[2014-16]SIMSR aka K.J. Somaiya - PGDM(Core/IB/FS/RM/Comm) - Case Analysis/PI call getters/discussion thread

454 Posts  ·  473 Users
About this group
Hello aspirants, Counseling process after the SIMSR Merit Ranks are announced will be held in Mumbai on 6,7 and 8 May 2014. Aspirants are requested to start making provision to come to Mumbai for the same and get their tickets booked accordi...
Page 1 of 46

Doe KJ takes into account the second CMAT score??

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
miumiu
@miumiu  ·  0 karma

my cmat percentile is 94 and cat 89 can i expect a call?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
aseth1985
@aseth1985  ·  0 karma

@miumiu as per last year cut-off u dnt have much chance....89%tile in CAT may get u a call 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi Puys, Congrats to all the candidates who have converted their call so far and all the best for those who are yet to attend the counselling. We are closing this thread as its difficult to follow up on so many threads leading to confusion and same queries on multiple threads.

For any update on the counselling session please follow the below mentioned thread.

Congratulations to all those who have converted and all the best who are waitlisted..👍👍

Anirudh Jindal, SIMSR Admissions Committee. Follow us on FB @ http://fb.me/simsradmission

This might be the silliest question you've ever come across. Here goes -

Is there a dress code of any sort for the counselling sessions? Do I need to wear formals, or could I show up in a T-shirt and a pair of jeans?

Alumnus - PGDM Class of '16 | Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai | Former Member - Branding and PR Committee | Now a corporate cretin
1 comment
anirudhjindal
@anirudhjindal  ·  0 karma
@ajaychandar No dress code. And yes you can wear the attire that you described. All the best.
Like  ·  Reply  ·  

Update after Session V:

No of students called till Session V - Upto Rank 650

Core 120 Out of 120 Filled

IB 60 Out of 60 Filled

FS 22 Out of 60 Filled

RM 2 Out of 60 Filled

COMM 5 Out of 60 Filled

Aman Dua, SIMSR Admissions Committee. More on B-School Preparation @ facebook.com/77postbox
10 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 10
tweety789
@tweety789  ·  0 karma

What was the last rank to convert ib?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
anirudhjindal
Like  ·  Reply  ·  

@anirudhjindal could u please give us live updates on this link

Hi Puys,

Congrats to all the candidates who have converted their call so far and all the best for those who are yet to attend the counselling. We will be closing this thread by EOD as its difficult to follow up on so many threads leading to confusion and same queries on multiple threads.

For any update on the counselling session please follow the below mentioned thread.

Congratulations to all the aspirants. mgmg

Anirudh Jindal, SIMSR Admissions Committee. Follow us on FB @ http://fb.me/simsradmission
@anirudhjindal : Sir will there be any confirmation mail regarding the course we are finally admitted to... I asked someone else on my part to attend the counseling... just need to cross check in which course I am admitted to... Pls reply asap! and also can u share some info about the hostel facility... is there any single occupancy rooms available?
1 comment
anirudhjindal
@yjain Ask the person to confirm whether you admitted to the course or not. You won't be getting any confirmation mail as such. There's no single occupancy room available. There's triple sharing roomm. What was your rank?
Like  ·  Reply  ·  

Can anyone say till which last rank PGDM core got filled today?

1 comment
minnibakshi
@minnibakshi  ·  0 karma

Rank 269 @dingdong1

Like  ·  Reply  ·  

Heartiest congratulations and a warm welcome to all the final converts. We are glad to have you as a part of SIMSR family.

Please join the group for Final Converts.

Aman Dua, SIMSR Admissions Committee. More on B-School Preparation @ facebook.com/77postbox

Hey,

Can anybody tell me what needs to be mentioned in the letter to be exempted from histel accommodation ? I live in mumbai.

Please let me know.

1 comment
anirudhjindal
@Jen05 Strong and a valid reason to be exempted from hostel accomodation. They need to write an application (Genuine reason why they want hostel exemption) and submit to the college authority. College will consider these application on case to case basis.
Like  ·  Reply  ·