[2013-2015] NMIMS GDPI Experiences

9 Posts  ·  94 Users
About this group
Interviews for NMiMS have started from yesterday i.e 12th Feb, 2012. All the best to everyone for their interviews and please post your experience of the same.For the benefit of everyone concerned, please keep the format like this: DATE - ...
Page 1 of 1

Date:19th Feb 2013
Venue:NMIMS Mumbai
NMAT score:211

GD:It was a case study where we have to resolve a dilemma of a supervisor regarding giving a recommendation letter to an employee who have violated confidential information and was fired by the supervisor for incompetence

Not much points were there to be discussed everybody in the group had more or less the same points anyways it was an energetic GD according to me with participation from everyone

PI:

2 elderly gents 1 lady who was quite friendly :)

Asked me abt my work profile,difference between young and old generation:gave a lot of gyan..
they asked me what was special abt me :told them abt my strengths described my extra curricular achievements
they asked my preference for specialiazation:I said marketing and FMCG sector hearing this the lady asked me to sell some biscuits that were there in the table to them.I gave my best effort,they were quite pleased.
The lady asked me what I wanted to achieve in life:gave a lot of gyan.......

they also asked some basic JAVA questions:
diff between C and C++
y is JAVA platform independent
founder of C

overall it was healthy interaction 😃 :)

my rating:3.5/5

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@anantn Keep the address the same as in the call-letter and keep subject as "Application fee for PGDM". State that you had your interview on so-and-so date and that you wish to apply for PGDM, stating your preference for campus.
Always mention your NMAT ID in all communication...
2012 SEASON| CAT 99.78 | CMAT(Feb) AIR- 36 | SNAP 99.63 | NMAT 99.57 | IRMA 97.06 | XAT 95.63
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@CancerPincer_22
Ideally, what should a cover letter include?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@neppo YOu should tale along a photo ID, a pen, your call-letter...carrying along a CV is not a must, if you want, you can show it to the PI panel...all the best
@anantn write a cover letter along with the DD...mention ur NMAT ID and name on the rear-side of the DD and also write PGDM application fee...
2012 SEASON| CAT 99.78 | CMAT(Feb) AIR- 36 | SNAP 99.63 | NMAT 99.57 | IRMA 97.06 | XAT 95.63
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys, i opted for pgdm in that sheet they give youirght before the cd/pi happens, and i hadnt selected it during the applcation process. IT said" send a demand draft worth Rs.450 to NMIMS" but didnt specift the exact address, or what to send along with the draft....do i just send the draft alone? how will they know who sent it...or for what?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

what docs do we need to take with us xcept the original marksheets?? and do we need to take a separate resume or the interview application form we mailed will be sufficient ?? plzz reply soon..

Cat: 98.62, Calls: New IIMs, IMT-G, NMIMS(bnglr), XIMB, VGSOM; Converts till now- NMIMS, IMT-G(Fin)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
DATE - 12th Feb

SLOT -Morning(HR), Afternoon(Core)

NMAT Score - 227

Any other special thing about you:

First, there was a Case Study analysis on whether a CHief Admin officer of a health services company is interfering too much with the doctors. your written take on this in 3 brief paras-got 10 minutes to write.

Funny thing for me, this case study was never brought up in the entire day, handwriting 's too bad probably

MBA HR
(9am-1pm)

GD:
Topic: Was given a sheet containing 15 tough professions and was asked to rank 10 of them in decreasing toughness.
Number of Ppl present-8, 3 absentees
Time:
Brief Snapshot of Discussion:given 5 minutes to do this and then asked to discuss with the rest of the group and arrive at consensus
Other Salient Details: All- guys group came to quick consensus...very efficient!!

PI:
Panel Members Intro: 2 really old guys 70+ but rather polished gentlemen. You can't bluff to grandpas who've seen it all
Questions:
GP1- (looks through profile sheet) why left job after 1 year?
Me- Mother sick, blah blah, wanted to pursue mba afterwards, did not return to job
GP2- tell me a challenging situation in job?
ME- told
(more grilling, not convinced entirely)
(saved it by saying that i did it while one month into job)
GP1-What was ur role at job?
Me- told, blah blah interpersonal skills, co-ordination
GP2- between mba core and mba hr, which one?
Me- blinked for a coupla seconds, then mba core
Smiles all around, handshakes, tata bye bye
MISC.
Any other relevant detail: I heard panels were chilled out for other ppl as well...

MBA-CORE

(1pm-4pm)
GD:
Topic:difficult one on e-retailing of children's clothing. as a consultancy what to ask the company while helping them set up their website.

Number of Ppl present-13
Time:15minutes, 5minutes to read
Brief Snapshot of Discussion:
just e-retail related questions thrown around but no clarity on client's viewpoint, consultancy would def have asked that

Other Salient Details: ppl ran out of points or this could have turned into a fish-market, make sure to make presence felt by trying to re-direct discussion back to topic, panelists told u can do that

PI:
Panel Members Intro: 3, young man(YM), Old smiling lady(OSL), Young Lady(YL)
Questions:
YM- points out error in profile sheet. I have written 41*** as salary per annum instead of permonth then goes on to why left job? (phir se!!!)
Me-explain again with patience and steady gaze, mother sick, wanted to pursue mba
OSL- SOmething to distinguish u from others?
ME-Told, thoda sa gyaan as well
OSL- You mentioned in ur sop u want to get into a leadership role in a company with global footprint. any role-models?
ME- couple of seconds, then loads of gyaan, old lady with a beatific smile
YM- you are the last for the interview, how does it feel?
Me- said fine with it, clincher- was also the last for the NM mba hr hr interview, told it was a pleasant experience, hoping this one will be as well
Everyone smiles, everyone leaves together in the elevator!!

MISC.
MOstly short proceses, both GD and PI, 10-15minutes. be prepared to wait for long periods in the audi or outside classrooms sweet profs...chilled out process!

All the Best Puys
2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, M.A. (HRM & LR), 2013-15 Life at TISS and other things - www.prateek7.wordpress.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Interviews for NMiMS have started from yesterday i.e 12th Feb, 2012.
All the best to everyone for their interviews and please post your experience of the same.For the benefit of everyone concerned, please keep the format like this:

DATE -

SLOT -

PROFILE:

Acads:
X
XII
Undergrad Major - GPA/%age

Work-Ex:
NIL/Sector - Number of Years

NMAT Score -

Any other special thing about you:

GD:
Topic:
Number of Ppl present
Time:
Brief Snapshot of Discussion:
Other Salient Details: As whether summary was asked to be written or not, Time given, and other stuff.

PI:
Panel Members Intro:
Questions:

MISC.
Any other relevant detail.

Request:
1. Kindly do not post anything other than your experience.
2. For queries, you can visit this thread
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/nmat-2013-nmims-mba-admission-thread-25083755/3593977
3. For appreciating an interview post, use Like button.

P.S - Format copied from earlier threads

P.S- If appeared for both FTMBA and MBA-HR, also please write the GD and PI description for MBA-HR.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...