[2015-2016] IIM Shillong One Year Executive Programme Discussion Thread (IIM Shillong PGPEx MBIC 15-16)

54 Posts  ·  62 Users
About this group

Thread for admission related queries.

Page 1 of 6

I wish to know a few things about the admission in the PGPEx program. I'm an Indian student and will be appearing for GMAT on 21st APRIL 2018 and have  work ex of almost 7 years in a reputed IT company. I haven't appeared in the CAT exam 2017.

1. Will I be considered for EAC only with the GMAT score as I haven't appeared in the CAT exam

2. At the time of submission of the application I wouldn't be having my AWA score of GMAT (rest all the scores will be there) as it takes almost 20 days to get the AWA score after the exam. Though I will have my verbal and Quant score.

Please do repond over my queries.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@iimspgpex do PPOs occur for 1yr executive programmes and internship in India does it mean that  is it paid interns where the recruiters absorbs the prospective candidtae after completion of MBA Pgpex?

The Goal
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@IIM Shillong Pgpex i would like to know avergae placements of 2014-15 batch

The Goal
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@iimspgpex  also is there 100% placements/PPO in batch 2014-15?

The Goal
3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
kshitijp61
@kshitijp61  ·  71 karma

thanks for the feedback can you please post avg placements of 2014-15 batch

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
iimspgpex
@iimspgpex  ·  48 karma

yes, we will post the data once it is available with us. The current batch will graduate in Dec. 2015

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@iimspgpex  can you kindly post average placements of 14-15 batch or PPOs if any?

The Goal
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Final shortlist of PGPEx2015-16 batch is declared.

Congratulations to all those who have made it to the final list.

PGPEx alumni will soon form a WhatsApp group for the candidates selected for the next batch (PGPEx15-16).

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

May I know what is the average GMAT cutoff for the one year program at IIM shillong last year.I plan to apply for the 2016-2017 academic session

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
soutrikgh
@soutrikgh  ·  0 karma

basically i am running a bit low on my first GMAT score(610 Q-40/V-34 &IR-5) I am also not from IT background .I hold a degree in electronics and instrumentation engineering with an advanced diploma in nuclear engineering from BARC training school, India ,Kalpakkam campus.I have 5 years of experience in operation, maintenance and commissioning of primary and secondary side instrumentation in both PHWR and LWR type nuclear reactors.I had also participated Department of Atomic Energy internal audit activities both with Indian and international auditors .I had experience of managing team of qualified supervisers and technicians in nuclear power plant systems management and operations.But I have no direct overseas experience.Also since I come from a government of India job set up ,I do not have any qualification certificates other than Atomic Energy departmental level qualifications,though my every day job spectrum involves all the essential modules that cover any significant qualifications namely six sigma et all.Will it be of any use to spend money and time in IIM S PGPEx application with such low GMAT score.....can any one give any insight to previous years records of admission .My 10 th and 12th and graduation marks are moderate with 75% average all throughout,having no backlogs.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
iimspgpex
@iimspgpex  ·  48 karma

@soutrikgh your profile looks good enough for IIMS PGPEx application.  There is no minimum cutoff of GMAT for PGPEx application, though you can rewrite GMAT exam and target a better score to give yourself an edge over other applicants. Your work experience is also ok,

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Interviews have started for PGPEx 2015-16 batch.

Interview Date:  26/June/2015 & 27/June/2015

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear PGPEx Applicants,

For your PGPEx related queries, you are advised to call the admissions office as the IIM Shillong mail server is in 'maintenance mode' today.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, Can any one tell me what is EAC.

Is it an interview or group discussion

1 comment
iimspgpex
@iimspgpex  ·  48 karma

Its an interview ... EAC (executive assessment center) 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...