[2020-22] Official Praxis Business School Admissions Queries

142 Posts  ·  1,095 Users
About this group

The admissions for Praxis Business School, Kolkata have begun. Praxis offers 3 programs: * Post Graduate Program in Business Management – 2 year Full-Time residential program* Post Graduate Program in Business Analytics – 1 year Full.

Official Group for all Admission Related Queries for Praxis Business School Admission Queries 2020-22

Page 1 of 15

Application Form | Praxis campuses – Kolkata, Bangalore

Praxis Business School offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management and Post Graduate Program in Data Science.

The Post Graduate Diploma in Management is offered from Praxis campus in Kolkata.  The PGP in Data Science is offered from Praxis campuses in Kolkata and Bangalore.

Candidates may apply to either one or both the programs using the same application form.

Selected candidates for the PGP in Data Science would be given the choice of selecting the campus ( Kolkata/ Bangalore) after the offer has been made.

Prospectus & application for the Post Graduate Programs can be obtained for a non-refundable amount of Rs.1200/- (rupees one thousand two hundred only) in the following ways:

• Online Application: Remit the requisite amount through Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ Mobile Banking.

To apply online - https://praxis.nopaperforms.com/ 

Selection Process – PG Diploma in Management and Business Analytics

Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of their performance in aptitude test.

Praxis Business School conducts its own entrance examination – Praxis Admission Test for admission into 1 year PGP in Data Science. A candidate is allowed to appear for Praxis Admission Test or to submit any of the below scores:

• CAT 2019/2018/2017
  • XAT 2020/2019/2018
  • GMAT taken after November 2017
  • GRE taken after November 2017

Students applying for the 2 year PG Diploma in Management program can submit the following test scores :

• CAT 2019
  • XAT 2020
  • GMAT taken after November 2017
  • GRE taken after November 2017
  • CMAT 2020
  • MAT 2019/2020
  • ATMA 2020

The selection will further be based on the applicants profile that comprises:

• Academic Performance
  • Professional Qualifications
  • Extra Curricular Activities
  • Work Experience

The final admission would be awarded on the basis of the applicants test scores, profile and performance in Essay Writing,  and Personal Interviews.

In PGDM batch of 2019-2021, following were the percentage of students admitted through various national level entrance examinations:

• CAT 2018 : 48%
  • XAT 2019 : 09%
  • CMAT 2019 : 14%
  • MAT 2019 : 28%
  • ATMA 2019 : 02%

Interview Centers | PGP – Business Management | Business Analytics

a)East -Kolkata

Bhubaneshwar

Patna

Guwahati

Ranchi/Jamshedpur

b)West - Mumbai

Pune

c)North - New Delhi

Lucknow

Allahabad

d)South - Bangalore

Chennai

Hyderabad

Important Dates | PG Diploma in Management | PGP in Data Science

July 2020 intake for the 9 Month Full Time PG Program in Data Science and the 2 year PG Diploma in Management

• Interviews to be held between February 2020 and April 2020
  • Courses commence July 2020

January 2020 intake for the 9 Month Full Time PG Program in Data Science

• Interviews to be held between October 2019 and December 2019
  • Course commences January 2020

Interview dates for admissions into the July 2020 intake of PGDM

VENUEDATE-(KOLKATA December 2019 onwards) (CHENNAI February 2020) (MUMBAI February 2020) (PUNE February 2020) (BHUBANESWAR February 2020) (LUCKNOW February 2020) (DELHI February 2020) (RANCHI February 2020) (HYDERABAD February 2020)

Aspire to inspire before you expire
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does the college have hostel ?

1 comment
Anamitra007
@Anamitra007Praxis Kolkata  ·  13 karma

Yes, the college has proper hostel facilities alongwith a night canteen as well.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

PRAXIS BUSINESS SCHOOL

PG Diploma in Management 

AICTE approved PGDM 

Alumni Testimonials 

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” –Benjamin Franklin; this is exactly what I experienced at Praxis. The phenomenal faculty and the well designed curriculum helped me structure my thought process. I obtained valuable insights from industry veterans, and prepared myself for the corporate world with the learning derived from the classes, the informal interactions with the faculty team and from my peers in the corridors of our wonderful hostel. Grateful to My Alma Matter for what I am today!”

