[2013-2015] IIM Lucknow GD-WAT- Interview experiences - PGP & PGP ABM

45 Posts  ·  104 Users
About this group
:: :: Hi Puys,I have started this thread for IIM Lucknow ExperiencesHere's my experience in crisp *Date:- 11 Feb 2013 Venue:- Bangalore -* Hotel Monarch Luxor *Time:- 9 AM**Genaral tips : *There were many interviews&exams; goin...
Page 1 of 5
@ramspeaksabtMBA said:
Thanks... i hope yours is over... Share your PI also.. ATB
already shared dude check out the gd pi experience thread and give ur feedback :)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@pksingh3232 said:

good one ATB hope you convert HELL!!!!!
Thanks... i hope yours is over... Share your PI also..
ATB
Calls : IIM A,L,I & all babies.. Converts : L & U,Ro,Ra,Rp,T,Ka :-) Reject : "A" :-( Not attended : I
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@ramspeaksabtMBA said:
Hi Puys,I have started this thread for IIM Lucknow ExperiencesHere's my experience in crispDate:- 11 Feb 2013Venue:- Bangalore - Hotel Monarch LuxorTime:- 9 AMGenaral tips :There were many interviews&exams; going on apart from IIM - LBe sure you are a bit early or else u wont find a seat to sit.The entire process started on time.First they put up a list in noticeboard, which batch u belong too. At 9.10, person incharge sends batches to allocated floor and panel.Stage I :- Writting Ability Test(WAT) - 15 MinsEach batch will be of 9 members as far i saw.It will be like a round table conferance with 2 persons(for me - 1 M,1 F) as evaluvators.We were made to sit around a conference table according to a sequence they had.A sheet size of A4 size was given to us. It had the no topic , space for personal information and one & half side ruled for essay.Topic:- Fashion fades but style is Eternal(Max 300 words)15 mins to write, not a second more.My was a decent attempt. I wrote comparision between fashion & style giving examples like Gangnam style,Rajnikanth & Sachin. Overall nice attempt.I didn write more than 250 for sure.Not much time, but i felt around 250 was wat everyone wrote.Rate your preparation(0-5):3Rate your performance(0-5):2.5STAGE II:- Group Discusion:12 MinsMoment they collect the paper and evaluvator return to table. He announced 10-12mins GD starts.Same topic.I started the GD , since the topic was same & on consensus, we had ample time for each and everyone to speak.Infact we had many short pauses for 5 sec each(too much in a GD).All were giving time to each other to speak.Finally we arrived on consensus. We didn even sumarize, but all were happy with it.Preety decent(Not a fish market at all).Rate your preparation(0-5):4Rate your performance(0-5):4Hotel People served coffee and biscuits STAGE III:- Personal Interview: Ranging between 20-25 Mins - Didn't see exactly.We were called in the same sequence. My turn was 5th. People before me were having very general interviews. Nothing specific.Same 2 persons.Lady(L),Man(M) , Myself(I)I do not remember the exact sequence of questions. But more or less it was this.I:- good morningL M>L:- U have mentioned Stock market simulation game, what is that all about?I:- L:- U are from ???? Whats famous for that??I :- Some background on my hometown. Sort of dragged her into why MBA..L:- So you have gap betwen grad completion and work exp- 8 months why?I:- 2009 recession & gave her i was working in BPO for communication skills.L: > So mentioning communication.. what do u feel is important? Comanding voice or Clear thought?I:- Told her with examples, Kalam & PM.Manmohan both doesn have commanding voice, but are good communicators.Used Obama's remark on Manmohan abt G7 conference.M:- L:- What did u learn from ur Company??I: Some Gyan abt my company. Spoke in a positive manner.Gave her my carrer path Lady was happy with that as i never spoke a word bad abt my companyNow the Male enters in to conver..M:- So how do u rate ur company in both quality of ur work & Salary wiseI :- I was truthful with mmy answer(1st in software and didn mention any number but said its correct with economic stands)M:- so give example of ur branch of study devices in day to day life(Mechatronics Engineering)I:- Gave 1 on the moment, he accepted. Then 2nd one i was dragging him around like giving other options which are subset of 1st. Then finally gave 2nd. M: Give me some what all house holds have and use.I: i was dragging like electric scooters.M: Camera cell phones...>I: i will add it up next time and i smiled.M:- So how is ur work related to ur Engg??I:- explained him with examples.M:- >L :- What is stepper motor?M: So whats its torque and load capacity?I: - I said i may not be clear abt its torque and specs. But i said i wil explain them basic functionality of Stepper motor. i gave them examples like scooter starter & mixie.>M:- Last Question, Have u done any project on Mechatronics??I : I explained my project and where i saw it live after 3 years in a 5 star hotel.M: Gave back the file.Thank you,I smiled and left!!P.S: I might have left some questions here. But all was general. nothing much in acads or work exps. I felt they tested how u take things in life.Calm.Rate your preparation(0-5):4Rate your performance(0-5):4.2Experience: Overall mine was a good & decent one. No hiccups anywhere.No grilling.No back firing.I heard - Interview "L will be Hell..." But nothing of that sort happened. Its all how u take ur interview. Any other Info: 1)Be calm and composed in front of panel.Smile.Do not show anxiety. They really check on it. All is in your hand on how u approach the interview.2)The panel was very nice friendly and helps u if u stuck.3)Since im 3 years of exp. we spoke about 5 mins for my company and my roles.Ppl with workex - dont think u wont have acads question. They might ask. But they don grill on it. Drag into ur comfort zone.4)Be honest. If u don't know, say no.5) Prepare yourself with confidence. Dont load with all the stuffs from ur acads.Bcoz for my batchmates question were like this *)GDP of South africa *) what is Multi ***** -- some question on economics 6) For freshers - why now? do after 2 years? questions on TQM & Princlpes Of Management7) No question like Why MBA? Carrer goals?? came from my panel. They may ask for urs. God only knows.Key To Success:Confidence.Honest.Defend.Accept.Result : 2 more months to go...........Awaiting...

good one ATB 😃 hope you convert HELL!!!!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

pls post more experiences puys....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

can any body give me the address for the interview centre in noida??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@TheGhost said:

What questions about assam were you asked?
How big is Guwahati, about the river Brahmaputra, tea industry and other industries in Assam...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@W0nderW0man said:
Followed by a few questions about Assam.

What questions about assam were you asked?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

nothing else. @achubalaji.11

www.pagalguy.com/forums/chit-chat/c...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have a very silly question..i was the first person to be interviewed by my panel..they were checking my documents during the interview and i left immediately after my interview finished..now i suddenly have a doubt as to whether or not i was supposed to stay back for some other formalities..they had collected the form b4 the wat and gd itself..so, did i screw up by leaving immediately??

CAT 2012-99.64 Calls:A C L I K S FMS All new IIMs SP Jain NMIMS NITIE MDI :) Converts-XLRI HR :) Rejects : FMS SPJ XL BM
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@xanurag said:
@albiesriram man u 2 could really start of with a thread regarding Chess ratings
Am ready if the mods allow me..
www.pagalguy.com/forums/chit-chat/c...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...