[2019] AIMCAT 2003(1st November-4th November)

79 Posts  ·  817 Users
About this group

This thread is to post scores and percentiles and discuss test-taking strategies, doubts, and queries for AIMCAT 2003[2019].     

Page 1 of 8

Those who gave CAT last year, can you guys please help me out in the below queries: 1. In the on-screen calculator, was the √ under-root function available? 2. Was the calculator allowing the candidates to do long lines of calculation simultaneously? Like if I have to calculate (7 + 239 / 23 - 21 + 3) would I have be able to input these numbers and operators one after the other to get the entire calculation done? Thanks in advance.

"Human beings are strong because we have the ability to change ourselves." - The one punch man
2 comments
karthikmadkekar
@karthikmadkekar  ·  47 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
fTheWorld
@fTheWorld  ·  66 karma

Thanks a lot bro.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Ims pre-cat experience?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VA: 33(25A/14C)

LRDI:46(18A/16C)

QA:58 (23A/20C)

OA- 137.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

considering limited time

can anyone suggest me any 5-6 aimcat which is at par with cat level ( same pattern which is expected and not too easy and tough )

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

[Extended Window]

VARC - 36 

DILR - 53

QA - 65

OA - 154

What is worse than the score is the fact that I dont even know what went really wrong! VA was tough and pattern chamge did affect a bit, but really surprised to see some scores here!

CAT '18 : 99.46 | XAT '19 : 99.275 || CAT '17 : 99.38 || CAT '16 : 99.85
3 likes14 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 14
VarshithR7
@VarshithR7  ·  230 karma

@Fire510 I know bro. It's just unfair and it's boils my blood too.. but as you said nothing is our hands. Let's just do our best and see what options we have. still FMS and XL and great options too. Let's just fill ourselves with positivity in the last lap and overcome the odds :)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
Fire510
@Fire510  ·  187 karma

yes bro lets get a good score.Will try hard for FMS,XL and MDI

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Varc-98.89(63) Dilr-84.27 (41) Quants-98.94(69) OA-173(99.27) AIR-72 Could have scored about 10-15 marks more

3 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC: 41(85.71)

DILR:  59(99.06)

QA:     95(100)

OA:  195(99.86)

AIR - 14

CAT 2018: 99.37 || Converts - IIM I, MDI(HRM) || CAT 2019 - The Journey Begins
7 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Score for 90 percentile in this aimcat.. Gave it in extended window

1 comment
dungeon_master7
@dungeon_master7  ·  59 karma

@GACC8WP01 Around 125

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Varc 31 Dilr 50 Quants 36 Anyone suggest how to improve in quants and varc

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys I need some help. In QA, I'm able to apply ABC approach effectively and have been attempting 22-29 questions in mocks. But accuracy is taking a serious hit. There are plenty of mocks where I have committed almost 5 mistakes and that made my percentile go fom the highs to the pathethic lows. During analysis I have seen the following problems:

1) Majority are 'silly' mistakes. Though I don't like to call it as silly, it would be something like - Question asks in '000s, I type in 2 digits and forget to add 0s. Or in other case I have multiplied the answer by 2 or forgot to cancel out a number (calculation errors)

2) Missing out cases. Especially in PnC. I have the right approach, but miss out some case. 

3) Conceptual errors. These I have found to be very low (Around 2W in around 5 mocks)

My main problem is the 1st type. I tell myself to concentrate more during the QA paper. not to miss out on any details, read the question slowly and carefully etc. But errors are still present. Any suggestion would be helpful

1 comment
tenfeettall
@tenfeettall  ·  52 karma

I struggle a lot with the first type as well. Some recent mistakes include taking 7+5+6 as 16, Speed in 1 hour = 65 km/h, so speed in 10 minutes = 6.5 km/h, Divided LHS by 2, but forgot about RHS, Took x=1 for a solution, also changed alpha to 1 for no reason. So I know what you mean. Unfortunately, this is something I have been doing since school. And whenever I brought it up with teachers/peers/parents all they say is practice more, focus more. So that's all I have. There is nothing more that one can do in this. Maybe 1 additional tip that I can give you is be double careful when attempting TITA. And write down as much as you can on paper. It might rob you of 2-3 attempts but will ensure accuracy on the ones you are attempting atleast.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...