there's an easy QA section on Sunday, I know some people who are going to touch 90s, and that is going to be detrimental for me. So at the risk of sounding selfish, I hope its a moderate-difficult QA section. :)

OA - 178 (99.87) - Nice confidence boost before D-day. All the best to everyone writing this year and hope to see us all on the other side :D

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Simcat 15 132(91.11) VARC-56(89.15) DILR-42(89.24) wasted a lot of time in one set.. QA-34(78.56)(CAT 18 bhi isse achha gaya tha)... Guys last 5 mocks my score was in range of 125 to 145...should I hope for something this year at all...

@93.5-Cat18/19-?
1 like4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
omp8595
@omp8595  ·  10 karma

Thanks...will try my best...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Utkarsh7511
@Utkarsh7511  ·  314 karma

@Bhimana hahaha below 97 special efforts ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys I have an urgent and important query. In the VARC section of the CAT exam, in the question paper mode, are the options also present below the questions?

"Human beings are strong because we have the ability to change ourselves." - The one punch man
5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
fTheWorld
@fTheWorld  ·  65 karma

Not a problem bro. Thanks anyway.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
fTheWorld
@fTheWorld  ·  65 karma

@prashanth07 you sure man?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

anbody here can provide with the simcat 15 pdf or link. i am a TIME student just wanted to go through it for analysis. Please help. Sincere request.

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Success is no accident. It is an amalgamation of hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all passion. 

All the very best for the CAT aspirants. Keep your focus and manage your time for CAT 2019 exam will be held on Sunday, November 24, 2019.

Post 61005091507157
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

SIM 15

VA 60 (93.77)

LRDI 48 (94.90)

QA 42 (90.95)

OA 150 (97.19) Finally a 150! in a proctored SIMCAT/AIMCAT. 

Mock season on PG was fun.

ATB :)

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Forgot to add the score here. 

VARC- 71

LRDI- 21

QA - 48. 

OA - 140.

Few silly mistakes in QA caused this to be below par and I can see many people have struggled.. Very bad percentile at 94.4 but happy with VARC as always and QA. LRDI must have been a brain freeze/fatigue scenario. Horrendous mock. I had thought that if this went great I would not give another full length mock after it. Turns out it was not to be. Plunged into self doubt. 

You become a champion by fighting one more round. When things are tough, you fight one more round - James J. Corbett  

Decided to take the next mock. Came right back with a 187 in AIMCAT 2001. Walking into the CAT feeling like the quote makes sense. 

PG DT '19 || CAT19- An Adventure of Discovery|| CAT18-98.96
9 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How many students have given SimCAT 15 ?? Please tell someone

1 comment
vai221094
@vai221094  ·  12 karma

14k+

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC: 57(90.30) DILR: 44(91.19) QA: 73(99.99) OA: 174(99.83) AIR-25 All the best everyone!

7 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...