[2012-2014]IIM-Indore WAT/PI experience sharing thread

144 Posts  ·  88 Users
About this group
A TOKEN OF THANKS from the media committee of IIM INDORE and the I-MENTOR TEAM *Here are some checkpoints which you might find useful- 1)Carry all the original documents(of degrees and mark sheets) along with 2 attested copies of each ...
Page 1 of 15
Final placement report of IIM Indore (batch of 2010-12) in InsideIIM format.

FINAL PLACEMENT REPORT (InsideIIM Format)
Regards Rohit Phulsunge Ex-Media Committee Member @ IIM Indore www.facebook.com/rohitphulsunge
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
FINAL PLACEMENT REPORT OF IIM INDORE (as per the information provided to PG)
FINAL PLACEMENT REPORT
Regards Rohit Phulsunge Ex-Media Committee Member @ IIM Indore www.facebook.com/rohitphulsunge

What was the maximum waitlist cleared last year for obc category

Rishi, you might want to look at the exact language he used. He added "what bout the rest? crazy stuff" He wasnt just asking a 'simple' question in my view and was trying to put up a rhetorical comment saying the system is flawed!

I would have given the same response or maybe even harsher.. Please observe properly and give your informed suggestions reasonably.

Anurag Gupta
Media and PR committee,
IIM Indore

I really don't intend to get into an argument here as this thread is meant for something else.So i won't be posting on this thread after this.

See when he said crazy,he was not being personal.Right?I mean he might/might not have insinuated something shady about the report but that still doesn't justify getting personal and doubting some one's intelligence.

I have read the report(the one meant for papers) and the query he had was very justified as any man might wonder why the remaining guys who have been placed have not been included while arriving at that 15.xx figure?

Whatever might be the reason for publishing the figures only for the top 250,asking pointed and pertinent questions is a sign of intelligence,not the lack of it.

I reiterate,there was nothing so offensive about his post that rohit had to get personal.That is not keeping in line with the spirit of PG.

I did not expect a statement of this sort from a PR committee member of an esteemed institute like IIM-I,is all i have to say.
I drink so that i can talk to assholes, this includes me. Dream Team 13, MMDT 12&11

PROFILE:

Acads

X- 74%, Assam Board
XII- 90% , CBSE Board
GRAD-74.6%, NIT Rourkela
Work-Ex: 4 Yrs at IT

CAT (2011): 88.93
Category - NCOBC

Interview & Essay

Venue: Indian Social institute
Date : 20th March 2012, 8:30 batch

WAT: 40 mins

1.Summary: About heart attack symptoms and related research.
2.Essay : Should PSU's be privatised.

Brief Snapshot of the attempt: Was more happy with my essay. summary was ok ok.

PI: around 35 mins.Was a long interview.May be cos i was the first candidate on the first day , first slot . :)

Panel Members Intro: 3 profs ( P1,P2,P3)

P1-the danger man throughout the interview, P-2(an old man) was always cool, P-3 was ultra cool with a smile always
Questions:

P1: Tell me things about yourself not written in the form

Me: was prepared for this kind of question.so started with stuff not mentioned in the form.like i received an award and certificate for good performance in the organisation this year, can speak 5 languages, like reading indian mythology etc etc(nothing mentioned in the form).

P1: 5 languages u speak??Name them.
Me: told.

P1: and wht mythology do u read?
Me:Mahabharata. (He said ok.Name four sons of Arjun).Me(WTF).P2 jumps in and says "Ok, name one son of arjun"? i knew it was abhimanyu, but mind was blank. tried to recall hard and finally said ...pheww

P1: Name a princess from northeast whom arjun married?

Me:i was blank. said cant remember.He gave the answer then.

now bomb explodes.

P1: So, Mech Engg huh, how is strength of a material measured?

Me: tried recalling hard. told about tensile strength test done in labs.he seemed satisfied.

P2: What is tensile strength?

Me: Answered

P1: Draw the direction of tensile forces during the testing?

Me: used logic , somehow was able to draw something and convince.He looked satisfied.(i was thinking 4 yrs IT exp still mechanical questions.)

P1: What is fluid.What is bernoullis principle.What is gyroscopic*** something , cant remember?

Me: Answered the first 2 questions. couldnt answer the third.

p1:Name different turbines.
Me: started naming few types of turbines.

P1: wrote two names in paper Francis and Pelton. Have u heard these names?

