[2017] TIME AIMCAT 1816 (29th July to 30th July)

93 Posts  ·  348 Users
About this group

This thread is to discuss the AIMCAT 1816 of 2017. Sharing Test taking strategies, scores etc 

Page 1 of 10

Hello,

I have done electrical engineering(fresher) ..any suggestion for which college under SNAP should i opt for?

1 comment
piyush.lampard
@piyush.lampard  ·  855 karma

I think only SIBM Pune is worth going for and SCHMRD only if you are interested in HR

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello all 

help needed i found aimcat 1805 very diffcultwhat other aimcats are of this level? as I want to skip them at this moment so kindly help me take an account (menton past aimcats too as I am just going to start taking aimcats

thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

in question of the average runs scored by hanu;in the last question of the set why have we subtracted 960 when we have to minimise the total runs scored?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

aimcat 1817 mark percentile ratio?

2 comments
Utkarshuk
@Utkarshuk  ·  5 karma

dont we have a group for 1817? i am not able to find it

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
chandukachahcha
@chandukachahcha  ·  455 karma

@aim_your_dream the group name is with 1818. there are 2 groups you can check the one with date corresponding to 1817

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any tips regarding VA and RC? Failing miserably at this section

1 comment
mayur_arora
@mayur_aroraIIM Bangalore  ·  9,234 karma

@tanya.tnj I know this is quite a cliche and everyone will give the same advice..

But here it is : 

The best way to overcome fear is to face it

Practice as much as you can. Different souces/test series/materils.. from everywhere and anywhere... Just keep solving..

You know what they say.. keep walking.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

AIMCAT 1816

VARC--53--97.95

LRDI--50--99.93

QA--50--92.95

OA--153--99.54 

AIR--104

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys in 1816 di questions were axolex manufacturers a chemical called pts using raw materials of asb and kme. For manufacturing 1 kg 440 gms of asb and 270 gms of kme is required. 1.find the amount of asb available before the 1st batch was manufactured? Am getting ans as 8.8 but in solution they have added with .44. Why is that so

Post 4900870522142720
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC 60 DILR 25 QA 50 Total 135 

98.45 %ile

Could someone suggest ways to get better at DILR? 

Thank you

CAT '17 : 99.31 | IIFT '17 : 99.93 | NMAT '17 : 227 
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VA/RC 30 DI/LR 18 QA 53 Total 101 % ile 91.37 First 90+%ile...  😀

6 likes1 comment
mayur_arora
@mayur_aroraIIM Bangalore  ·  9,234 karma

@Satendu_CAT congratulations to the 90s Club sir..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

No matter what I do, My Aimcat percentiles remain in the range 95.5 to 98.5 (95.xx twice.. 96.xx twice,, 97.xx twice.. 98.5 twice). Also, my scores also remain in the range of 120-140. This stagnation is really worrying me. Also, my VARC (strong suit) percentiles in AIMCATs have dropped a bit. My DILR is the weakest.. percentiles remain between 89 to 94. Quant has been improving and i am yet to complete Time booklets of chapetrs like P&C, Quadratic Eqn, Series, Inequality-modulus How do i overcome this plateaue? Please suggest ways to improve.

Converts: IIM Ranchi, Raipur, Trichy, Udaipur, Kashipur, Sambalpur, Sirmaur, NMIMS Mumbai, SIBM Pune, SCMHRD Pune, IMT Ghaziabad, IMI Delhi, XIM Bhubaneshwar (BM), TISS Mumbai (HRM & LR)
1 like3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Anilyser
@Anilyser  ·  35 karma

@@

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ssp1714
@ssp1714  ·  800 karma

#

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment