[2015]SIMCAT PM 10 (1-6 October)Self Proctored Scores and Discussion!

69 Posts  ·  222 Users
About this group

The rules remain the same ,discuss only scores during the test window

Page 1 of 7

Just gave the SimCAT 10

VA 26C 7W  76 99.95%le

DILR 23C 5W 65 97.79%le

QA 18C 5W  49 94.38%le.

OA 190 99.82%le

CAT 15: 99.91%le
2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Huey
Huey @Huey  ·  2,628 karma

A proper mock after 3 months. It sure is tough when you don't stay in touch.

Scored 164. Rank kitni hogi?

Waiting for the day...
6 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

one unit of acid solution with a % concentration is mixed with two units of another acid solution with b% concentration to get a mixture with 40% concentration of acid. If it is known that a > b/2, then how many pairs of a and b exist such that both a and b are integers? In this question 'a' should not exceed 40% unlike the solution where it is given that 'a' should not exceed 100% as we have taken (40-a)% while using allegation. Someone please help with this doubt. Thanks a lot.

4 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

http://myims.imsindia.com/myims/images/pdf/SimCAT-10-2015-Experts-Take_FINAL_2.pdf

Cheaters galore _/\_

Ego itni bhi kya hogya ki inflate krne ke liye full on cheating. More power to all you cheaters. I'll be supremely happy when almost all of you crash and burn on the 29th. And you will. Idiots.

| CAT15: 99.92 | XAT16: 99.89 | IIM-A 2016-18 | Mock Repository http://goo.gl/vmYIiA |
36 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 36
scrabbler
@scrabbler  ·  35,500 karma

@malpanirudh You should be, unless you too have been seeing CAT on and off for a decade and a half. In that case it is unacceptable 😐 😂 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
malpanirudh
@malpanirudh  ·  109 karma

@scrabbler that would be a nightmare 😛

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Finally I got a 90+ %ile in a Proctored Mock. The happiness cannot be described.

QA- 44- 91.97

LRDI- 63- 97.07

VA- 38- 80.25

OA- 145- 94.85. 😁 :D 

Time to step on the gas... This was highly motivating...... 😁 :D 

2015 - 91.2 2016 - 95.32 2017 - Final Attempt...
6 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Approach for.. All nos 1-125 written in base 7 . Then total nos not containing 1 ?? 

JaiHind
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello everyone! As i can see this thread is totally dedicated to the toppers in the cat mock series and all of you are scoring incredibly!!! Hats off to that. 😁

And ill be grateful If you people can help me a bit with how to improve my scores in mocks.

Till now i have been scoring merely 70-75(you guys score this much in one section 😛 ) in the mocks and i am really starting to freak out because my scores wont improve.

Not a quant lover, Non engineering background. Second cat attempt but first was a total waste as i didnt prepare at all for the cat due to college.

I have covered almost all the topics from the coaching books but when i see the questions from the same topics in the mock series, i am unable to solve them.

Any help, strategy or suggestion would be highly appreciated.

CALLS-gim,glim pgdm(skipped),ifmr,imi(delhi),tapmi,kj,fore. CONVERTS-imi,gim, tapmi, kj,ifmr,fore.Joining-IMI DELHI.
1 like5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
yashika101
@yashika101  ·  0 karma

@swargr  thanks a lot and ill surely give some sectional on bullseye! :) 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
aman2791
@aman2791  ·  73 karma

I started this season of Mocks with the same score as yours but gradually i have improved and what really worked for me was reading the questions properly specially in Quant.Generally a long question or questions from topic which are not our strengths are skipped without even reading it.Trust me read all the questions.Easy questions are always hidden.Try applying it in your next mock.Should increase your marks by alteast 15-20 😁

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can someone please provide the link for simcat 11??

IIM Kozhikode, PGP Class of 2016-18
1 comment
Never_settle
@Never_settleIIM Ahmedabad  ·  1,559 karma

imsindia.cloudapp.net/Campaign/LandingPage/192_2SjBC 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In how many ways can 8 students sit around two circular tables located in two different rooms such that 4 students sit around each table?

| CAT15: 99.92 | XAT16: 99.89 | IIM-A 2016-18 | Mock Repository http://goo.gl/vmYIiA |
10 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 10
hksparadox
@hksparadox  ·  0 karma

Yes mine too. 😁

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Dark_Passenger
@Dark_PassengerIIM Ahmedabad  ·  6,319 karma

@jashanjindal Hehe nice 😁

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A table is in the shape of an isosceles triangle having three seats along each of the 3 sides of the triangle. In how many ways can 9 people sit across the table?

The solution says all seats are different but shouldn't the seats along the equal sides be considered same?

@nitish9693 any idea?

CAT '14 - 98.71
9 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 9
avile6065
@avile6065  ·  0 karma

@vijay_kumar7252 Thanks a lot bro(y) very helpful indeed.

@akash12191 Drawing logic from what you said and the article makes sense.. Facing lil difficulty in various scenarios but I think I can draw the insight from it. Thanks a lot !

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
akash12191
@akash12191IIM Lucknow  ·  2,992 karma

@avile6065 ya actually how a person sitting on a chair would view the others sitting around him is a better way to think of it rather than the number of chairs to his left/right..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...