[2016] TIME AIMCAT 1703 (12th November to 13th November)

75 Posts  ·  170 Users
About this group

This thread is to discuss scores, percentile etc, related to AIMCAT 1703 of 2016.

Page 1 of 8
parth_
@parth_  ·  157 karma

can someone give me link to the solution of this aimcat ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

** DI Set-1 on ages of population** 

Am i the only one who thinks ki "these guys wanted us to analyze the census?" 🤔 

How is it even possible to think so much over 1 seemingly easy looking table? 😅  Poora solution bhi nhi padha, halfway mein hi laga good decision to leave!

On a serious note, if such a set comes in CAT, ideally how much time would  it require to solve it?

Converts(16): SIBMP, SCMHRD, NMIMS, IIFTD, MDI PGPM, IIM Shillong, IIM Ranchi, IIM Rohtak, IIM Raipur, IIM Kashipur, IIM Udaipur, IIM Nagpur, IIM Sirmaur, IIM Bodhgaya, IIM Jammu, Amritsar
1 like11 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 11
akash12191
@akash12191IIM Lucknow  ·  2,992 karma

Oh.. tension na lo..sab sahi hoga

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sawan1994
@sawan1994IIM Calcutta  ·  1,060 karma

@jmayer10 when i saw their solution unhone bahut complex kiya hai. tumhe itne chote tables nahi bnane padenge bs vo 1 jo table di hui hai us se 3 part solve ho jaenge. 4th part karne ke liye detailed table chahiye. us set mein 6 minute 3 questions ke liye aur extra 6 7 minute last question ke liye.pura solve kyun karna 3 kar lo bahut hai

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Number of test takers increased to 10k suddenly.

2 comments
rising_kid
@rising_kid  ·  20 karma

Yes. Weird.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sshekhar7
@sshekhar7IIM Bangalore  ·  467 karma

Tends to be higher in take homes.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey, I am unable to see the Time Spent /Accuracy Analysis for 1703, it does not have the time spent columns and the % attempts are blank....is it for everybody or is it only me.

Thanks

Official Badass...
2 comments
shraddhashah8
@shraddhashah8  ·  3 karma

@nano9 yea me too

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
nano9
@nano9NITIE Mumbai  ·  112 karma

I still dont see them......

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

"NO TWO PERSONS WHO ATTENDED THE INTERVIEW IN CONSECUTIVE SLOTS RECEIVED CONSECUTIVE RANKS" Koi aur bhi tha mere alaawa who missed this line

Underdog. CAT 15-95.08 XAT 16-99.135 CAT 16-99.95 IIFT 16- 99.92 NMAT-218. XAT 17 - 87.xx , CAT 18 -99.64
2 likes3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
pratiksahoo33
@pratiksahoo33IIM Lucknow  ·  1,949 karma

yehi line pe yeh set pura dependent tha warna bahut cases ban rhe the

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sawan1994
@sawan1994IIM Calcutta  ·  1,060 karma

@pratiksahoo33 bs yahi line hi to gadbad karwa gyi bhai dhyan rakhenge aaj ke baad

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Isnt the solution to Q3 of VA section of AIMCAT 1703 Option B and NOT option D according to the explanation provided?

Or if anyone could explain me the solution that would be awesome! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.Which of the following summarizes the main finding of the passage?

a)By monitoring blood flow to different parts of the brain, researchers were able to see the complex ways that people experience words in music. The semantic system is organized into intricate patterns that seem to be consistent across individuals.

b)By monitoring blood flow to different parts of the brain, researchers were able to determine what regions of the cortex are active during language processing, and to identify smaller regions that specifically respond to a set of related words, such as words representing numeric concepts, or emotional concepts.

c)Researchers were able to determine how a subject thinks when words like “dog” or “mother” are narrated. 

d)By tracking the blood flow in people’s brains as they listened to a story, scientists have mapped out where the meanings associated with basic words are encoded in the cortex, creating the first semantic atlas of the brain. The human brain is a living word cloud, turning spoken language into intricate neural patterns of meaning that we all appear to share.  

I think therefore I am
6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
somya.agarwal22
@somya.agarwal22  ·  29 karma

Sometimes don't understand, when we mark answer and if by any chance it contain the word that is not mentioned in the passage, then the answer get wrong but this time D option contain last line that cant be deciphered from the passage but it is right how?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
rising_kid
@rising_kid  ·  20 karma

I marked B too. :(

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Va Rc-74.77 Di lr-97.66 Qa-84.26 OA-92.89 AIR-519 BC

Underdog. CAT 15-95.08 XAT 16-99.135 CAT 16-99.95 IIFT 16- 99.92 NMAT-218. XAT 17 - 87.xx , CAT 18 -99.64
1 like7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
ishu1991
@ishu1991  ·  674 karma

Bhai chill maro Ye bas hava ka jhoka tha jo chala gya

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
jmayer10
@jmayer10MDI Gurgaon  ·  1,616 karma

jo aane wala hain uska kya? @ishu1991 😟 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

When will be admit card for IIFT be available online ? 

CAT 98.06IIFT 98.24 XAT 99.859
3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
abhinavkrishnan
@abhinavkrishnan  ·  484 karma

# not dre right now

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
rocking.vedant
@rocking.vedant  ·  69 karma

Out

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

To all guys who gave AIMCAT 1703 ,

Try giving CL Mocks u'll feel Blessed

Cheers! 

#Couldn't score a century

Season 2016(1st Attempt at CAT)(GEM) : CAT 99.76 | XAT 93.52 | NMAT 216 | IIFT 98.6 | SNAP 99.93 | CMAT 99.87 | TISS 85 | MICAT 80.84 ||
1 like1 comment
Apjoshua64
@Apjoshua64IIFT  ·  3,958 karma

@vats1609 Which CL mock?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

AIMCAT 1703

VARC- 98.41

DILR - 99.26

QA-98.53