[2013-2015] SIOM (MBA-Operations) - GE/PI Discussions

1,689 Posts  ·  320 Users
About this group
Way to go guys!!!! :: :: Heartiest Congratulations to all those who have made the cut...after the endless waiting!!!...Phew! :: Time to indulge in some revelry \m/(-_-)\m/ And when you are done with that...time to sit down and do so...
Page 1 of 169

congrats to everyone joining SIOM.I sincerily hope your experience would be diffrent than smithmicheal and mine.all d best!!

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
gsandhya05
@gsandhya05  ·  26 karma

can you share ur experience @gurupreet31

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
gurupreet31
@gurupreet31  ·  0 karma

smithmichael already summarized it there is nothing more to add.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Seniors I have sent hand written application as asked for cancellation and refund. The postal status is coming as delivered and I have sent an email to admissions department to acknowledge the same has been received and my fee refund process is in progress. I didnt got any response so far. Is there any way to confirm the same ? @SrikanthP.SIOM @royrvdpr723

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
iampsycho
@iampsycho  ·  24 karma

They received my application on 22 May but got no refunds yet.. May be it might take some more time 😞

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
SrikanthP.SIOM
@SrikanthP.SIOM  ·  0 karma

ok..i shall try to talk to them.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi all.

i have asked for refund.
the guy in siom account department says the transfer has been done on 19th. But i have not yet received the payment. When i call to enquire about the UTR number they are disconnecting.
Dont know what to do.embarrased
15 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 15
SrikanthP.SIOM
@abhishekarun Did you get your refund??
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
abhishekarun
@abhishekarun  ·  0 karma

after 50-55 days

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@dishwalla

Converted but seriously confused wether to join or not .Was WL at 24 in SC Category .

Work Exp (IT) ~ 5 Years and Salary ~ 6.5 lacs pa ..

Not inclined towards specialization MBA (just feel that it narrows oppurtunites rather than opening up more options)

. Damm only 10 Days to decide and Even my Notice Period is 2months + .

dont join....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Converted but seriously confused wether to join or not .Was WL at 24 in SC Category .

Work Exp (IT) ~ 5 Years and Salary ~ 6.5 lacs pa ..

Not inclined towards specialization MBA (just feel that it narrows oppurtunites rather than opening up more options)

😞 . Damm only 10 Days to decide and Even my Notice Period is 2months + .

BECK - I am a Loser Baby !
1 comment
anonymous
@anonymous  ·  1 karma

Try next year, since you are in SC category, a li'l preparation and hard work will take you to the IIMs. SIOM is v.good Bschool, never a bad choice, but you better try next year to go to a better college.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Finally converted SIOM 😃

Had almost given up hope after seeing that I had not converted till now, even forgot that there was a list coming out today, so was shocked to see an SMS from SIOM. Anyway not doing an MBA this year, already gave up on TAPMI. So WL moves by +1. All the best to guys waiting and ones joining 😃

IIM Kozhikode PGP 2016-18
2 comments
dudepotter_aman
@dudepotter_aman  ·  9 karma

bro what was ur wait list number when first list was out???

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
AimIIMAC
@AimIIMACIIM Kozhikode  ·  943 karma

@dudepotter_aman bhai teen saal pehle ka post hai. Yaad kaise hoga ye sab? :D

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@SrikanthP.SIOM when the college will start and what is the final placement report??

1 comment
SrikanthP.SIOM

College starts on the 4th of June.
No final announcement of Placement Report yet. Will let u know when it comes up.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@iampsycho

@SrikanthP.SIOM

I need a little help... Can you please talk to admissions department and let us know the details and process for refund because the web page on site doesn't make it any clear...

Do they refund by DD or Cheque ... Also I want to give my home address instead of current registered one for refund .. How to do that ?

Can any body from puys or seniors please help me out here !!

9 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 9
SrikanthP.SIOM

yup...@royrvdpr723 wud be the right person to reach out to in this context.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
iampsycho
@iampsycho  ·  24 karma

Couriered the hand written application and also dropped email with details... Eagerly waiting for response now 😃

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@SrikanthP.SIOM I need a little help... Can you please talk to admissions department and let us know the details and process for refund because the web page on site doesn't make it any clear...

Do they refund by DD or Cheque ... Also I want to give my home address instead of current registered one for refund .. How to do that ?

1 comment
royrvdpr723
@royrvdpr723  ·  0 karma

Drop an email at admissions.siom.in with your SNAP ID and transaction details (+ send a hard copy too). The college will refund the fees through RTGS. In certain cases, It might take upto 40-45 days (max.)... however, don't be tensed, rest assured the institute will try to make the refunding process asap 😃

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Lot of people are sending me messages that I'm spreading false rumors. Well, I just wrote what is true, and not to offend anyone. New batch must be excited that they are joining SIOM and are going to start new phase of their life. That's great! Even I was feeling the same. But things will eventually turn out the way I have written it below.

People are calling that I'm doing this out of frustration. Yupp, u can say that. After investing so much of money, energy, time I did not meet my expectations just like others.

I dare anyone to come forward and prove my points as false or baseless. I also request the aspirants themselves to talk to the seniors in th 12-14, or 11-13, or even the 10-12 batch, and they will say the same things as I. I'm not encouraging or discouraging anyone from taking admissions. I'm just telling the facts. Please ask the present students if U want. Though the placement figure on the site are true, this year however is very different. And btw, 10 lacs is an huge investment.

Ask the seniors what kind of a faculty is Patil sir and his style of teaching. In fact there is a faculty who gives you marks based on how fluently and nicely you can speak English, rather than your content. And this is something he admits openly. Now do u want that out of an MBA? A student scores marks in the final exam based on how effectivey he can mug the ppts.

For some this may be false attack on SIOM. But for others it can be important decision for their life.

P.S.- FYI, I have been placed in a reputed company with a good CTC, so dont worry about my placement! 😃
8 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 8
varun3110
@varun3110  ·  0 karma
@bittertruth87 bro mene bas suna h ye.. Even i dnt believe on dis.. Lets c kya hota h.. B+v wala attitud s d bst ryt nw...:))
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
anonymous
@anonymous  ·  1 karma

SIOM can't be compared with SP JAIN Or NITIE that's very wrong...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...