2014 GMAT Prep and Strategies

623 Posts  ·  1,150 Users
About this group
Hii am a 2011 b.tech passed outus visa denied -gre 310 now trying for gmat most likely to take test in augustjust started preparation right now i am not going to any training institute preparing by my own just downl...
Page 1 of 63

GMAT official guide 2018, Official quantitative review 2018 and official verbal review 2018 - all for sale in PDF format at a very nominal price.  If interested, please inbox me 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

for Guys who are looking to try GRE in plce of GMAT; Be careful of online coachings like GREedge etc.

Please communicate !

1. Never ever go for GREedge; they are just into marketing and selling their products with minimal assistance once you are enrolled.2. First, they will try to get you enroll in some courses for GRE preparation post that they will say; now upgrade to E-Class which is just avg online classes, better tutorial Classes are available on You-Tube for free. (Why not they told about the same in the first go; why they want you to upgrade just to get extra bucks)3. They will force you to buy the courses/classes and tell you some discount coupon is available, later you will realize that these coupons are available throughout the year.4. Their large chunk of profit is coming for admission support; where they will play with your insecurities and intimidate you to buy their course so that you can apply for US universities.5. They would keep calling or keep following you over Whatsapp to the level to intimidate you to buy their products.6.They have fake Quora profile too by which they publicize their achievements.7. They are regularly conducting Webinars which are repetitive as well by which half of the time they are interested in getting data such as your name, Mobile no and email ids so that in future they can harass you by giving you call to make you buy their products.8.They are into online courses with minimal assistance but good in playing with students' emotion and will tell GRE is online and adaptive so GREedge is the only good choice.If you buy GREedge product:1.Most of the assistance through their SFSa are copy-pasted stuff, without any individual assistance.2.They will not update their feedback for weeks; you have to remind them, again and again, to get your feedbacks ready.3.They will not be available on call as well, they would try to delay.4.GRE, in general, asks for good vocabulary building, but their word-bot don't have any catch way to make you learn new words. (like mnemonics etc.)5. More than 50% of the exercise questions are repetitive so you are not getting new questions.Don't go with GREedge if you want good GRE Score and peace of mind. 

I have suffered a lot. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Princeton Anna Nagar is that a good place for GMAT coaching

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What is the maximum marks for GMAT, LATEST PATTERN? 

1 comment
sujitigit
@sujitigitIIM Lucknow  ·  30 karma

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Official representative of the GMAT exam. Learn more at http://www.mba.com
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi I am finding Quant Questions from OG quite easy. I got to know that quant question in OG are 650 level. Can any body suggest what is the level of Manhattan Quant question . I f the level is 700-750 than I will refer the Manhattan for Quant. Please guide

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Honeysingh2
@Honeysingh2  ·  0 karma

what is GMAT club?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
DivyankaS
@DivyankaS  ·  19 karma

@Honeysingh2 It's basically a website. The name is www.GMATClub.com

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

I gave my exam GMAT yesterday and was disheartened to see a score of 530 with Quant 44 and Verbal 22. After the debrief, I understood the reason for the low score might have been the lack of the analysis of the results after the exam and I was very slow and had to randomly mark the last few questions in both the sections. So, this time around I am planning to fine-tune my preparation by further strengthening the fundamentals and give around 5-6 mock tests before the next Gmat exam in real exam conditions(i.e with 8 min breaks and answering AWA and IR sections) and analysing the result after every mock test and measure the progress. I need some guidance in further fine tuning the preparation.

Are there any persons from Pune who can help me, I would love to have a guidance from you to get a better score.

2 comments
Neha66
@Neha66  ·  0 karma

Hi Vishal,

Sad to hear that you have got low score on your GMAT. Suggest you to take the online classes from the top and best GMAT Instructors. And also plan very well before you take real GMAT exam. Make sure you should give at least 5mocks and then compare yourself.

For more clarity you can PM.

Best,

Neha

www.genedmba.com

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
chantiravi
@chantiravi  ·  0 karma

where we can find best gmat instructors in online.... neha if you know good coaching in online let us know

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hiii..puys! I have started my preparation days back.. the problem is i cant carry the book to office, so if u have any PDFs please share!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

There is a pretty comprehensive post on GMAT here 

http://essaysapps.com/everything-about-gmat/

It provides all information you would need about GMAT, from explaining the format to free GMAT practice tests, recommended GMAT preparation books, and even GMAT success stories from some of the 700+ achievers. Enjoy!

EssaysApps.com - Making education decisions easier by sharing expert advice from those who've who've been there
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does anyone have the soft copy of the following books:

1. Kaplan Verbal Workbook

2. Kaplan Math Workbook

3. Princeton Math workbook

4.  Kaplan 800

5. Official Guide- Verbal Review

Please email it to me at a.samridhi@gmail.com in case someone has access to any of the above. Thanks 😃

7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
@80364  ·  0 karma

Did anybody got the books or the link to download them

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ilovegmat
@ilovegmat  ·  0 karma

If anyone has got it - can you please send it to chetan13386@yahoo.com as well ? 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...