[2017] TIME AIMCAT 1815 (13th August to 14th August)

94 Posts  ·  276 Users
About this group

This thread is to post scores and percentiles and discuss test-taking strategies, doubts, and queries for TIME AIMCAT 1815 [2017]. 

Page 1 of 10

Where can we view the questions of previously attempted aimcats like Aimcat 1815? Solutions are available but I also need to refer the questions to revise. Please guide.

1 like2 comments
mayur_arora
@mayur_aroraIIM Bangalore  ·  9,232 karma

@prigu select aimcats from your student home page, click on the last icon infront of the required aimcat.

You'll see percentiles and rank.. on the same page, there would be an option for solutions and analysis.

click on it. you'll have your solutions.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
prigu
@prigu  ·  388 karma

Thanks!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i missed this aimcat..can anybody share the link

cat 15-87 , cat16- 85 ,cat 17: 91
1 comment
deadpool_18
@deadpool_18IMT Ghaziabad  ·  293 karma

@iimambuj Missed AIMCATs will be available from Sept onwards

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

QA Q7 in 1815! 

did anyone solve?

CAT 2017 : 99.82, XAT: 99.4, Converts : IIM C/K/S/CAP,MDI,XLRI BM & HRM
12 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 12
ramsaybolton1
@ramsaybolton1TISS Mumbai  ·  304 karma

@karancool93 Use angle bisector on Tr. AXC to get FX (AF, FC, AC are known) Use angle bisector on Tr. FBC to get FY & YC (FC, BC, BF Known). FX-FY=XY

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
karancool93
@karancool93IIM Calcutta  ·  865 karma

@ramsaybolton1 got it!! thanks bro!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can any CL student pm me his email id. I want to enrol for the "Race to 99 percentile" workshop in New Delhi. Please it will be a huge help.Thanks in Advance! 

CAT'14: 76.51 II CAT'15: 95.05 II CAT'16: 96.79 II CAT'17: 99.87 Converts: IIM C/L/S, FMS, MDI, New IIMs
2 comments
ssp1714
@ssp1714  ·  800 karma

check inbox

DonaldoTrump
@DonaldoTrump  ·  6,301 karma

@ssp1714 Thanks mate :D

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

what can be considered as a good score in the TIME intermediate sectional tests for QA? What is the average score that you guys get?

CAT17:97.55 MBA-IB Delhi School of Economics
23 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 23
ssp1714
@ssp1714  ·  800 karma

@mayur_arora @dhruvlav43 Anytime bros

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
coolshiv4
@coolshiv4  ·  8 karma

han,percentile,dikha,raha,hai,last,yr,ni,tha

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

AIMCAT 1815 

The RC set 9-12:

- Identify all that applies and enter the corresponding number, enter the answer in the increasing order only. (Q11) 

What increasing order are they asking for? Their significance wrt to the passage or their occurance?!  Shouldn't Trade liberalization(6) stand above Economic policies (5) as the former poses crucial reasonthan the latter? 

1 comment
devesh10
@devesh10XLRI Jamshedpur  ·  1,598 karma

@ras160894 the increasing order of the index number corresponding to that statement, basically 123456 of you think all of them are true

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

AIMCAT 1815

VRC 33

DILR 33

QA 25

TOTAL SCORE 91

PLEASE HELP , I AM CONSISTENTLY SCORING IN THE RANGE OF 90-120, AND AVG PERCENTILE 85,WHAT DO I DO, WHAT S=DO YOU GUYS DO EXTRA? PLEASE HELP GUYS.

1 like2 comments
devesh10
@devesh10XLRI Jamshedpur  ·  1,598 karma

@NJ2726 practice more, review where you go wrong in the tests and improve the weaker areas.

mayur_arora
@mayur_aroraIIM Bangalore  ·  9,232 karma

@NJ2726 PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  10 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

1-Also, health care, education and other services are vestigial.

2-Currently, they live in camps or shared rooms in neighbouring countries. They cannot work here.

3-It is unlikely that the refugees who have fled the ghastly war in Syria will be able to return home anytime soon.

4-Nor are many likely to start a new life abroad.

5-“We are alive but not living,” says Yasser Jani, a 39-year-old chemistry teacher who, with his wife and children, has been in a camp in southern Turkey since June 2011.

6-They are fast approaching 1 million and their future is bleak.

The solution says 4 being a general statement should come first. I don't understand this. Shouldn't 4 be following 3?

9 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 9
vijay_kumar7252
@vijay_kumar7252  ·  1,126 karma

Haan natak kar rakha hai.. Mere mein toh kisi aur ka solution kahin aur daal rakha hai. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Dude_baccha
@Dude_baccha  ·  338 karma

Haan kaafi technical glitch ho rha, 30-31 same dikha rha, jabki 30 me wo Apple, wrist-watch wala hona chahye

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

First AIMCAT

VA: 52 

DI/LR : 41 

Quant : 59

OA : 152 , 99.46%ile Rank: 139 

CAT-99.95 , XAT-99.995, Converts - A,C,L,XL(BM),K,S Rejects- B 
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any tips to improve verbal ability ? I'm doing good in reading comprehension.

1 comment
ramsaybolton1
@ramsaybolton1TISS Mumbai  ·  304 karma

@Kratz The following tends to work for me: Attempt the 'identify the odd sentence out' questions before the para jumles.. greater probability of getting the former correct and they also consume less time. Do the 'capture the essence of the paragraph' next, again, due to above mentioned reasons. As for practice, the TIME SM verbal booklet is a good source. Try to identify the begining sentence (look for the sentence introducing the idea).. identify mandatory pairs of sentences.. If there is a chronological order of events in the para, concentrate on the order of events.. laslty, practice, a lot..  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...