[2012] Ask ISB Hyderabad/Mohali: Admissions Director AM Kannan answers admission-related questions

571 Posts  ·  5,795 Users
About this group
Dear all, The tradition continues in its sixth year. On this thread, ISB's *Director of Admissions & Financial Aid, Mr AM Kannan* will answer all your questions about ISB PGP admissions, scholarships, placements, faculty, infrastructure,...
Page 1 of 58

Please evaluate my profile:  ISB Co 2020

Work Ex - 3.4 Years by Nov 2019

2.11 Years at ZS Associates as Associate Consutlant 

- Worked with global pharmaceutical clients to deliver strategic business solutions across APAC through analytical techniques and data driven insights 

5 months Ongoing with Pfizer Pharmaceuticals as Assistant Manager ( Mkt Research and Business Analytics)

- Work as POC between vendors and Brand Country Leaders to shape and analyze the health -care portfolio in India (Oncology, Vaccines and Rare Disease)

Future Goals: To be able to explore opportunities in in the health care indsutry and create on going impact in this space with the help of business acumen.

Btech - 8.95/10- VIT University, vellore

12th - 92.7%- CBSE 

10th- 94.3%- ICSE 

GMAT- 700

Extra Curricular:

- Sports- National Level Player in Atheletics, District Level Basketball Player , University Basketball Captain

- Event Management- Organised Multiple Cultural and Sports Fests 

enakshi
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

could anyone here ping if they opted for Business technology management specialization from ISB corusera. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Guys Anyone want Endeavour,CL materials less than Half rate than DM me as i am done with CAT..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
I aspire to join ISB class of 2018.

Can someone please evaluate my profile. 

10th (ISCE Board) - 94% in 2008

12th (ISCE Board) - 89% in 2010

B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering, BIT Sindri, 2014) - 8.4 CGPA
Work experience - 37 months (as on 01-08-2017) as Manager, HEMM Maintenance, TATA STEEL.
GMAT - 710 
Extra Curricular - Sufficient accolades in accamedics, sports, event management, social responsibilities (corporate as well as personal), fine arts ( drawing, painting, etc.), national level business events, adventure activities. Good annual appraisals year on year.

Can someone please give me a genuine review of my profile. Also let me know what else is needed to be done to increase my likelyhood of selection this year. I plan to apply in R1. 

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

Please Evaluate my profile for ISB 2018 MBA intake,Gmat : 690(q49,v33),BTech :  NIT surathkal Metallurgy (83%)

10th: 91%(CBSE)

12th : 86%(CBSE)

Work experince : 3+ years in NMDC(central govt. PSU) as Assistant manager

Extra curricular : Involved in Corporate Social Responsibility activities at NTPC & NMDC (Certificates).

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys, i come across this free course : https://www.prepathon.com/crack-cat-quant-2017-intro

1 comment
kayteed
@kayteed  ·  35 karma

I just joined the course. You can simply skip the promo code option and join the program by clicking a tab on right hand side. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All, I aspire to pursue my MBA from ISB, I was fasicated by the faulty, placements and the campus, I would want to know my chances in ISB as I feel my academics are not that strong compared to a lot of other candidates 10th - 56% 12th - 60% Degree - 61% I have 4yrs work exp from Amazon India as a senior analyst. Appreciate for the help! Thanks, Shravan

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi

I applied to the YLP programme in my pre-final year and did not make it through possibly because of a low GMAT score. I plan to apply again this year as a final year student. Does it affect your application in any way? What are some things re-applicants need to keep in mind while applying?

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
bhavesh10291
@bhavesh10291  ·  10 karma

It wouldn't be to fair to mention just their GMAT score without their profiles. They might have extraordinarily good profiles. A 720 would give a more realistic chance. All the YLP candidates I have come across in my Co2018 have had 720+.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ISBmantra.com
@ISBmantra.com  ·  2,237 karma

Fair point. And that's precisely the point we are trying to make. GMAT + Profile makes an application what it is. We are just contesting your statement - "its an unsaid rule that you must have at least a 720". This may discourage candidates who have a good profile but probably just a 700. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is work experience certificate mandatory to be submitted at the time of admission and interview? I may not have the certificate due to the terms of bond.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

Please assess my profile : 10th - 76%12th -  78%B.Tech - 69%
Work Experience - Working as SAP PI Consultant with Deloitte USI with 5+ yrs of experience. Current role as offshore lead.
Certifications - Dell Boomi Program Developer I
I was associated with NGO during college time.

White Papers - Total 7 papers publised on SCN forum (Worldwide SAP forum portal)

Hobbies - Playing guitar, flute. (Had band in college)

Is it good profile for ISB Hyderabad. What GMAT score will be good for this profile?
Regards,Rashmi 

1 comment
darren86
@darren86  ·  8 karma

GMAT is just a part of the entire package and the importance of SOP cannot be over-emphasized. 710+ will be a safe score to get.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...