[2016-2018] Official SCIT Aspirants Queries and Discussions

287 Posts  ·  315 Users
About this group

This thread is for all those who aspire to pursue their Masters in Business Management at the most prestigious IT-B School in India - Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune

SCIT, a constituent of Symbiosis International University (SIU) offers 2-year full time residential Master of Business Administration (MBA - ITBM) programme.

SCIT Registrations are now open.

Please click on the below link to register

https://siu.ishinfo.com/SCIT/Register/Index.aspx

Last day to register: 19th December 2015

Aspirants can post queries related to the institute on this forum.

Page 1 of 29

Hi Guys,            The below details were sent to me in mail. I have few doubts about it, if someone can answer:
Post graduate program in IT business management is a 1 year full time residential program. PGPITBM is focused on building management professional for the IT and related industry addressing the niche areas of IT businesses and applied technologies.
- Full Time One Year residential programme 

• Each student desirous of admission to PGPITBM at SCIT must apply for the same,by filling the online application form, the link for which is give here -http://www.scit.edu/pgpitbm.php
  • Minimum 18 months full time work experience is mandatory for an applicant to be considered for PGPITBM
  • The selection process will be based on Personal Interview + Group Exercise.
  • Short-listed Applicants based on the Profile will be called for the selection process at SCIT, Pune. Short-listed candidates are announced on SCIT websitewww.scit.edu as per the scheduled dates. Individual regret letters will not be sent to applicants who are not called for Personal Interviews. The entire process will be held at PUNE only

2015-16Current YearTotal Students1616Minimum Package5 LPA6 LPAMaximum Package8 LPA10 LPAAverage Package6.8 LPA8.5 LPA
Last date to apply is 3rd of April'2017.
To know more or to enquire please do contact on the following -
Contact No - 020-22934308/09E-mail - pgpitbm-admission@scit.edu

Doubts:I have 4.7 yrs of exp in IT and I am not sure how will it help me? If I stay in my organization then anyhow in later years I would be doing IT management.
Package is quite less. Do they even consider our current package while hiring?
Is it advisable to sit and wait in th organization itself for the same post in like 6-7 yrs, or pay 10 laca and get it now? 

Thanks
1 comment
Mr_Yog123
@Mr_Yog123  ·  3 karma

go for mba under Pune univ.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have work exp of around 6 months. But I dont have my work-exp certificate. I just have my joining letter and salary slips. Will this be fine or my work experience certificate is mandatory for admission? 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

SCIT applicants select your SNAP2016 Percentile 

<30
30-40
40-50
50-60
60-70
70-80
80-90
>90
70 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

What is the general SNAP percentile cutoff range for getting GEPIWAT call?

1 comment
pooja.siigh008
@pooja.siigh008  ·  33 karma

60+

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@swaminathan.s sir can you please tell me the difference between mba IT from scit and mba IT from sicsr?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am from computer science background but i am not good at programming! will scit also teach you programming and stuff or will it teach you something different?

1 comment
swaminathan.s
@swaminathan.sSCIT Pune  ·  36 karma

@Akshay_menon : It depends on subjects and electives which you are selecting in your college. If programming s part of curriculum, then you would be taught here basics of those programming. But we won't teach basic programming languages such as C, C++, Java to students. It is upto your own will to learn those programming languages. Our college won't stop anyone to learn those.

We have an official pagalguy thread for 2017-19 SCIT aspirants. Please find below the link for the same:

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2017-19-official-scit-aspirants-queries-and-discussions-45980844

Post your queries in the above link. Our admission team would resolve your queries. This page is for SCIT aspirants 2016-18 batch.

Thanks and Regards,

Swaminathan S

Senior Admission Team

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I  have below 40 %tile in cat but grad and 10 th 12 scores are good. Any chances in bimtech? 

1 comment
swaminathan.s

@Sja150 : We are unaware of the admission details about BIMTECH. Kindly contact the respective college admission teams for more details.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Aspirants,

Thank you showing Interest in our SCIT :) :) :)

We have an official page in pagalguy for 2017-19 SCIT aspirants to respond all your queries. Please find below the link for the same:

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2017-19-official-scit-aspirants-queries-and-discussions-45980844

Post your queries in the above link. We are happy to resolve all your quereis.

With Best Regards,

Swaminathan S

Senior Admission Team

MBA-ITBM, 2015-17

SCIT, Pune

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Expected cutoff for 

swaminathan.s

@7792816788 : Cut off for SCIT will be decided by SIU and It varies every year. Kindly check our college website www.scit.edu.

I am requesting you to post your queries in the official SCIT aspirants 2017-19 queries thread. Please find below the link for the same:

The thread which you posted was last year thread. Many members will not be active here. So you may get delay in response.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What i expected cutoff for 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...