[2013] XLRI GMP queries & discussions

6 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
XLRI GMP class of 2013 welcomes all the prospective MBA students in this forum.We truly understand that the decision to quit your current job and become a student at this stage of your life has to be a thoughtful and mature one and hence, you have...
Page 1 of 1
Hi GMPians

I had my gmat. Got an average 700. From IT background. Around 9 years of exp, Including a 3 years of Client exposure stint in US. Average Academics around the mid 70s all throughout.

Needed to understand with my profile, how important are ECs. Also how is EC classified in XLRI, as in, I have participations in certain sports/quizzing activities in my office. I also have certain external certifications done from IBM and NSE. Do they qualify.

I also wanted to understand, how to do the CBA, considering the course is around 17L all inclusive, along with my one year's salary of around 9 Lakhs. Can somebody suggest me on how to go about the CBA, because firstly i needed to understand whether i need it or not, and secondly even the B school interview processes ask for the CBA, and i should be prepared with the answer if i really feel, that MBA s what i need as the next step in my career growth.

Lastly, this might sound stupid, I am not able to find that form that needs to be downloaded in the XLRI website. Can somebody provide pointers as to from where can i download the form. I have already filled the online registration form and got my login ID and password.

Thanks,
Pushpayan
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I have scored 660 in gmat. My profile is: Working as an engineer for 5 yrs 3 months in Tata Steel, currently designated as Sr Manager, Xth Std %age: 92.5%, XII std percentage- 89.2%, B.E in Electrical & Electronics Engg from BIT Mesra Ranchi- 83.7%. Can I expect a call from XLRI for GMP or should I again give GMAT?

Also if I give GMAT again and my score is lesser than before which score will be considered by XLRI? Please also let me know the minimum XAT percentile for a call for XLRI GMP?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Please could someone tell me about the no of seats for the HR and BM programs of XLRI for the 2013-15 session. And which one is more reputed?
(Couldnt find a specific thread for XLRI so posted here)
2012 Calls : IIML, New IIMs, FMS, MDI, NITIE, SPJAIN, SJSOM, IITD, IITM, IMT-G, TISS, MICA IRMA, IMI, GIM Converts : IIML, New IIMs (T,U,R), NITIE, SJSOM, IITD, IITM, IMT-G, IRMA, IMI, GIM.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This Thread has been shifted to the following location. Please post your questions there,

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I wanted to know what is the XAT score required for the GMP program. Can anybody guide me with this information.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
XLRI GMP class of 2013 welcomes all the prospective MBA students in this forum.We truly understand that the decision to quit your current job and become a student at this stage of your life has to be a thoughtful and mature one and hence, you have all rights to know everything about this course before taking this big step.

On this thread, the XLRI GMP class of 2013 will help you with your queries and bring you relevant information pertaining to the course. Please note however, that information we provide should not be taken as official information from XLRI Management. In case we are not able to answer your queries immediately, we would surely reply after having a conversation with the XLRI-GMP AdCom.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...