2017-2019 NATIONAL INSURANCE ACADEMY Official Admission Query

185 Posts  ·  235 Users
About this group

Admission queries for the batch 2017-19

Page 1 of 19

Hello Aspirants, 

A new official admission query thread for National Insuarance Academy for the year 2018 - 20 has been created. Requesting all the aspirants to follow the new thread and post their queries there

Link to the new thread: https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2018-20-national-insurance-academy-official-admission-query-5467505219862528

Posting and commenting on this thread will be closed

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Nicl assistant notification ?

How is NIA if I have 2 years experience in Claims domain ? Is any jobs offered to students here in Claims department?

2 comments
missionCAT13
@missionCAT13  ·  8,200 karma

Yes Yes. I am attached with the claims department of Pvt insurer. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
vaibhavgautam
@vaibhavgautam  ·  0 karma

@missionCAT13 which insurer?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  

What is the Cat cut off for general  and sc category in NIA? 

1 comment
meghna1995
@meghna1995NIA Pune  ·  72 karma

@Anushka3695 for general - 65%ile and for sc/st/da - 55%ile . This was for 2017-19.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  

hi 

1) can i know the cutoff for cat to get into nia??

2) my 10th marks r 8.2 CGPA. 12th- 86%, b.tech 78% n what if i dont score well in cat lets say 60% what would be my chances to get into NIA 

PLEASE DO REPLY

38 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 38
Yashtiwari
@YashtiwariNIA Pune  ·  90 karma

@dagarahul nd when m saying my frnds r placed wit that comp. Then too.. u r doing a stupid debate....

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ramesh_jain_
@ramesh_jain_  ·  0 karma

@Yashtiwari what is the total batch strength of current PGDM program i.e 2017-2019

Like  ·  Reply  ·  

it is not at all worth spending 11lakhs for such an institute as they provide only sector specific PGDM. Also they don't have good professors as most of them are on contingency from LIC and they keep on changing them. you have better options like kirloskar, Weschool or MS Ramaiah for better future growth and  ROI.  PSU's had stop coming for recruitment as there will be no boom in insurance sector for coming years. placement's major part is from incentives not basic salary its more kind of marketing only in insurance sector.

I

1 like3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Shrey1997
@Shrey1997  ·  5 karma

placements inflated h unko dekh ke admission mat lena ..meri ek senior se baat hui thi he said that basic salary in hand bohot kam milti h baaki sab incentives mein jata h and last year min. package 4 ka gya tha ..so please ek baar kisi samjhdaar se puch lena college ke baare mein 11 lakh choti rakam nhi h .

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
Shrey1997
@Shrey1997  ·  5 karma

11 lakh bohot mushkil se kamaye jate h so before submitting the fees please re think and kisi neutral bande se puchna ..parents ki khatir i dont want ki koi student sirf placement aur booming sector ke rumor ke basis par apni puri zindagi insurance mein nikalde

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  

I have decided to join We Mumbai and not NIA. 

I asked one of the top faculty members of TIME about NIA and he told me that it is not at all worth spending 11.5 lakhs for such an institute as they provide only sector specific PGDM. Overall they told me to go for general management courses. Also they don't have good professors as most of them are on contingency from LIC and they keep on changing them. I have 95%ile cmat and 2yrs of exp so they told me above 90%ile and you already have better options like Weschool and SIESCOM for better future growth and  ROI. They even told me that PSU's had stop coming for recruitment as there will be no boom in insurance sector for coming years. When i told them about avg placements they said major part is from incentives not basic salary its more kind of marketing only in insurance sector. 

He also said to me that, one way of finding how good an institute is by checking the demand it has. And i felt it does make sense. In Weschool, there were like 17000 applications while in NIA it was only 300. And also from that 300 only around 210 came for the GDPI. And out of this 210, they have selected more than 110 and kept almost 10 in waitlist. So more than half of the students who took part in GDPI were selected in NIA, which i don't find as a good selection process. While in Weschool it's like 1:34.

best of luck guys.

4 likes13 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 13
Aravind_kris
@Aravind_kris  ·  18 karma

before doing mba the first thing to look is long term impact it has. a general mba enables someone to be a free soul with lot of flexibility in career. mba is actually done by someone to be flexible in career and that flexibility u won't get in nia.   

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
Aravind_kris

also what u have pointed about special isation is also completely wrong, mba in finance, marketing, hr etc. makes one open for such roles in all sector. a finance person can work in the financial profile in any sector. but that is not the case with insurance, if u do your mba in insurance ur whole career gets confined to insurance sector alone. and i don't want to be like that.  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  3 likes  ·  

converted welingkar. which one is better among welingkar and nia???

9 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 9
devsharma1494
@devsharma1494  ·  1 karma

I have converted ebizz Bangalore but i am in confusion is it better than nia or not?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Aravind_kris

@devsharma1494 i heard ebizz is the flagship course of we bangalore and more reputed than core there. in my opinion u should go for we bangalore.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  

also does doing mba from nia limits career opportunities only in insurance field ???

if that is the case then spending more than 11 lakhs for nia will be a bad investment na ???

1 comment
Yashtiwari
@YashtiwariNIA Pune  ·  90 karma

@Aravind_kris yeah... u will get job in InSurance domain only. ....

Like  ·  Reply  ·  

what are the types of  jobs offered to the students after pgdm @nia ??? do they  mostly offer front line sales jobs??? 

1 comment
dagarahul
@dagarahul  ·  243 karma

To say u will be getting a pure sales job after doing PGDM from NIA would be a wrong thing to say. The post provided for the most of the jobs is that of a management trainee and then as an Assistant manager. So u will be having a good post, but the thing is even if u are a assistant manger or a manager or anyone in Insurance field all will be given target to sell (x) no. of policies depending upon ur job position. All posts of insurance including the higher level posts are entitled to get targets in selling insurance policies. Higher the job position higher will be ur targets of policy selling. So bcoz of this targets ur job will seem more like a sales job in which u have to canvas people and sell the insurance policies. Ur growth will be dependent on the targets u finish and hence it becomes a sales job in practice.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  3 likes  ·