Process for Admissions 2013 at International Management Institute (IMI) , Bhubaneswar for PGDM (2013-15) Batches has started ...
Click here to download Admission Bulletin 2013
IMI's two year Post Graduate Diploma in Management is designed to prepare students for careers in industry, across functional areas. The program equips students with strong conceptual skills to manage businesses in an integrated manner. The emphasis is on developing a holistic manager with a vision to take on the challenges of the future in socially sensitive manner.
The program is approved by AICTE .
IMI follows the trimester system with the academic calendar beginning in June 2013 and each term being of 11-12 weeks duration. At the end of the first three terms of the program, all students are required to undergo compulsory summer internship for 8-10 weeks in industry.
Eligibility for admission
To be eligible for admission to the PGDM Program, the participants must posses a Bachelors degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline, recognized by the Association of Indian Universities for admission to post-graduate programs. The bachelors' degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years education after completing higher secondary schooling under the 10+2 system or equivalent. Candidates appearing in the final year of their bachelor's degree or equivalent are also eligible, provided they furnish the proof of having met the minimum eligibility criteria by September 28, 2013. Candidates who are unable to comply with this requirement may be asked to withdraw from the program. It is desired that candidates complete all academic requirements before joining the program to enable them to keep pace with the rigor and internal assessment schedule of the program.
Participants for the PGDM program may be from any discipline such as Engineering, Humanities, Commerce or Economics, Medicine or any other branch of education. Candidates with relevant work experience as also fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- IMI admission Bulletin can be downloaded from our website www.imi.edu
- Application form is available at admission.imi.edu and must be submitted on line.IMI does not accept Admission applications off-line.
- Applicant should complete the online application form and submit the samealong with the admission fee which is non-refundable.
- The admission application fee will be as follows: An applicant desirous of applying to any program in any of the three campuses of IMI will be required to pay a common application fee of Rs.1500 plus a program fee of Rs.500 per program per campus.
(Eg. A candidate wishing to apply to the PGDM program at all three campuses will be required to pay Rs.1500 + (500x3) = 3,000; a candidate applying to just one program, in one campus will be required to pay Rs.1500 + 500 = 2000; a candidate applying to the PGDHRM program at Delhi campus besides any one PGDM program at any of the three campuses will be required to pay Rs.1500+(500x2) = 2500)
- The admission fee can be paid through Credit Card/ Debit Card through the designated payment gateway.
THOSE Paying fees ONLINE NEED NOT SEND ANYTHING
- Payment can also be made by Demand Draft, drawn in favor of International Management Institute, payable at New Delhi for all campuses, giving the CAT / GMAT registration number and campus reference on the reverse of the Demand Draft. In the absence of the CAT / GMAT registration number and campus reference the application will be treated as incomplete and liable to be rejected.
- Applications, complete in all respects, should reach the Admissions Office of IMI Delhi by midnight of 9th October 2012. Incomplete forms are liable to be rejected summarily.
- Admission to the program is through the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by The Indian Institute of Management at different Centers all over the country. CAT 2012 would be held between Thursday, October 11 and Tuesday, November 6, 2012. (Refer CAT Bulletin for further details).
- IMI will obtain the test scores from the IIM for those candidates who have appeared in the CAT examination and have also applied to IMI for the PGDM program.
- IIM's have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the program.
- Foreign students and NRI sponsored candidates are also eligible and are required to take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) at a test centre outside India, taken not earlier than October 2010 and not later than October 2012, and submit such scores while applying to IMI.
- Indian residents who have appeared for GMAT, not earlier than October 2010 and later than October 2012 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates will be required to furnish their GMAT scores while applying and provide an attested copy of the GMAT score sheet to the Admission Office for verification. GMAT scores without the above document will not be accepted and the application may be summarily rejected.
Short listing Criteria
Candidates who have appeared for the CAT 2012 examination or furnished valid GMAT score and have applied to IMI will be short listed on the basis of information provided in the application form, CAT scores (sectional and overall) or GMAT score, educational background, marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and work experience. Only short listed candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process.
Applicants should note that mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria may not ensure consideration for short listing by IMI. IMI will not entertain any correspondence on this subject and decisions of the IMI Admissions Committee will be final in all matters.
Past academic performance in graduation, class XII & X, Extempore speaking, Psychometric Test, Essay writing, Personal interview besides other qualitative parameters, will constitute the core components of the final stage of the selection process. The IMI Admission Committee reserves the right to modify these components while communicating the same to the applicants at the Personal Interview stage. The overall objective being to identify and assess the candidate's potential for a managerial career.
Besides Delhi, the selection process will be conducted at other centers including Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar. Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. Candidates should indicate their preferred center(s) 1st and 2nd preference for interview in the application form. If a candidate's preferred centre is not allotted, for any reason, the candidate will be informed of the change. IMI reserves the right to change any of the centers for the selection process, without assigning any reasons.
You may ask your queries on official face book page of IMI Bhubaneswar.
IMI Bhubaneswar Admission Committee 2012-14