[2019] IMS SIMCAT 7 Self Proctored (9th August to 12th August)

73 Posts  ·  866 Users
About this group

This thread is to post scores andpercentiles and discuss test-takingstrategies, doubts, and queries for IMS SIMCAT 7 [2019]. 

Link for SIMCAT 8 group?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC : 51 (95.09) Achilles heel 

LRDI : 52 (98.87)

QA : 60 (99.85)

OA : 163 (99.84)

AIR 28

CAT 17 - 99.18 | CAT 18 - 99.19
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is there any group for IMS-Takehome Mocks?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Gave it today VARC - 24(19A/10C)-This is so freaking random now!Idk what to do about this. 54.06 %ile(Terrible) DILR - 58(22A/20C). 99.78(My second highest DILR %ile XD) QA -46(18A/16C).It was tough! 97.68%ile OA - 128(59A/46C) 96.38%ile.(Some improvement over SIMCAT 6)

Now or Never!!
1 like2 comments
mayur_arora
@mayur_aroraIIM Bangalore  ·  8,678 karma

Now or Never!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  3 likes  ·  
IIM_Groot
@IIM_Groot  ·  155 karma

@mayur_arora Indeed!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Alexander Gordon Laing, a Scottish explorer, was attacked by desert raiders who shot and stabbed him. Somehow he survived and a few months later became the first European known to have reached Timbuktu, whose streets turned out not to be paved with gold, after all. On his way back he was attacked again by Tuaregs, who reportedly strangled him to death with a turban. 

What can you infer about Tuaregs from this paragraph? Are they they one who attacked Alexander the first time too or not?

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand"
1 comment
lovegarg97
@lovegarg97  ·  45 karma

I think we can't infer that. To infer that, the author had written "On his way back he was attacked by Tuaregs again". Again in the paragraph refers to he being attacked, not necessarily by the same group.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

OA: 165 (AIR 19) VA 66 DI 58 QA 41 Okay can someone please help me on how to try and bring my quants at level with other 2? Also is it just me or is SIMCAT giving easier DIs and tougher Quants now??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How are Time sectional tests in comparison to ims?

1 comment
mayur_arora

@Kkjoosk-78 Better, maybe.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

is it just me or does everyone even after a lot of practise scores less initially be it sectional tests or mocks ?

Does it take time to get hold of the strategy ? Please tell me so. I think somewhere I am going wrong in my CAT prep. 

2 comments
DJ_2346
@DJ_2346  ·  3 karma

@mayur_arora your thoughts ? Sectionals mei consistent score chal raha hai. No sign of growth

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
mayur_arora

@DJ_2346 Try changing the test series. If you're at IMS, try TIME. Something like that.

This would move the difficulty level for all sections in different directions.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted.

Cheers!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...