[2015-2016] IIMB Public Policy and Management (PGPPM) Prospective Students

12 Posts  ·  36 Users
About this group

Hi Friends. We are the current batch of PGPPM at IIMB. Pls use this tread to raise any queries you might be having on the program. We would try our best to answer your queries. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2

Hi, could you please advise if the management part of the course is conducted with the MBA or PGPX students? if not then is the faculty for these courses same as for the other 2 programme. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IIMB (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore) and Goldman Sachs, a leading global investment bank selected 15 women entrepreneurs-in-the-making and their ideas for incubation over the next year as the final phase of its Women Startup Programme at the NS Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning (NSRCEL), IIMB.This is the India’s first customized online and classroom training programme designed to grow the next generation of female entrepreneurs. Finalist women’s ideas are selected to incubate (their ideas) at IIMB and receive a fellowship of 40,000 rupees per month to further develop their business ideas with the goal of starting a successful venture.  

http://www.aftergraduation.co.in/iimb-goldman-sachs-selects-15-ideas-women-startup-programme-nsrcel/

Graduanna
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have the interview for PGPPM..please guide for it...also kindly guide abt the case analysis which they have mentioned will happen with the interview process...plz help..kind of urgent..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello team , is there any new thread for 2017-18 prospective students ? i have many queries to ask. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

As a part of the Joy of Giving Week celebrations, Team Vikasana, the social initiative of IIM Bangalore is organizing "One Day @ IIMB ", a unique event wherein IIMB opens up its gates for the entire community.

All one needs to do is to bid for a seat at www.iimbvikasana.com to spend a day at IIMB. Top 80 bidders get a chance to experience the student life at IIMB which includes sessions by eminent professors, alumnus, case presentations, interactive sessions with IIMB students, cultural events and a campus tour, amongst several other planned activities! To top it all, the proceeds go to U&I - an NGO working for the betterment of marginalized women and Samiksha Foundation- a creative learning center for children with cancer. 

For more details visit the events and bidding page - www.iimbvikasana.com

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I want to apply for PGPPM with CAT score. What percentile do I need to get a call? Can anyone pls share about second stage?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, what would be the area of concentration of Interview panel ???

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
PGPPM
@PGPPM  ·  0 karma

same as above

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
PGPPM
@PGPPM  ·  0 karma

Also for interview you might be explored upon what makes you a good candidate for this program and what do you want to do after this program

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, I have got a call from IIMB_PGPPM for case analysis and PI at IIMB. Could someone please guide me on the subjects of case analysis or with some sample case analysis of previous years. 

2 comments
PGPPM
@PGPPM  ·  0 karma

@ad15  you can explore cases from EPW or HBR, and search on google on case analysis of cases related to Public Policy.. Subjects will be usually regarding Public Policy issues in India

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ad15
@ad15  ·  0 karma

thanks...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

when'll be the result of entrance test announced? Is the any reservation for OBC-Non Creamy Layer?

1 comment
PGPPM
@PGPPM  ·  0 karma

As indicated in the website, results will be announced on 18th March

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

what will be the batch strength for 2015-2016?

1 comment
PGPPM
@PGPPM  ·  0 karma

The expected batch strength will be of around 30 students with about 12-15 students from the private sector being taken up. This will all depend on the profiles and scores of the applicants for coming year's program. As in till now only 5-6 students from non govt sector have been taken up by the program, but the program plans to increase the number for coming year. For the same, they have also introduced a scholarship availability for deserving candidates. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...