The GD-PI process is finally over, hope you gave it your best. The result declaration date is yet to be officially announced by the AO, but we are expecting it around early May. Keep an eye on the portal for further updates.
Meanwhile if you have any suggestions regarding the process you can email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to your mentors (read point 5 below), the feedback will be kept strictly anonymous and will not affect the outcome. Next year some of you will join us and will want to take up the baton of Team Impact. The feedback will enable us to improve the process further and help the subsequent batches.
Below are some pointers to queries:
1. Some of you have contacted us regarding the stringent verification process, we do it in order to help you. Many candidates have made mistakes in their forms while submitting it. The verification process is to ensure that all data coming to us are correct so later on no candidate is rejected due to a small error in the form (this happens with many bschools). We will also update your records in our system (those who had corrections in their forms) to make sure these mistakes do not affect your final scores. Our goal is to eliminate mistakes at the earliest stage to ensure a smooth admission process.
2. Some of you have also felt some discomfort related to accommodation. The accommodation is primarily aimed at candidates who can't shell out the high charges required to spend a night in hotel near the Powai region. Hence, we had a to compromise on a few aspects.
3. The white copy of the application form was returned by some panels while others kept it. It has no bearing on the final shortlist. Your records are saved in our databases, the white form is for your reference only.
4. Those who have submitted undertakings must get their documents ready, in case you get selected. The course will commence on early June and you have two months to get the documents which you must submit during the admissions process against your undertaking.
5. The mentorship program does not stop now, it will continue till the admission process gets over. For any queries, you can reach out to your allocated mentor. Please keep in mind that out summer internships are starting now and will continue till June first week. We will be busy with work throughout the day, so there might be some delay in getting a response. Please contact your mentors through WhatsApp and decide a time when you can send your queries. We will try to respond as soon as we get some time.
6. Regarding your chances, its impossible to predict now, even the PI panellists cant predict that for certain. Your scores have been submitted to our databases, later it will be compiled and final merit list will be generated, many factors affect your final score and rank which are never disclosed by the institute. While you might think that you have underperformed in your GD-PI it might be the other way around, so dont lose your sleep over it, wait for the results.
7. For now, just relax, focus on upcoming interviews or just enjoy the next two months till academic rigour starts again. You wont have much free time during the next two years, there will be regular classes, exams, case studies, competitions, events, summer internship process, almost everything will take place simultaneously and before you know it the first year will be over. So, this your last chance to chill out and enjoy some free time. Party hard, go for trips, do a trekking or two and retrospect your bucket list.
Hope to see you at the campus this coming June. Good luck and Godspeed