in [2013-15] MDI Gurgaon PGP GD/PI ExperiencesThread
Updated 3 years ago

CAT:
OA:99.28
QADI:99.11
VALR:96.69
Venue and Date:
Gurgaon and 7th March (09:00)
Process was a bit delayed, started at at 10:30.
GD Topic: Certainty of justice is more important than severity of punishment.
Was ready with the topic and wished to start. However, panel said will indicate when to start.
Someone else started. I was the third one to pitch in. Two girls and rest guys. Overall balanced GD.
Talked about Raja Bhaia, Rape cases (One guy had too many points here), Courts and System in India (here I talked). Points became a bit repetitive in the end. I tried to discuss for solutions for the present system, however no takers. A bit average from my side.
Panel asked each and everyone to summarize.
Interview: Were taking about 15 mins.
Elderly Prof (EP), Middle Aged Prof (MP)
Greetings, file not taken.
EP: So you've mentioned you are a business analyst, what do you do?
Me: Sir, I carry out primary and secondary research for clients to help grow their business. Competitive, Market and Customer Intelligence, etc etc
EP: What is secondary research?
Me: Sir, finding and analysing information on sources available on the internet. Websites, journals, presentations, reports etc. Primary research caters to talking to people on phone or in person. This we do for market studies, company profiles.
EP: What is Foreign Investment?
Me: Sir, there are various ways of foreign players investing in India. FDI, FII, or any other ?
EP: FII
Me: People, companies investing in Indian stock markets, such as through hedge funds, mutual funds.
EP: Any regulation regarding FII in India?
Me: Sir you have to be registered with the SEBI to invest in India. Apart from that, I believe FIIs can invest a max of 10%, else they will be classified as FDI.

EP: Any other ??

Me: Sir, foreign players can't take account money very easily. India doesn't have capital account convertability.

EP: But, why? I am making money for my own self. If I make profit, I will take it out.

Me: Sir, foreign investment is very important for India and its growth. Hence, India has very rightly put these regulations. Foreign players can't be allowed to take advantage of some favourable situations and -- cut --

EP: But, that is how business works. All businesses are meant to have a profit.

Me: Sir, I understand that. However, all companies need to have a social message as well at the time of their registration. That is how business works. Only profit a motive will not guarantee success. -- cut --

MP: What was your company's social message at the time it was established?

Me: Sir, I do not exactly know that. However, we serve multiple clients. We help them grow their business and act as knowledge partners bridging gaps.

MP: What is Evalueserve?

Me: Sir, it is a KPO. -- cut --

MP: I know what's a KPO. What does your company do?

Me: It acts as a link in the consulting supply chain. EVS has three verticals, Intellectual Property, Financial Services and Corporates and Professional Services. A problem arises, we search for data and information available on it, analyse the data and recommend a solution to the client.

MP: So you are in the last division?

Me: Yes Sir. I am in the Corporates division. I have worked on company profiles, market studies, newsletters, project leads. We try to offer more solutions to help the client grow his business -- cut --

MP: So, what do you do?

Me: Sir, I am a Project Manager on a dedicated client setup. We help the client be informed of his industry competitors and customers. We also track construction projects for the clients. We carry out market studies pertaining to geographies, industries -- cut --

MP: So what sort of analysis do you do? What tools do you do?

Me: Sir, I do qualitative analysis on certain benchmarks and parameters. Data Analytics is another department in EVS and we take help -- cut --

MP: But I hate these BPOs/KPOs. They are spoiling the youth.

Me: Sir, BPOs/KPOs are a very important part of the services sector of the country. They are generating jobs, giving employment. I do agree that at a very young age, the youth gets money and some bad habits -- cut --

MP: Jobs? Even Naxalites can generate employment. They can recruit you. Why don't you join them?

Me: Sir, Naxalites are not wrong in what they are seeking. They are fighting for basic needs of life. However, no-one gives them a right to take lives. -- cut --

MP: But look at you, you being a chemical engineer, you are spoiling your degree, the government's money?

Me: Sir, I am a business analyst in the chemicals practice. So, actually all my clients are companies in the chemical industry. Hence, I understand the technology being used here and help them grow their business. For example, I know of polymers -- cut --

MP: Yeah, Yeah That I know, but even a B.Com guy could do what you are doing or in a BPO , I have seen them working.

Me: Sir, In my team we have people with MBA, with Economics degrees and that actually helps in widening our knowledge. We get a variety of requests and this facilitates better understanding of the project. We also have Chemical Forums which help brief people with non-core backgrounds on some basic principles -- cut --

MP: Do you read newspapers?

Me: Yes sir I sometimes do. But I try reading online.

MP: Tell me the founders of google?

Me: Sir Larry Page and Sergey Brin. I can't remember the first name of Brin.

MP: So what about the news?

Me: Sir -- cut --

MP: Here in your form you have written DU, but then DCE?

Me: Yes sir, Delhi College of Engineering was part of Delhi University. It is now Delhi Technological University (DTU) -- cut --

MP: You have also written city as New Delhi and state as Delhi. I am an outsider from Orissa, explain to me the difference.

Me: Sir, New Delhi is a city and an area in Delhi. Delhi means the National Capital Territory of Delhi. Delhi includes other areas as well but I can't recall. Delhi NCR includes Delhi and other cities such as Gurgaon, Noida etc.

MP: So you mean to say Gurgaon is part of Delhi? Sheila Dixit controls it?

Me: No sir, Gurgaon is part of Haryana. However, informally it is in the Delhi NCR, National Capital Region.

MP: Who's the largest KPO in India?

Me: Sir, Evalueserve only is the biggest KPO in India. In fact, it was EVS only that coined the term KPO in 2003.

MP: What other calls do you have?

Me: Sir, XLRI -- cut --

MP: No, that's from XAT. From CAT?

Me: SP Jain, FMS and new iims.

MP: We are done.

Me: Thank you sir. Thank you sir.

Seemed to be a very stressful interview.

Hope this experience helps future aspirants.

Converted 😃

MDI 2013-2015
1 like10 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 10
aanshu135
@aanshu135  ·  648 karma
@vampgm see you in college bro 😃
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Jenesha
@Jenesha  ·  8 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined