[2019] IMS SIMCAT 9 Self Proctored (6th September to 9th September)

52 Posts  ·  1,118 Users
About this group

This thread is to post scores and percentiles and discuss test-taking strategies, doubts, and queries for IMS SIMCAT 9 [2019].   

Page 1 of 6

Gave it today.. VARC 35 (77.07) DILR 36 (99.41) QA 74 (99.99) OA 145 (99.92)

PG DT'20 || CAT18: 95.86 || CAT19: 99.57
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC__67__99.94 DILR__36__99.41 QA__57__99.18 OA__160__99.98 Hey guys. Can anyone please help me by giving tips on how to improve accuracy in QA?

CAT 2019: 99.98 | IIM C 2020-22
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VA-61 (99.66)

DI-36 (99.33

QA-32(82.31) WTF

OA-129 ( 99.36). With 61 in va this is 20 short and quant i messed it up

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am new to using IMS website:

The link for SIMCAT10 says "This test is available only at proctored Centres" but my nearby proctored centre has no seats left. Nor I am able to find any alternative to give it at my home. What should I do?

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
BPCA8A
@BPCA8A  ·  459 karma

@onepoorGEM existential crisis mode triggers...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
onepoorGEM
@onepoorGEM  ·  3,718 karma

@BPCA8A yeah bro :D

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello guys. I can still remember the gitters I had last year during this time of the year. To keep you updated with all the news & information we at IIFT will be trying our best this year. Kindly follow the official PG page as well as follow the official insta & FB pages of IIFT & keep yourself updated with the process.

Wishing you all the best going forward this exam season. 

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iift-admissions-2020-22-official-55312274932892 

Converts : XL HRM, IIFT D , MDI PGP IM , All CAP IIMs, NMIMS , XIMB BM ; Waitlisted : SJMSOM, IIT D DMS , MDI PGPM ; Rejects : XL BM :-(
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hk52
@Hk52  ·  40 karma

Does anyone have links to previous year mocks of time ims and cl. If yes than can you please share. Please need them.

CAT-19 90.23%ile CAT-20 ??
1 like2 comments

A little help required.

My scores in QA have plateaued in 48-58 range. I havent been able to attempt more than 21-22 questions irrespective of difficulty of paper( Keeping accuracy >85%). Also while analysing I see that the rest unattempted/wrong questions are not from a particular topic/chapter. They are different everytime. How to tackle this? 

1 comment
deepjhala5
@deepjhala5  ·  40 karma

Right! Hovering in 97-98.5% range in QA. Hope to be 99+ in Nov. VARC should be focussed. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

P5Q2) Which of the following, if true, will cast the most serious doubt on the conclusion of the study?

Ans given: Nectar in flowers grown indoors was found to contain far greater amounts of sugar normally than those exposed to bees. 

But passage tells about flowers reacting to low-frequency sounds and bee-buzz. It also tells about flowers not reacting to high-frequency and intermediate-frequency sounds. In both these experiments the flowers are indoor. So even if nectar is high in indoors, the reaction to sound is evident. How is this justified?

2 likes1 comment
onepoorGEM
@onepoorGEM  ·  3,718 karma

+1

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

P2Q2) The passage indicates that studying crowd psychology helps in all of the following EXCEPT: 

Option 3) opening doors to studies regarding the management of panic in a crowd. - WRONG

Explanation given:  Refer paragraph 1: “Understanding crowds can help us manage the panic caused by a terrorist attack…”  

What in the world? How are these sentences same!? 

Passage talks about ' Studying crowd psychology helps in managing the crowd

Option says 'Studying crowd psychology helps in new studies relating the management of crowds'

What am I missing? 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...