Sriram Santosh Bal
Associate Director at Standard Chartered Bank – Class of 2011

“Life at Praxis is very unique. Not only the students are given every assistance to explore their full potential, but with world class mentoring from great faculty they leave us ready to face the challenges of the outside world. I am highly privileged to have been able to be a part of Praxis and it was a perfect stepping stone for my success in my professional as well as personal life”

Prasanna Lakshmi Devaraj
Analyst, Retail Risk Analytics, HSBC Global Analytics – Class of 2015

For further details : https://praxis.ac.in/Programs/business-management/ 

Post 66335494420533
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Praxis or IISWBM ?

1 comment
Anamitra007

Praxis Business School offers a PGDM program of 2 years and this curriculum is updated with the current industry requirements. Also the faculty teaching here at Praxis Business School, are also visiting faculties at some of the too colleges in India like IIMC,GLIM,GIM,etc. You can also check out the website for Praxis and see the specializations offered. I hope this helps.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

WAT (Written Ability Test) is basically an essay-writing test in the selection process of Praxis Business School, along with PI.

Tips for WAT:

1. Keep a check on time

2. Adhere to the word limit

3. Give an introduction to the topic

4. Structure the essay in paragraphs to enhance readability

5. Make use of bullet points

6. Use short and simple sentences to express your thoughts clearly

7. Write correct grammar and spellings

8. State only that about which you are confident

9. Sum up your views with a short conclusion

10. No need of using jargons

Stay focused and calm. Don't let anxiety or stress get the better of you. Give it your best shot and success will follow you.

All the best to the MBA aspirants.

2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

As we are aware that GD, PI are an integral part of MBA admission process. These are basically personality assessment tests to assess a candidate's leadership skills, communication ability and problem-solving skills which are essential to succeed as a manager.

While participating in a GD, focus on the following:

1. Content.

2. Team approach.

3. Leadership skills.

4. Communication skills.

5. Analytical & logical reasoning.

While participating in a PI, focus on the following:

1. Be honest to yourself & interviewer

2. Be Polite

3. Drive the interview towards your strength

4. Stay Calm

5. Positive body language & approach

6. Be thorough with what you write in your CV

7. Reflect Confidence

Give your best to achieve what you desire for., All the best to the MBA aspirants.

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

"Take risks in your life if you win; you may lead 

if you loose; you may guide" -swami vivekananda

Entering into a new phase of alife is always challenging but there's nothing that can be acheived without hardwork . On behalf of Praxis Business School we wishyou a very happy national youth day.

Post 65586939183102
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I got 81 percentile in CAT. What are my chances of getting a call for Gd/pi ?

1 comment
Anamitra007

Based on CAT percentile you have fairly good chances of securing a call for GD-PI. Could you also share some details about your background? Because Praxis Business School gives a lot of importance to the profile of the candidate and not only their entrance scores.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

With the announcement of CAT 2019 results, the bell has been rung and the time has to come to focus on preparing for the next phase of the process,ie, the GD/WAT-PI. Regarding the PI or Personal Interview round, candidates are tested on their fluency in speaking and their way of aritculating themselves. Till date two most common questions make it or break it for any candidate. " Tell me something about yourself" and " Why MBA?" - every candidate should have a clear and well prepared answer for these two questions. The former question focuses more on your experience till now whereas the latter one quizzes you on the instigating reasons you want to pursue an MBA for. All the best for the future.

Aspire to inspire before you expire
3 likes1 comment
Ratan.jain231
@Ratan.jain231  ·  9 karma

Nice one

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How are the placements ? Is hostel facility available ?

1 comment
Anamitra007

The placements for the 2018-2020 is already underway with more than 60% students placed in organisations like Nielsen,LTFS,ICICI Bank,HDFC Bank,Embio,Colagte Palmolive,Axis Bank,TATA STEEL,RAWMAT,etc.The average CTC offered to the students in the business management program is around 6.8-7.2 LPA. Hostel facility is available. Do reach out if any more help is required.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...