[2018] IMS SIMCAT 10 Proctored (7th September to 11th September)

48 Posts  ·  136 Users
About this group

This group is to post scores and percentiles and discuss test taking strategies, doubts and queries for SIMCAT 10

Page 1 of 5

VARC__44

DILR__76

QA__diya nahi due to time constraints.

Can anyone please comment on the level of this DILR with respect to CAT 2017 DILR?

"Everything will be alright if you hold on, it's a struggle everyday, gotta roll on." - Tupac
5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
abckl_123
@abckl_123  ·  763 karma

@ItsAMarvel DILR in this one was easy, yes.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ItsAMarvel
@ItsAMarvel  ·  66 karma

@abckl_123 how much does 76 in this one translate to in CAT 2017 DILR according to you?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Approx rank at 135 marks?

Bas VARC, DILR, aur QA accha chla jaaye aur kucch nahi chahiye
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys, looking for IMS 2017 Mock cats with solutions preferably in pdf form, please ping me if you do, will help my preparation to a great extent.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

can someone please provide the last year simcats pdf link

cat12-55.05,cat13-93.28,cat14-85.81,;cat 15-98.71,nmat-98.56,snap-98.29//Canara bank po;chalo fir se cat cat khelte hain
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can someone, who has bought the e maximizer series this year, confirm, whether they are repeating the lectures from last year or are there newer sections and newer questions this year ??

I took the series last year. It helped to an extent, but due to time constraints, I could not complete all the lectures. But since I have some time now, I would really want to know, is the series the same or there are new things in it added from last year ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

My Experience with SIMCAT has been very bad.

I am a CA and a working professional and these mock series were my attempt to keep up with my preparation & benchmark myself with others. However, this seems to be in vain with SIMCATs.

In relation to SIMCAT 10, I would like to bring in light the distinction between  the concept of unpredictability and off-road,

1. The length of passages was in no where close to actual CAT pattern. You guys just copy pasted the entire passage from a source. Also, CAT is being accepted by many MBA colleges and they are a mix of medium-easy-difficult  questions. However, SIMCAT 10 VARC was trying to test on your reading speed and not on comprehension with such lengthy questions.

Further, the solutions to many VARC ques are vague without proper explanation.

2. DILR was good but repetition of a set eroded the very basic agenda of giving mocks.

3. Quant was also not of CAT pattern with weird explanation to climbing of steps question, 3D figure distance (with 63% attempted correct which makes me skeptical about whether majority of the test takers are engineers).

Overall this hasn't been a pleasant experience and it seems as if you guys are trying really hard to copy someone and might be hoisted by your own petard.  

7 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

And the GOD is back in the game again :D 

Post 6366285154222080
6 likes7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
qwertycop
@qwertycop  ·  78 karma

@shashankism Avidipto will keep scoring 100%ile unless he gets IIMA it seems

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
shashankism
@shashankism  ·  71 karma

Also Add another name jagesh Golwala...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This is IMS's explanation for answer to Q-30 vARC We can see that sentences 4 and 5 are related. Put together they tell us that the current revolution (in communication) is not about the speed – speed was available even in the mid-nineteenth century when instantaneous communication was possible through telegraph. Now it is possible to relate sentence 2 to this theme – that the crucial change is the enormous reduction in cost of transmission and storing of information. So, 5,4, and 3 in that order make a logical sequence. Sentence 1 is related to this theme because it hypotheses what the cost of a car would be today if the price of an automobile had declined as rapidly as the price of computing power. Can someone explain how they ended up with 2 as the odd one out after explicitly saying that there is a link. On the other hand, they never mention why 3 is related but somehow that is not the answer.

CAT'18: 99.94 | XAT'19: 99.94 | IIFT'18: 99.93 | TISSNET: 80 | Converts: A,L,K,S,New IIMs,XL,MDI,IIFT
2 comments
CATerrorist
@CATerrorist  ·  238 karma

the video solution states answer as 3 ... from sentence 6 onwards, replace 2 with 3. 3 is the right answer. Ex -  So, 5,4, and 2 in that order make a logical sequence.............

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
ZappAttack
@ZappAttackIIM Ahmedabad  ·  604 karma

@CATerrorist thanks!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC - 30.56 (8) All time lowest DILR - 99.98. (78) QA - 89.56. (42) no comments OA. - 96.97. (128) with two Worst performances in a single mock, surprised to see 97 percentile, that too in a simcat

CAT17- 98.96 CAT18 - 99.27
1 like5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
Bhimana
@Bhimana  ·  264 karma

I've solved Aimcats 16 series, cat previous papers from 1990 to 2008, kish academy's Logical reasoning book as well as arun sharma's.

Bhimana
@Bhimana  ·  264 karma

And this year I'm not practising yet, I'm taking mocks and sectionals for LRDI.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC Question-8 How is option 3 correct? Here's the quote from passage-"it is often found in heavy academic and bureaucratic prose. Inexperienced writers tend to overuse it." Now how can u say that Academic writers are inexperienced. Those are two separate points with no co-relation. The author is listing out reasons for passive not being popular. I feel that by saying 'Academic writers are inexperienced' you are making stuff up that the author hasn't said.

CAT'18: 99.94 | XAT'19: 99.94 | IIFT'18: 99.93 | TISSNET: 80 | Converts: A,L,K,S,New IIMs,XL,MDI,IIFT
3 likes3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
ZappAttack
@ZappAttackIIM Ahmedabad  ·  604 karma

@CATerrorist yes, and I think this gives us the wrong impression that we must make similar assumptions while reading a passage. That could be dangerous.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
absharma81
@absharma81SOIL  ·  8 karma

In the same passage why 4th is correct not 3rd

The primary purpose of the passage is to:

1)emphasize that even though passive voice is longer and allows the object to be omitted entirely, it is unduly targeted by armchair grammarians.

2)indicate that use of intransitive verb, not passive tense, is responsible for evasive headlines.

3)show that the meaning conveyed by a statement is more important than its grammatical structure.

4)point out that grammar must not be blamed for the shortcomings of headline writers.

And is primary purpose is equivalent to authot intention ?? generally

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...