[2014-16] WAT GD PI Helpline: Win last lap to enter Dream B-Schools with visionIIM-ACL

20 Posts  ·  163 Users
About this group
Dear all, I am back again this year with the Official GDPI Helpline. We all know that the 'Battle' is over but the 'WAR' to enter dream B-Schools is still on. And, this is the right time to ask all your 'last lap' questions to people ...
Page 1 of 2

@pree2001

Can anyone please suggest me how is SOIL..Is it worth investing?

@varun sir.....please throw sm light on soil

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can anyone please suggest me how is SOIL..Is it worth investing?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What should be covered in 'Tell me something about yourself' especially when youre a fresher because then you dont really have much to say.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How to prepare for Vocab????

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

How's the following answer for Why MBA question. Also let me know what questions can be shot back at this? This is just the first draft. I'd more than appreciate a critical feedback.

I joined XXX organization as an Associate IT Consultant. I started with preparing technical solutions for the client. But soon moved to the Consultant role where we used this technical knowledge to provide strategic planning & consultance to clients regarding the best possible solution for their IT needs. As part of my responsibilities I have gperformed many activities like: Giving demos to prospective clients, Trying to sell our product and Engaging in other pre-sales activities as well. And it was during this phase that I developed a keen interest in business and realized about the goodies that an MBA can bring me. And having around two years of technical experience I believe it's the right time to take steps towards higher roles. As a short term goal I would like to be in a position which can actually create an impact on the business. And in the long run I plan to be an entrepreneur.

4 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

My profile

X - 87.0
XII - 87.2
B.Tech (CS) - 69.02 😠😠
3 years workex in TCS
CAT'13 - OA 99.52 QA 98.82 VA 98.51
I have two dream calls as of now - IIT-B and NITIE..
Seniors pls guide on how to prepare for GD/PI..
Does NITIE have topic based GDs ?
Also what is the nature of PI at these two colleges..
Wanderlust!
2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi, i have an interview on 25th feb for 6 new iims...i am a final year student of b.pharmacy all my certificates are with my college...are their attested photo copies not enough?? pls help me...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi I have just joined Pagalguy...i have got a call from IIM-B. I want to know what are the essay topics being given this year....and any other info helpful
(interview experience)..???? Please help... 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

B.Tech. grad,13 mnths exp in production/mfg.

After completing Mechanical Engineering from SVNIT Surat I worked in XXX organization . My core activities encompasses PPC,SQDCM Control, maintaining documents and following procedure related to ISO/TS 16949:2009 and setup of XXX Project NGC. I have developed an avid interest in operation management after working in these areas. I felt it is ideal time to move from shop floor to class room to acquire the necessary skill sets which will enhance my managerial skills and management knowledge. MBA course will provide me breadth and depth of management tools of management and then give me suitable platform for advancement of management knowledge to complex situation. Learning in disciplined fashion with future leaders will instill confidence in me and help me achieve goal of working as operation manager in manufacturing firm.

Feedback Please !!!

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

BE grad, 2 years experience in IT, 1 year in an NGO.

My fascination with business, direct interaction with clients and prospects/donors to identify and solve their requirement has motivated me to move to business positions. My current position as a volunteer coordinator of ****, requires me to strategically plan and implement sponsorship drives across companies. As more sponsorship funds means more beneficiaries, this requires me to look for innovative methods to attract potential donors. While today I use intuition and experience to guide my activity, I plan to strengthen my skills by learning formal methodologies at a b-school.

Solving business case studies will give me a chance to think through a wide range of business problems in a wide range of industries. This way I'll gain skills needed to perform a variety of specific job functions and expand my career options.

My long term career goal is attain Senior Executive position of an organization where I can take high-level business decisions. An MBA from a reputable B-School will give me a career edge and a sense of validation and self-confidence to become a good business leader.

Feedback Please !!! 😃 @visionIIM-ACL @Rahul-Srivastava

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...