[2019] IMS SIMCAT 9 Self Proctored (6th September to 9th September)

60 Posts  ·  1,135 Users
About this group

This thread is to post scores and percentiles and discuss test-taking strategies, doubts, and queries for IMS SIMCAT 9 [2019].   

Page 1 of 6

Gave it today.. VARC 35 (77.07) DILR 36 (99.41) QA 74 (99.99) OA 145 (99.92)

CAT18: 95.86, CAT19: ? 
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC__67__99.94 DILR__36__99.41 QA__57__99.18 OA__160__99.98 Hey guys. Can anyone please help me by giving tips on how to improve accuracy in QA?

"Human beings are strong because we have the ability to change ourselves." - The one punch man
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VA-61 (99.66)

DI-36 (99.33

QA-32(82.31) WTF

OA-129 ( 99.36). With 61 in va this is 20 short and quant i messed it up

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am new to using IMS website:

The link for SIMCAT10 says "This test is available only at proctored Centres" but my nearby proctored centre has no seats left. Nor I am able to find any alternative to give it at my home. What should I do?

Underscore
5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
BPCA8A
@BPCA8A  ·  37 karma

@onepoorGEM existential crisis mode triggers...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
onepoorGEM
@onepoorGEM  ·  619 karma

@BPCA8A yeah bro :D

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello guys. I can still remember the gitters I had last year during this time of the year. To keep you updated with all the news & information we at IIFT will be trying our best this year. Kindly follow the official PG page as well as follow the official insta & FB pages of IIFT & keep yourself updated with the process.

Wishing you all the best going forward this exam season. 

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iift-admissions-2020-22-official-55312274932892 

Converts : XL HRM, IIFT D , MDI PGP IM , All CAP IIMs, NMIMS , XIMB BM ; Waitlisted : SJMSOM, IIT D DMS , MDI PGPM ; Rejects : XL BM :-(
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does anyone have links to previous year mocks of time ims and cl. If yes than can you please share. Please need them.

1 like2 comments

A little help required.

My scores in QA have plateaued in 48-58 range. I havent been able to attempt more than 21-22 questions irrespective of difficulty of paper( Keeping accuracy >85%). Also while analysing I see that the rest unattempted/wrong questions are not from a particular topic/chapter. They are different everytime. How to tackle this? 

2 comments
Utkarsh7511
@Utkarsh7511  ·  366 karma

Bro I think you should keep it at this level maintaining high accuracy and focus on VARC for the remaining time left. IMO, VARC is the real score booster in actual cat.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
deepjhala5
@deepjhala5  ·  27 karma

Right! Hovering in 97-98.5% range in QA. Hope to be 99+ in Nov. VARC should be focussed. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

P5Q2) Which of the following, if true, will cast the most serious doubt on the conclusion of the study?

Ans given: Nectar in flowers grown indoors was found to contain far greater amounts of sugar normally than those exposed to bees. 

But passage tells about flowers reacting to low-frequency sounds and bee-buzz. It also tells about flowers not reacting to high-frequency and intermediate-frequency sounds. In both these experiments the flowers are indoor. So even if nectar is high in indoors, the reaction to sound is evident. How is this justified?

2 likes1 comment
onepoorGEM
@onepoorGEM  ·  619 karma

+1

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

P2Q2) The passage indicates that studying crowd psychology helps in all of the following EXCEPT: 

Option 3) opening doors to studies regarding the management of panic in a crowd. - WRONG

Explanation given:  Refer paragraph 1: “Understanding crowds can help us manage the panic caused by a terrorist attack…”  

What in the world? How are these sentences same!? 

Passage talks about ' Studying crowd psychology helps in managing the crowd

Option says 'Studying crowd psychology helps in new studies relating the management of crowds'

What am I missing? 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...