[2018-2020] IIM-A FABM Call getters

87 Posts  ·  190 Users
About this group

Join this group and ask everyone you know to join this group who have a IIM A FABM call.

Page 1 of 9

When will the official group for 2019-21 be created?

2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

what is the required cat percentile to get a call in iim a and l for abm programs i am from agri engg background plz any one help me about the details...... 

thanks in advance...

ABM aspirant
1 comment
nathal.h.26
@nathal.h.26IIM Ahmedabad  ·  29 karma

Above 92%ile ia a safe score if you are targetting FABM or ABM. All The Best :)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys.. Can we expect any updates further or move further?

2 comments
dd99
@dd99  ·  9 karma

Its over now...nothing z left...prepare a new plan nd move on...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sandysan
@sandysan  ·  7 karma

Okay bro

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

WL 4 gen converted. Got the mail yesterday.

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Prachitripathy
@Prachitripathy  ·  4 karma

@ankush462-. I called to ask. They said all seats are full & no chance of waitlist.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
pranithprani
@pranithprani  ·  2 karma

Congratulations, r u withdrawing from MANAGE

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any updates?

3 likes5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
vkabdwal
@vkabdwal  ·  88 karma

@sandysan ur wl ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sandysan
@sandysan  ·  7 karma

@vaibhav kabdwal 14 OBC.. Urs

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

WL 3 Gen converted..got the mail today.

8 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 8
dd99
@dd99  ·  9 karma

@Japan25 Congrats, brother!!! Hope u ll let us know d exact status of movement on 22nd when u r in college.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
23vaishali
@23vaishali  ·  0 karma

Mine is WL 4 gen and I haven't received any mail. So I guess it's only WL 3 that converted

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Till what date can one apply for withdrawal??

1 comment
genialgautam
@genialgautam  ·  0 karma

Kal hi withdraw kar Liya hota bhai. Kisi ki waiting clear ho jaati aur wo Foundation course join kar leta 11 se. You just need to to inform the AO and do what IIMA asks

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys, Any News regarding Waitlist?

2 likes4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
dd99
@dd99  ·  9 karma

@sandysan Not before 22

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sandysan
@sandysan  ·  7 karma

@dd99 okay bro

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys any update on waitlist movement? Anyone called the AO?

1 comment
dd99
@dd99  ·  9 karma

NC-OBC moved to 5...For the first time she said,"no chance, we are full by now".

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

*FYI-Gen. Engineering Grads*

The placements of IIM-A [FABM] is into the niche industry of agriculture. And if you want to join it for the IIM-A tag or just for general management education? The later comes with a caveat; your classes since day 1 of your second year are focussed only on agricultural business management. Having said that, your educational aspirations are limited to agricultural sector alone. Now, if you are aspiring to get into one of the much coveted finance and the consultancy roles in one of the reputable firms of the world, you may find your dreams shattered as placements (summers included) for PGP-FABM are excluded from the regular PGP programme; IIM-L ABM at least gives u a chance to get a PPO into one of your dream companies by having a common summer placements season. The average package @ IIM-A [FABM]; although inflated is around 14-15 lpa. That said, you take a big hit on the ROI straight out of college, with the expense of your entire two years amounting to around 22-25 lacs INR. This can still be of less concern, but the biggest surprise will come after your probation period comes to an end. [An insider view: At the end of your probation period, you'll be asked to present a project, review if you may, in most of these agricultural firms, which will be way over your heads, coz guess what? It's a technical presentation, which will test your knowledge on the subject and moreover you can potentially get fired!!!. And unless you have done your undergraduate in anything related to agriculture; which you haven't, life isn't going to be all roses].

Disclaimer- I am not here to discourage anyone. Hope ya'll reach your dream destinations. But, consider this and join at your own risk

7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
dd99
@dd99  ·  9 karma

@CRBoora One should be in his senses to negate other's opinion. And if he has substantial arguments, he should present them courteously.......No doubt, the person is absolutely correct. Many of my seniors have been students of d same course. The only thing they are proud of is being part of IIM A brand.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
shubham543
@shubham543  ·  61 karma

@dd99 @saldiv @purushender I have had a talk with many seniors who have passed out of the FABM program. All the placements are mostly in the niche domain of food and agri but how is that in any way wrong. Since you require subject knowledge in this particular field that is the particular reason that IIM A gives preference to agri and allied field in the entire process. Consultancy and finance are not the strong suit of this course but still some firms these domains take part in the placement process and after gaining some experience you can easily switch your jobs. First year for both pgp and pgp-fabm are common which provides you a knowledge of all management fields. If your dream is to join firms like MBB in consultancy and JPMC and GS in finance then you should surely not join this course but food and agri sector has many reputed firms too like RB, Pepsi etc. At last there is surely an added advantage of the brand IIM-A. The course explicitly mentions Food and Agri management which means that you would be placed in the particular sector. Please dont get discouraged by such posts as everything mentioned in the post is not correct. For eg. the claim of placemrnts to be inflated but if anyone knows about the IPRS report, it is the most genuine way of mentioning the placement stats because it is audited and all the components of the salary are explicitly mentioned. IIM L on the other hand does not evrn publish the placements stats leave the auditing part. @Gilz007 please stop spreading rumours.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...