[2019] AIMCAT 2005(18th October-21st October)

38 Posts  ·  847 Users
About this group

This thread is to post scores and percentiles and discuss test-taking strategies, doubts, and queries for AIMCAT 2005 [2019].   

Page 1 of 4

Hey everyone, this is regarding a question of AIMCAT 2005 DILR section. The set concerned with the number of persons joining the gym says 9 to be the cumulative number of persons joining on Jan 1st but I tried solving it and 8 comes out to be the posssible cumulative number. Can anyone explain why it is 9?

1 like3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Awesomiss
@Awesomiss  ·  1 karma

@tenfeettall Yes but 9 doesn't fit into the picture. 2+!+!+!+!+!+! comes out to be 8 not 9. I think this is an error in this set itself.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
tenfeettall
@tenfeettall  ·  65 karma

The height of one of the persons on 01 Jan is unknown. I think you are missing that person.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys this is a question related to AIMCAT 2006, but since it's a deadzone there, I'm positing this here. DILR Truth Liar Alternator set me, it is said that Canary is a liar. But in the 2nd statement he says "Loki does not live on the 2nd floor" , so it must mean he's lying and Loki should be on the 2nd floor right. But Loki is a truth teller and he says he's on 4th floor which is a total contradiction. How does that work out guys?

Post 59043162344545
CAT19 - 99.45
2 comments
tenfeettall

Canary's 2nd statement is actually 2 statements connected with the logical connective "AND". Which means, for his sentence to be true, both parts of his sentence have to be True. So though, Loki doesn't live on the floor numbered 2 may be true, if the first statement "I live on the floor numbered 1" is false, then the whole statement is false.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
shirin_nizar
@shirin_nizar  ·  154 karma

@tenfeettall Ohh thanks! That very well should be the explanation. Although going by the rules of the language and the usage of words, it shouldn't have happened. DILR questions many a time holds subtle hints in the language used. But here going by that same logic of language, that shouldn't have held true. Anyway Thanks for clearing it up. Cheers! :-)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is que mei last ke 2  door ke liye eki baar check karna padega na bcoz ek ek try ke bad automatically correct arrangement mil jaayega....iske wajah se mera ans 31 aara hain but given solution mei 32 hai(due to last door cases)....Pleas someone help me why 32 is correct?

Post 58942459798796
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Gave it yesterday 52 26 54 132

1 comment
rahulmajumder
@rahulmajumder  ·  4 karma

Can you please share the link for this test ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC- 35 (14R/10W) Demotivatied af DILR-24 (8R/0W) QA-33 (11R/2W) OA-92 CAT-20 it is then.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC - 82 (28/32) - pretty satisfied with accuracy LRDI - 24 (8/10) - as is already obv, this was indeed very tough QA - 34 (12/17) - not sure what went wrong here - looked like a 50+ section for sure OA - 140 - gave it in the extended window, can someone help with the expected percentile?

1 comment
pridophile
@pridophile  ·  189 karma

okay thanks!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Extended Window:

VARC 59 (22 C, 9 IC) : No comments.

LRDI 24 (8 C, 0 IC) : No comments.

QA 41 (15 C, 4 IC) : No comments.

OA: 124 (45 C, 13 IC) : No comments.

Can't believe TIME actually bought into a CAT computational error and tweaked the format to this extent. But, it was for good. You never know. Maybe it is the actual plan. This QA was something else.

CAT 18- 96.48|| XAT 19- 96.97|| IIFT 18- 99.32|| SNAP 18- 99.77|| NMAT 18-221|| CAT 19- 98.67|| XAT 20- Moh Maaya|| IIFT 19- 94.59|| SNAP 19- 99.55|| NMAT 19-229
1 like3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
onepoorGEM
@onepoorGEM  ·  3,714 karma

@Fire510 Exactly. I think people were caught in the no mans' land between number of attempts (As there were 38 in total) and accuracy (Always a risk with with more attempts). But baat whi h. TIME apne saath khele toh chalegaa. Agar IIM waale khelne pe aa gaye toh.......

Fire510
@Fire510  ·  202 karma

Hopefully there wont be any surprise this time

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC 98 (33C, 34A) (99.99) LRDI 26 (9C, 13A) (95.56) QA 35 (14C, 25A) (90.55) An unexpected setback. Tried to ramp up speed for attempts, accuracy took a steep dive. Expected around 20C. Will need to ensure this doesn't happen again. Overall 159 AIR 10 99.9 QA, a little consistency please!

12 likes6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
SravanPotnuru
@SravanPotnuru  ·  24 karma

No improvement since then bhai _/|_

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
amar-rajput
@amar-rajput  ·  533 karma

@SravanPotnuru share some varc tips :)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC 73 (99.38) LRDI. 36 (99.53) QA. 43. (95.78) OA 152 (99.77) AIR 22 Hoping that all 3 sections turn up together on the D day

6 likes5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
Underdog13
@Underdog13  ·  113 karma

Heights , last one , market share

JoKii
@JoKii  ·  0 karma

@Underdog13 okay! thanku:)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC - (26/31) - 76 - Consistently doing well in this. One of these days I am going to reach my target score of 80.

DILR - (9/11) - 25 - Spent way too much time on sets I didn't even answer. DILR has always been inconsistent for me.

QA - (9/13) - 25 - This section is going to make or break CAT 2019 for me. Focusing all my energy into this and still not seeing any improvement.

OA - 126 (97.88)

Until the next one!

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
tenfeettall

Also, I go through every question after a mock again. In some cases, I was surprised  to find that given enough time I was able to solve a lot more questions than I did in the mock. Which leads me to believe that I do know how to arrive at the answer and so the problem lies in me not being able to think of an approach during the mock, or thinking of a very long approach that doesn't serve well in the 60 minute scenario.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
tenfeettall

Another thing that I am doing from the last couple of mocks is to make sure I always reach the 34th question. I can only do this by immediately discarding the questions for which an approach doesn't pop into my head right after looking at the question. I mark some of the questions for review where I think I can get to the answer by spending enough time. I wasn't doing this before. I would spend a big chunk of my time on the first 20 questions. So, this has helped me up my scores a bit.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...