[2013] Which B-Schools should you apply to?

516 Posts  ·  707 Users
About this group
Hi All, As we step into another season, and in few months you will be witnessing applications for different exams, different and much coveted B-Schools and lot of ups and downs, we are back with the thread which has been amongst the most he...
Page 1 of 52

Hi puys ,

For all the queries related to MBA from Delhi School of Management, Delhi Technological University (Formerly Delhi college of engg) follow the thread :-

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/official2015-17-delhi-school-of-management-dsm-dtu-admission-des...

Hurry apply soon last date 27th february

Mohit Dhawan, DSM-DTU, 2014-2016, dsm.dce.edu
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Applications to the 2015-17 batch of MBA programme by National Institute of Technology Karnataka Surathkal, Mangalore is closing on 16th February 2015

.NITK Surathkal is an institute of national importance with a legacy of over 50 years, and has a 300 acre fully residential campus with the Arabian Sea on its west border and the Kanyakumari-Mumbai highway passing right through the middle,  and accommodates over 4500 students pursuing UG, PG and doctoral programmes.

Eligibility:

Graduation: Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (For SC/ST it is 55% or 6.0) from a recognized institute/university.

Test scores: CAT 2014 or GMAT

Total Institute Fee: INR 1,54,100 

Total Hostel Fee: INR 77,500 (for Boys) or INR 81,500(Girls)

Total Intake: 64 (Reservations applicable)

Admission notification:

http://www.nitk.ac.in/mba-admissions

Official Facebook Page:

www.facebook.com/mba.nitk.surathkal

For more details, discussions and queries kindly visit the Official PG Thread:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/nitk-mba-2015-2017-admissions-official-thread-30381526

Beryl Thomas, Public Relations Cell, NITK MBA
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi

My CAT Score is as follows:

OA:88.41 QA:84 VA:86.63

X:87.69

XII: 82.5

Graduation : B.E Mechanical 72.66

16 Months of Work experience.Colleges I can expect a call from?

I have applied to GIM,IMT,NIT Trichy,K.J Somaiyya,BIM Trichy,IMI Delhi,LBSIM Delhi,TAPMI,NIRMA,Welingkar,FMS BHU

Any other colleges I should apply for?

Thanks in advance

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys, I am currently working and have 4 years of industry experience in marketing. Its been a while since I have studied and to be honest I am out of touch with education. So please suggest as to how do I go about with the preparation for the entrance exams. I was hoping to do my MBA and I have heard that ISB, SPJIMR, SP JAIN GLOBAL, XLRI are few of the good colleges. Can anyone review these colleges? Which is the best ?

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
rakhi76
@rakhi76  ·  0 karma

The reason the program is called S P JAIN Global is because it focuses a lot of various business cultures and lets you have microscopic view of it with its tri-city module. Personally I would go for the GMBA. Sounds interesting doesn't it? Studying in three cities?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ayush127
@ayush127  ·  0 karma

Hey thanks guys for your inputs! Really helped!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

CAT - 77 ; 10th - 91 ; 12th - 94 ; B. Tech - 81 ; Exp - 52 months (2months at onsite)

I am planning to apply for the schools below. Is there any possibility to get call from any of them? Should I wait and choose among these or take GMAT this year? Please advise.

TA PAI/IBS/SCIT/IFMR/Amrita Coimbatore/Bharatidasan/IPE hyd/XIME Bangalore/LIBA Chennai

1 comment
anisa
@anisa  ·  0 karma

You have chances in XIME Bangalore, IBS and Amrita Coimbatore.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IMI or FORE

I will apply to only 1 of these 2 collgs..  which one I should go for

(p.s- my mock scores hav been between 80-85 %ile) 

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
svishal
@svishal  ·  0 karma

will that be possible for me? 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
kapz
@kapz  ·  0 karma

@svishal yes, it all depends upon your confidence level and strategy on the day of the exam. I was scoring 85-90 percentile in the mocks but I scored 98.11 in cat.  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

XIMB BM vs IIM Kashipur?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Admission thread for LBSITM Indore campus.
Regards, Varun Tripathi,Team-MnC,LBSIM-PGDM(2013-15)
2 comments
pksaxena19
@pksaxena19  ·  0 karma

It's great that LBSIM Delhi has opened it's new branch at Indore as well, known as LBSITM, and the admission for 2015 are open now...you can go on the following link...

http://forms.lbsitm.ac.in/lbsitm1114

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
OMI9
@OMI9  ·  0 karma

Hello, Can you tell me what was previous year cutoff for LBSIM, it will help a lot.. Thanks in Advance..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Bits or NIMB for finance?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi frnds,

I got 82.87 % ile in cat 2013, gen. Cat.& my acads r also average .passed my graduation in 2012.
I got final call frm Bimtech, IBS -Gurgaon, UPES but not interested in them because of their ROI and rankings r also not good.
I also got call frm IIFM -Bhopal but unable to convert it .Now I really want to do PGDFM frm this institute but problem is that I havealready dropped 2 years .....Right now I got call from GAUTAM BUDDH UNIVERSITY, Greater Noida. So , should I go gor this institute or try one more time..........silly ques. But plz help........I will be thankful 4 u ..........specially @antifup & @FreakingAwesome @freaking @umangrathi
3 comments
Load more comments  ·  1 of 3
shrutig047
@shrutig047  ·  0 karma

BIMTECH is not the only option , in delhi region you can even try for Management Development Institite, Gurgaon; Asia Pacific Institute Of Management, New Delhi ; IMI, New Delhi etc.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...