Hi Can someone guide be about BBA IT in SICSR Pune,, Should i take admission as i have been selected in the 2nd merit list..How is the course , College,Placement ????
I want to know that I am 54 in waiting list for BCA in symboisis what are the chances of getting admission?
I got selected for SICSR PUNE for MBA in IT. Do I have to take it or not. I have few questions about the placements. Do everyone will get placed? What is average package? Do MBA in IT has good scope? Do MBA in IT has less salary than other specializations like operations? I am totally confused between IBS and SICSR. Please help me.
I 23rd in Waiting list for BCA from Symbiosos Pune. What are the chances of my selection?
Taking admission in sicsr will be your life's biggest mistake.
1. No/poor management ( In a management college).
2. Arrogant and loud Director.
3. No Placements ( Yes, the director will say "We dont offer placements" on the very first day. (Average 10 Students cancel admission on that. Smart students actually). Some companies do come but dont find quality students = No hire.
4. No Industry Interface . There has been 70% cut on external faculty. Internal faculty is no good in teaching and dont have any industry experience.
5. MSC batch 2015 is of 23 Students ( 67 Seats Vacant ).
6. MBA saw 13 students leaving( mostly people with experience)
7. News is that only 11 Students have taken admission for 2016-2018 Batch. Decline. (11/90 Seats).
8. Quality of students? There are people who cant even speak a word in english. Imagine That!. People scoring as low as 5 and 10 percentile in SNAP have made it. Some students have not even written snap, they were offered seats as they were vacant. Half of the people dont know why they are doing MBA in IT apart from that most of them are non-technical people who did not get a change anywhere else and took what was available in SIU.
9. I've head that they have made MBA 70% technical. Not sure why.
10. People in MBA say that they dont feel like doing MBA appears similar to MSC.
11. Internal faculties are arrogant and non-cooperative.
12. Overloading with assignments, exams and submission is normal. with no deadline extensions. People are suppose to submit 3 assignments, give 2 presentations and appear for 2 exams on the same day.
13. The Specialization offered in MSC is a hoax. Batch strength determines it. Most of the people who joined for particular specializations were left with nothing. People wanting System administration were forced to study development. Same with MBA. Faculty for SPM and DW have been known to be waste.
14. Morning 8 to Evening 8 time table with only 1 hour lunch break. Additionally The deputy directors dictate on marks allocation. If you dont sit till 8, He will decrease your marks. Also know to be a pervert and hitting on girls sometimes even physically touching.
15. Experienced candidates leave withing a week of joining the college. Even if you have 5 years of experience in database management as a DBA, you get 50/100 in DBMS subject as the faculty feels you know nothing( same with any other internal faculty).
16. Sentimental faculties. Some faculty are known to be sentimental and if you try to outsmart them, they will outsmart you with a backlog in exams and overload with work.
17. Favoring students. There are live and know instances where the college has forced some of its students from bachelors to join sicsr and also offered them incentives such as extra marks and even separate exams(after exam season). Biased faculty.
18. Face value marks. Even if you are a master of any topic and know each and every answer. The marks will only be allotted on basis of face value.
19. Internal evaluations are a menace. Take exam of 10 marks and reduce that to 1 marks, IF someone scores 5. Gets 0.5.
20. Flip Show. Faculties are know to flip instantly. Even on written emails. Will say something and then flip and say they never said that.
21. Forced attendance reductions. Forcing students to attend seminars, fests, anything and enforcing a criteria of not allocating 1 week attendance/suspension if failed to attend events.
22. No Value of work. certain faculties will make you do their personal work/professional work and dont even acknowledge for the same. Taking all the appreciation by themselves for the students work.
23. Banned hiring from mnc's. Many MNC's have stopped hiring from the college due to poor quality of students. Cognizant, accenture, xensar, syntel and many more have stopped hiring.
24. Sleeping Placement coordinator. The placement coordinator does no work and sleeps all day long.
25. CIO is a arguing personality. If you do the same he goes havoc. Favours international students( None in Masters, only bachelors).
26. Forcing students to go on International internship(namesake, just assistant work for some researcher) on self finance. Basically spend money to go somewhere, work for someone else as a assistant doing paperwork and excel sheets(Non-it basically) and come back and give exams for the same.
27. Threatening to deduct marks is very common.
28. Teaching non-sly-bus topics in certain courses ( Drupal(dead technology) instead of SAP in MBA). Statistical Maths for MSC.
29. Total Mis management and group ism between faculties. Internal fights( even seen faculties crying). Irrelevant HOD's having no experience in leading a programme.
30. Poor Infrastructure. Only a building. Over priced food in canteen.
31. Forceful backlogs to earn some money. Pay for parking everyday!!!! Damn that hurts.
32. No scope for students initiated activities. Even if started are killed by the faculty. Social activities are good but yet forced. Forced to do extra-curricular work even if not wanting to do.
33. College fests are a joke. No one attends. Even sicsr students dont attend their own fest ( remember forced attendance point).
34. Faculties sound more like government babus when you try to explain your problem. Crack stupid jokes in class.
35. Some dont take attendance and at the end you get to know that he/she never marked your attendance and you have a backlog. Example. Dy Director.
36. Goons operating out of college. The area nearby is know to be a snatchers hub. not safe after 9 PM.
37. Assignments and mails coming @ 2-3 AM in night to submit assignment in morning ( know about email scheduling?).
38. There is no one to goto with your problems. IF you try to reach the university or any higher authority. You get threatened. Thats all for now. I will add more points If there are any.
Any info abt the College. I am not able to find genuine information about the college..Please any senior share ur experience..??
please share asap..
I have waiting list number 18 general category for MBA IT are there any chances of getting selected??
First merit list is out what are my chances of getting selected in second round..my waiting No is 47