[2018] IMS SIMCAT 4 Proctored (6th July to 10th July)

42 Posts  ·  125 Users
About this group

This thread is to post score, percentile, doubts, queries, and discuss mock taking strategies for IMS SIMCAT 4 [2018].

Page 1 of 5

Fifth mock ever

SIMCAT 4

VARC 41(95 percentile)-Its Improving bit by bit

DILR 28(86 percentile) - Not even able to maintian 1 set per day resolution

QUANTS 35(85 percentile) - Didn't found it too easy as per other posts on thread acc to me difficult then SIMCAT 5

Overall 104 ( 92.74 percentile) - Not even able to study 30 min for cat in a day

need to step up my game

1 comment
amar-rajput
@amar-rajput  ·  415 karma

simcat 2018 thread bro 🙈 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, I have joined IMS test series. If there's someone who has bought the AIMCAT test series and wants to use mine just to refer to the questions, you can ping me. I would expect the same in return for your TIME test series. Would like to just refer to the questions. 

Cat 2018 aspirant
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which of the following is true about the policy of ‘high-occupancy vehicle restriction’ in Jakarta?

It reduced traffic congestion by making it expensive for users to get behind the wheel. 

It created further inconvenience to the people without reducing the time spent on road. 

It was in reality an evasion of ‘carpooling’ which the policy tried to encourage.

It failed because it was misconceived and the government had to withdraw it eventually. 

How can one conclude that HOV made it more expensive to get behind the wheel?

1 comment
ryan96
@ryan96  ·  921 karma

Because ims said so

Like  ·  Reply  ·  3 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Sheetal  has only three types of earrings – Gold, Diamond and Silver. All her  earrings except X are Diamond, all except Y are Gold and all except Z  are Silver.  If the ratio of X : Y : Z = 25 : 12 : 17, then what is the ratio of the number of Gold earrings to the number of Silver earrings?

What is wrong in inferring Y + Z = diamonds?

@live_life
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC -  34(13/21)   95.33

DILR  -  60 (20/20)   99.96

QA    -  54 (19/25)   96.86

OA    -  148 (52/66)  99.92

CAT17- 98.96 CAT18 - 99.27
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

DI/LR set 7:

V. The total number of players who participated in Shooting was exactly half the total number of players who participated in each of the other four sports.

n(shooting)= 1/2 of n(other 4 sports)

i.e. 12= 1/2 of 24

OR

n(shooting)= 1/2 of each sport other than shooting

e.g. if each sport, other than shooting is 2y, then shooting is y. 

I figure the 2nd intepretation is right? anyone who's done analysis can resolve this?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which of the following is true about the policy of ‘high-occupancy vehicle restriction’ in Jakarta?

a. It reduced traffic congestion by making it expensive for users to get behind the wheel. 

b. It created further inconvenience to the people without reducing the time spent on road. 

c. It was in reality an evasion of ‘carpooling’ which the policy tried to encourage. 

d. It failed because it was misconceived and the government had to withdraw it eventually. 

Why is option A correct? "Getting behind the wheels was expensive" can be inferred only by the claims made by the car drivers. Option A is on the same lines as B and C i.e. claims made by the detractors.

Basketball + Football = Life
2 comments
Juan_94
@Juan_94IIM Kashipur  ·  669 karma

C is farfetched though the carpooling thing is mentioned in the passage.Second part of B can't be inferred from the passage.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
dhipat1994
@dhipat1994  ·  18 karma

Same doubt. A is a generic statement made in the start of the passage. Its not mentioned specificaly wrt Jakarta! 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC- 24 Last time 97ile iss Baar cutoff clear nai ho Raha LrDi - 38 kya? Kyu galat set utha ta hai bawa? Pathetic QA- 74 saving grace, bas inconsistency dekh li teri, ab Saath de de end tak. Oa-130 :((( Rising and falling, running and crawling.

Can you imagine what i would do if i could do all i can?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC  48(30A,19C) (99.92)  (VA was easier in this one compared to RCs)

DILR   30(16 A,11C)(91.21) (Made a mess of an easy set last moment)

QA     37(20A,13C) (84.67)  ( Need to revise and buck up)

OA   115 (66A,43 C)  (97.07)

The Watch has Ended | IIM Kashipur,MBA 19-21 |
1 like2 comments
Juan_94

@jaskaran97 Thanks =D. damn that QA score😔😔 don't know what happened in possibly the easiest of QAs-marred the OA.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Juan_94

@OfficialIMS number of test takers in SIMCAT 4?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...