[2016] IMS SIMCAT 7 Proctored (26th August to 29th August)

57 Posts  ·  154 Users
About this group

This thread is to discuss the IMS SIMCAT 7 of 2016. Sharing Test taking strategies, scores etc

Page 1 of 6

Drona 2016 is IIM Indore’s unique mentorship program designed for candidates to get a sneak-peak into the lives of management students and to develop an understanding about this career option. It consists of interactions with IIM I professors and renowned industrialists during the program, coupled with challenging activities designed to test skills like leadership, team building, strategising etc. It also provides an insight into the 2 year course and career avenues thereafter.For more details visit - facebook.com/drona.iris 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

SimCAT 7 (Outside the mock window)

VARC 68

DILR 44

QA 61

OA 173 

Meld with the strength of the Dragon.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Gave this one outside test window. Best one of the season. Crossed 200 for the first time this year. 

SIMCAT 7

VARC 80 (99.92%)

DILR 69 (99.98%)

QA 53 (95.03%)

OA 202 (99.95%) 🙌 😄 

CAT 2014 95.62 | CAT 2015 98.38 | CAT 2016 : Game on!
3 likes5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
arpanmaity
@arpanmaity  ·  52 karma

wah sir. Tips please :)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
maxpayne7771
@maxpayne7771  ·  78 karma

Analyzing mocks for mistakes in paper strategy and previous year CAT papers for area specific prep would be a good start.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Honest reviews about Simcats please?

CAT'17 - 98.76| XAT'18 - 99.1| Calls - MDI,XLRI -BM, SPJIMR, K, CAP| Converts - MDI, Raipur, Kashipur| Waitlisted - K, Trichy, Rohtak
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Q1. of DI in simcat 7 

Nayar Pistons Pvt. Ltd manufactures pistons required for automobiles. The company has received a large order from a leading automobile company abroad. The company has only 6 days to manufacture the required number of pistons. The company employs 4 workers on the 1st day and 5 workers on the 6th day on this order. The number of workers working on this order starting 2nd day is either one more than or one less than the number of workers working on this order the previous day. All the workers work for 8 hours per day and manufacture equal number of pistons every hour. The company pays a uniform wage of Rs. 100 per hour to each worker. .....

Where is it hinted that total 6 workers were there..i assumed 5 due to last day fig..please help

CAT'16 : 99.28 || Calls : C, K, I, S, new IIMs, SJMSOM(IIT Bombay), IIT Delhi  converts : Indore,Raipur, Rohtak, Udaipur,Kashipur, Shillong, SJMSOM
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Q.17 --> I still dont get why 2! is divided for the two teams combined. According to me there will be 6 combinations for both the teams. Any explanations would be helpful!!

CAT'15 - 91.76 || CAT'16 - 94.59 || CAT'17 - 99.47, IIFT - Shortlisted
1 comment
aa13
@aa13  ·  6 karma

Because permutation among two teams each of size 2 does not matter.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

http://imgur.com/tsWGSEU Guys can someone plz explain how to solve this question. I am not able to get it even by the given solution.

CAT 2016 99.72 !!! VARC 99.4 thank you so much !!!
1 like4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
raub
@raub  ·  224 karma

Let speed of trains = v ,Speed of Basanti = b ,Relative speed of first train wrt Basanti = v-b ,Relative speed of second train wrt Basanti = v+b ,Distance travelled by first train in 8 minutes = distance travelled by second train in 6 minutes (by using relative speed) ,(v-b)*8 = (v+b)*6 ,V = 7b ,Let the time interval between two trains from pune is “x” , 7b*(8-x) = 8*b, X = 48/7 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
raub
@raub  ·  224 karma

Jyada confidence nahi hai mujhe is method pe, galat bhi ho sakta hai. 😄  Expert batayenge.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Last RC about greek music and Aristotle one, the 22nd question explanation is worong in my opinion. Can someone better explain it as in 2nd paragraph it is mentioned that Plato and Aristotle considered dance accompanying music to be exceedingly coarse and tasteless.

"There is no creature on Earth half so terrifying as a truly just man" "Victory is in Preparation" "All roads lead to Entropy"
2 comments
Apjoshua64
@Apjoshua64IIFT  ·  3,958 karma

In fact, Plato and Aristotle considered music in which the lyre and flute played alone and not as the accompaniment of dance or song to be ‘exceedingly coarse and tasteless’.  So they meant exactly the opposite :)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
maxwayne
@maxwayne  ·  75 karma

Got it! Thanks bro!!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

SIMCAT 7

VARC 99.87

DILR 98.97

QA 99.88

OA 99.97

AIR 5

Cat '16 - 100, Cat '17 - 100 | Two attempts | Repo - https://goo.gl/qna7zb
5 likes1 comment
arpanmaity
@arpanmaity  ·  52 karma

godlike.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

VARC-63

DILR-41

QA-37:(

My quant scores have never reached 40s...And I always feel confident about quant.I always lose 5-6 questions on silly mistakes. Can anybody help with a good test taking strategy please?

P.S- CAT First timer..

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...