[2016-18] Official IIM Calcutta Admission Queries

295 Posts  ·  1,083 Users
About this group

Hey folks, Greetings from the External Relations Cell of IIM Calcutta. Congratulations for getting the results of your months long hard work. For many of you this is the stepping stone that will lead you to the coveted B-schools of the country. For many others it is the time to introspect and plan ahead. This thread is to cater to the queries of the those shortlisted for the admission process at IIMC. Goodluck!

-ER Secretary

Page 1 of 30

I have 77%(State Board) in 10th, 61% in 12th(CBSE). 82% in B.Tech(non IIT, non NIT). 

2019 graduate working as data analyst since August 2019. Will low batch size in FMS help in getting summer internship shortlists? Shall I choose FMS above IIMs?

Since I have low acads, which b school will be best for my profile? I want to get into consulting or finance or Tech and settle abroad. I am very interested in finance and trading but I know I wont get shortlisted in finance or consulting roles due to low 10th 12th grades. 

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have been shortlisted for IIM Calcutta for the 2018-2020 PGP-PGDM. Where can I see the next steps for the same. I dont see any link for the documents to be uploaded as yet.

Help here would be greatly appreciated :)

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
kalyan.venkat
@kalyan.venkat  ·  11 karma

@tarunaydayal howmuch did u get in cat 17 ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello, My CAT 2017 percentile is 99.52. My 10th is 88 and 12th is 91. What are the chances for IIM Cal? Anyone know what the cutoff was last year?

1 comment
mayur_arora
@mayur_aroraIIM Bangalore  ·  9,225 karma

@bharath.starfire Cut off for last year was 99.61

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Gm jolly people, I have compiled a blog about my gmat prep expericnes and my admits in various colleges. . Feel free to go through and share. Hope it helps make you better future decisions. Good Luck !

https://mymbajourney2017.wordpress.com/ 

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

10th -91, 12th -56, BE - 58 , Category -pwd; at what percentile can I get IIM Cal (if its possible)? How much percentile for IIM BLAKI? Thanks.

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) completed the final placement process of the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) 2017 batch within three days with highest domestic salary package of Rs 70 Lakh per annum.“A total of 474 lucrative offers from domestic and international companies were made to students in the campus placement.  The highest domestic package was Rs 70 lakh per annum, whereas the highest international package amounted to 90,000 Euros (Rs 63 lakh approx) per annum,” the IIMC said in a statement. 

http://www.aftergraduation.co.in/iim-calcutta-pgdm-2017-placements-offers-top-domestic-salary-package-rs-70-lakh/

Graduanna
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

has anyonego their interview date as of yet... i.e after filling the form

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys !! please can some one tell me the word limit and time duration for WAT in IIM-C

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
lekha27
@lekha27  ·  1 karma

@mauryapreeti29 Duration : 25 minutes Word limit : 250 words

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sohamsp14
@sohamsp14  ·  9 karma

Look who it is !

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Class X: 91.2%, Class XII: 88.8%,Btech-83.5%,Male, Fresher(OBC)

CAT percentile for converting IIM C,L,K?

19 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 19
mayanksahu661
@mayanksahu661  ·  12 karma

@Rjvr1710 iift fms new iims

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Dolna
@Dolna  ·  28 karma

You have got excellent acads yaar. 95+ would be sureshort convert

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Dolna
@Dolna  ·  28 karma

Hello is there any IIM chance for me? 

Class X : 90%

XII : 88%

BA : 54%

Company Secretary Exam : 62%

Category : PWD, Non Engineering. 

Any chance at IIMs if I score 99.90 + in CAT? Please help me out!

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
dzoner18
@dzoner18  ·  0 karma

@Dolna BLICKS possible

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
divyansh.m
@divyansh.m  ·  14 karma

@Akash_Kumar_Sah Hi akash. My profile: 92/85/61 CA FINALIST (commerce), what should be the CAT percentile required for BLACKIS and Other top colleges?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...