[2019] AIMCAT 2007(5th October-7th October)

53 Posts  ·  996 Users
About this group

This thread is to post scores and percentiles and discuss test-taking strategies, doubts, and queries for AIMCAT 2007 [2019]. 

Page 1 of 6

in q3 of varc, it talks about the paradox in the penultimate paragraph where it says that today growth has become the norm and to grow, we must keep creating transactions. Acc to me the paradox here is that acc to todays model all we need is growth and 'linear model' also primarily focusses on growth only.Hence we can say that linear model becomes the most imp model for growth so though we are trying to make transition to circular model, but still linear one is the best.

but in the sol it is given that the paradox is that linear growth is continuous and wasteful at the same time and this is the paradox.

Please help me in understanding where am i going wrong.

@tenfeettall   @Blackstratblues   @redcloud  ·  

thanks in advance

Post 59648587382919
CAT'17 68.61 || CAT'18 90.74 || CAT'19 99.24 || NMAT'19 228 || IIFT 94.89
1 comment
tenfeettall
@tenfeettall  ·  65 karma

You are understanding the passage wrong. Refer to the second para where the author compares growth to human cells. He says that continuous and exponential growth becomes cancer. So this suggests that the author is against a linear growth mindset. And then he recommends circular growth. So, the paradox that he is talking about is that currently we are stuck in linear growth, which is wasteful. And the only alternative to linear growth is stagnation which leads to death. So whether you accept linear growth or not, the end result is that you won't sustain. Hence, its a paradox. And circular growth is offered as a solution to that paradox.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Took it today.

VARC 64 (30A/23C) - My accuracy has gone for a toss these last few mocks. I am taking the mocks after lunch and dozing off while reading RC passages which isn't helping either. Really need to come back strong here as this is the only area which I can exploit for marks in actual CAT.

DILR 41 (16A/14C) - Well if I am going to waste 25 mins on sets I don't even attempt, I kinda deserve this score.

QA 45 (22A/16C) - Was expecting a 50+ score here. Probably made some silly mistakes, will have to analyse. Happy with some improvement though.

OA - 150 (98.28*) - Should have been more careful with DILR and awake during RC. Could have been an easy 170.

Until the next one!

*Calculated from All India Performance

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VA - 66

LRDI - 62

QA - 71

OA - 199

CAT2019 - 99.78|XAT2020 - 99.82| CAT2018 - 99.12|XAT2019 - 98.12
2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

We are set to start the journey for the Batch of 2020-22. Registrations are now open for admissions to MBA Full Time Programme, 2020-22. The last date for the same is 25th November 2019. This year, there are some changes made in the Admission structure. 

The updated reservation structure in MBA-Full Time Programme 2020–22 is as follows: 

• Total seats: 251 (Excluding Supernumerary seats)
➢ Unreserved: General - 101
➢ Reserved: SC - 37, ST - 19, OBC – 69, EWS - 25 

• Supernumerary seats: PWD - 12, CW - 12, FS - 12

Link for Registration: http://www.fmsadmissions.com
Official PagalGuy Group Link: https://bit.ly/2M8Wseb

Post 57740006131221
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Took it today VARC: 57 (32A, 22C) DILR: 56 (21A, 19C) QA: 42 (14A, 4W) OA: 155

MDI Gurgaon 2020-22 
1 like1 comment
parikshit.payal
@parikshit.payal  ·  0 karma

I am not able to attempt

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

anyone selling ims mocks ? i want to buy 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Ketang C2C ka VARC workshop/material h kya kisi ke paas ? Video lectures and all ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Shouldn't number of test takers now increase rather than decreasing ? ( My reasoning is that more people should be joining test series as we approach D-Day )

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
Sabre98
@Sabre98  ·  0 karma

No

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
RockJohnson
@RockJohnson  ·  25 karma

Not everyone were eligible to appear this test.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In the passage 2 Q7 how can answer D be correct as the decomposition of leaf litter was inversely proportional to radiation levels in the forest. More the radiation lesser will be the decomposition.

And I also know option C is also incorrect.

CAT18 : 86.27, IIFT18 : 91.08, XAT19 : 93.89 || Converts - XIMB, IMT-G || 
7 likes12 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 12
sbdhpandey3
@sbdhpandey3  ·  10 karma

I got it right because C can't be inferred from the passage however we in a way can infer D. As the next line says this could be the reason of less trees in the area.

sbdhpandey3
@sbdhpandey3  ·  10 karma

I left this ques in the first round and come back later analysed both the options and marked C

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...