[2018] IMS SIMCAT 3 Self Proctored (22nd June to 25th June)

36 Posts  ·  114 Users
About this group

This thread is to post score, percentile, doubts, queries, and discuss mock taking strategies for IMS SIMCAT 3 [2018].

Page 1 of 4

VARC: 44: 99.28 DILR: 39: 98.22 QA: 51: 99.49 OA: 134: 99.92 Best Ever performance. Can anyone please comment on the LoD of the DILR section as compared to last years' CAT.

"Everything will be alright if you hold on, it's a struggle everyday, gotta roll on." - Tupac
2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Simcat 3

VARC - 25

DILR - 56

QA - 74

OA - 155

2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Missed SIMCAT 3.. Will try at home after few days...

WebMaggu - Mba social network  | CAT 17 - 98.95 (Calls from IIM-L, New IIMs | 2016 : Converts : XL-GMP, Call: IIM I EPGP | Interested in helping students to fetch gr8 scores.. 
1 comment
VibhutiMishra
@VibhutiMishra  ·  4 karma

okay

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Was this mock THAT difficult? 

I got 98.22 percentile at 39 marks in DI/LR and that's me being slow. I have never even touched 90 in a mock in DI/LR. This was shocking to be honest.

And my quant sucks so OA score was 79 but even at that I touched 90%ile! How's that possible? 

I gave the test 2 days ago, so obviously, after the window ended. But still. can somebody clarify on this?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can someone share SIMCAT's previous years mock papers (PDF version preferably )?

TIA

1 comment
Ninja113
@Ninja113  ·  34 karma

#

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This year Calcutta is going to conduct cat. Can we expect hard Quant as the reputation of Calcutta

2 comments
arshsahay100
@arshsahay100  ·  270 karma

no i dont think so...bcoz they want non-engineers..so they wont make quant tough 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
Sunilkkp
@Sunilkkp  ·  25 karma

But may be application based rather direct questions. Maybe wrong

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does any one have idea about how percentile for take homes are calculated?I just gave Simcat 101 of take homes.It showed 172 as cutoff score which is a bit hard to digest.

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
hit.kumr
@hit.kumr  ·  17 karma

How mich you got, I got 100

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
tl45
@tl45  ·  7 karma

@prateek jha absolutely correct. the overall cut off was too high. its high because students can attempt it again so they might be calculating by taking best scores of all attempts of all students.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Pretty bad mock

VARC 15 (34A, 9C) (49.77) Wasn't expecting at all. I think the pattern is very different from AIMCAT :/

DILR 50 (19A, 17C) (99.95) Saving grace in this case 🙌 

QA 32 (16A, 11C) (91.54) Need to improve a lot :/

OA 97 (96.78) 

1 like3 comments
Load more comments  ·  1 of 3
gstech
@gstech  ·  41 karma

@jaskaran97 hope so yar sahi jaye next baar. 😅👍

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Question 7 in VARC...

Which of the following best describes what the writer is attempting to do in this passage?

a. To caution mankind of the consequences of the large amounts of mercury in the Arctic that may become mobile sooner than expected in view of climate change owing to human activities. 

b. To bring to light the hitherto unknown existence of enormous amounts of mercury in the Arctic permafrost and the risk it poses to the environment. 

c. To explain the findings of a recent study related to the Arctic permafrost that has potentially massive implications for ecosystems and human health.

d. To point out that Northern Hemisphere’s huge cache of mercury has troubling implications for wildlife and human health. 

Still not convinced by the Solution provided...C hi better lag raha hai abhi bhi.

Can somebody help me with this...Why D and not C?

Basketball + Football = Life
2 comments
karan414
@karan414  ·  74 karma

@OfficialIMS but "explain the findings" will obviously include this finding. Also, the passage begins with a general introduction of what we already know and then throughout the passage, it moves on to explain the findings and implications of a "new research" and the words "new research" can be found throughout the passage.

@SamanthaSaint you too have the same thought process?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
karan414
@karan414  ·  74 karma

@OfficialIMS "It captures the purpose of the writer in brief. He points out that scientists have only recently realized the extent of mercury in the permafrost in the Northern Hemisphere. And that its potential release owing to natural thawing of the permafrost can become a global problem. And, like many other environmental issues this problem can also be aggravated by human made climate change. Hence, [4]."

"HAVE ONLY RECENTLY REALIZED THE EXTENT OF MERCURY" or "MERCURY CACHE BEING LARGER THAN EXPECTED" have been mentioned throughout the answers but this isn't specified in the passage, is it? Please clarify!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

And when I thought I tanked two mocks in a day, VARC : 40 (97.94) LRDI : 38 (97.87) Ek set aur aa jata pathetic speed QA. : 30 (89.53) Tu hi toh bharosa tha :(( OA : 98.38 Better than last year's 79%iles :) but a long long way to go...

Can you imagine what i would do if i could do all i can?
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...