[2013-2014] IIM Shillong One Year Executive Programme Discussion Thread (IIMShillong PGPEx MBIC 13-14)

343 Posts  ·  104 Users
About this group
*Dear All,** **The notification for one year executive programme of IIM Shillong, PGPEx-MBIC (PGPEx 13-14 IIMShillong) is out. Details about the course and application process can be found here:** **http://www.iimshillong.in/pgpex ...
Page 1 of 35

is it true that guys with 3 years of experience can apply for this course?

>= 3 years and saw this on the site

kuch bhi.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Institute has not mentioned the average package? No details about the offers being made?

Also the the break up by domain they have mentioned do not match to a number. I do not know what is the status of placement...Seniors can you help us? Now that the report is released, can you share the true numbers? It will be really helpful

7 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, I have a waitlist of 17 as of today... Please let me know the chances of getting the admission offer. And also what is the last date to deposit the fees for those who are getting the admission offer.....

8 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Seniors, I got an offer letter on friday. I was on wait list and finally got an offer. But now, I have only 15 days to serve notice period if I resign my company. I understand that classes will start on 3rd june. We have notice period of 90 days. Not sure whether I will really be able to get rolloff in 15 days.

Can you pls talk to adcom and inform us whether joining date can be postponed. I think July will be safe for us all. 1.5 months will be fair enough time and we can talk to HR. But 15 days is really too less and it will be difficult to negotiate, though I am trying.
8 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear All,

I have taken admission in the PGPEx programme and I am planning to take sabbatical leave.Is it correct that people on sabbatical leave are not eligible for placement?Kindly clear my doubts .
Thanks
1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@allindia

@allindia

"last year out of 35 PGPEX participants how many of them were placed and how many are yet to be placed. What is the max,mean,avg and lower salary offered and which Industry/service sector is recruiting ."

The placement report is not yet published and no details can be provided on any of the forum. PG is no exception. All those queries would be answered by the placement reports.

@allindia

Because as i understand and have contacted 2 participants of last year they are desperate for getting a job but not yet succeeded .The risk factor is very high as IIM shillong is nowhere in the league of IIM (A,B or C). If the placement dept is embroiled with some kind fuss in its first year itself how the future of PGPEX candidates are secured .

The call is to be made by you. The factors which are important to you are based on your expectations of the program hence different profiles would perceive risk in different ways. As per your profile and expectations out of the program, you need to make the decision.

And regarding the IIMShillong, yes it is a new program and the program will take some time to find its feet. IIMA/B/C/L has established program and advantages are associated with it.

@allindia

How can the placement committee club the placement for PGP and PGPEX when the courses and its approach are different .

That is the structure of the program and you knew about this structure before applying. I don't know how this factor can affect your decision.

@allindia

I have tried n number of times to contact the PGPEX 2012-13 batch but not getting any suitable response. The silence lead to lot of suspense hovering around my head and i am confused wether to go for a big shot .

Join the FB group as pointed out by @unisol , you can interact with at least 2-3 helpful seniors and they can resolve your queries. Again exact figures of placement CANNOT be revealed by any of the seniors as placement report is not yet published.

@allindia

Kindly Help and reveal the truth because I request all participants of this forum to be very much alert and attentive ,because at the end of the day we will going for huge study loan without any job security

My Sincere advice will be to talk to the seniors and make a decision.

Any other queries please post. Seniors like @Sai_IIMShillong and @satyabrat_sahoo are there on PG.

Tepper School of Business - Carnegie Mellon University, Class of 2017 - GMAT 760
17 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear All,

I am new to the forum , I have got offer for admit and my deadline for acceptance is on 6th May 2013 after i asked for extension.

I have some query which is still not answered, last year out of 35 PGPEX participants how many of them were placed and how many are yet to be placed. What is the max,mean,avg and lower salary offered and which Industry/service sector is recruiting .
Because as i understand and have contacted 2 participants of last year they are desperate for getting a job but not yet succeeded .

The risk factor is very high as IIM shillong is nowhere in the league of IIM (A,B or C).
If the placement dept is embroiled with some kind fuss in its first year itself how the future of PGPEX candidates are secured . How can the placement committee club the placement for PGP and PGPEX when the courses and its approach are different .

I have tried n number of times to contact the PGPEX 2012-13 batch but not getting any suitable response. The silence lead to lot of suspense hovering around my head and i am confused wether to go for a big shot .

Kindly Help and reveal the truth because I request all participants of this forum to be very much alert and attentive ,because at the end of the day we will going for huge study loan without any job security

Warm regards

5 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Here is the list of documents required by SBI. I procured this list from my home branch , they say the loan wd b processed by IIM Shillong's local branch only. However, i dont think documents required would change so get ready for the affidavit (about no other loan). sm documents wd b with us and rest we would get from IIMS

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Guys,
How are you planning to start the loan process?
Do we need to visit Shilong SBI branch or it can be processed from else where.

Any info will help?

www.quantexpert.co.in/qenotes/lrnot... Venn Diagram
2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...