Me: No (later found out those two were turbines types)

P3(comes to life): wht is the distance between new delhi and Assam.How much time does the train take to reach delhi? what is the average speed of trains in India? What is the maximum speed of trains in india?What is the speed of bullet trains ?Name a company that manufactures bullet train?

Me: one after the other these questions came like a charging bull.all related to trains(my father is in indian railways, may b thats why). i answered almost all except the last question.

P3: The asked.Tell us a good thing about indian railway.

Me: i said 4th largest railway network in the world.He asked which are the top three. i said USA, russia, china. looked satisfied.

P3:Asked me about job profile and responsibilities.

Me: Answered very nicely with clarity.looked satisfied.

P1:suddenly askd me. Who is the vice president of india. What is the additional position he holds.

Me: Hamid ansari. also the ex-officio chairman of rajya sabha.

P2:how many member are there in lok sabha.How are the members of Rajya sabha elected

Me: told

P3: Name the largest inland river water island in the world.

Me: Majuli in Assam

P3: Where is pashupati temple located.

Me: Nepal.

P3: What was the name of the revolution in Middle east.

Me: jasmine revolution.Then he askd , why was it called so.i talked something about color revolution and also jasmine being tunisia's national flower.

P1:What is GDP.How is it measured.
Me:Told.

p3:Difference betwee 2G and 3 G.

Me: Said something.Not very convincing.

P3:Asked me few GK questions on Football cos i mentioned football as a passion and hobby.
Me: Answered all.looked satisfied.

P1:What calls do u have?

Me: Answered.

P2: Why should we take you in IIM indore?

Me: Answered. said have experience, can bring my experiences to the classroom, grasp fast(:biggrin:), matured , take up PPT's on few examples from my work to help my classmates.

P1: Ok define an ideal PPT , how many bullet points should be there?how many slides. What is the most imp thing during PPT?

Me:Answered nicely to the best of my knowledge.

p1,p2 OK done. Do u have any questions.

Me: asked about student exchange and something mentioned in their website.
They explained. Then all said Thank You.

Result :Convert

Advise/Suggestions: I have observed from othr experiences, IIM Indore panel are Gk savvy , so make sure your GK is good and also be clear with basics of your engg.I am a 4 yrs exp guy in IT even then i was grilled on Mechanical engg.

Rishi, you might want to look at the exact language he used. He added "what bout the rest? crazy stuff" He wasnt just asking a 'simple' question in my view and was trying to put up a rhetorical comment saying the system is flawed!

I would have given the same response or maybe even harsher.. Please observe properly and give your informed suggestions reasonably.

Anurag Gupta
Media and PR committee,
IIM Indore

Dude,the guy asked you a pretty straightforward question.I don't know how you linked that to him applying his mind/cribbing?

The guy in question is one of the sharpest minds i know on the forum and is in full possession of his mental faculties .In fact, only someone who does apply his/her mind would ask that question in the first place.Try and react reasonably.

Some things which people perceive as crazy actually makes sense when you start to apply your mind and stop cribbing about everything.

Dude,the guy asked you a pretty straightforward question.I don't know how you linked that to him applying his mind/cribbing?

The guy in question is one of the sharpest minds i know on the forum and is in full possession of his mental faculties .In fact, only someone who does apply his/her mind would ask that question in the first place.Try and react reasonably.
I drink so that i can talk to assholes, this includes me. Dream Team 13, MMDT 12&11

I never thought Ill be wriitng my exp here but after a convert, will be obliged if this can boost a future aspirant's confidence, as many similar posts of my peers and seniors did to me.

going straight to the process:

1. write a summary..3-4 short paras given, write a summary in apprx 300 words. I peeped into my neighbour's sheet, she started st. away, I had read somwhr and hence thought no -ve in adding a heading, which I did
2. A topic given, write an essay in approx 250 words

Now the pi...the worst

I was the 1st one to be called, was lost in the newspaper, suddenly jerked, stood up, dropped the bag outside the room -> entered

2 oldies , 1 aunty , my most blanked out self

O2: where ur file?
M: stopped in the middle.."forgot it in the bag, will get it"..turned..reached mid way for the door when
O2: its k..u have put the xerox of all the certis ryt?
M: yes sir

Good morning ..blah blah..sat

O2: tell me abt urself
M: blah blah..well rehearsed..actually blurted out like a speech
--disintersted--
O2: work?
M: making a s/w for hospitals
A: mmmm So wts the technology, details of job, coding
M: started well..dragged in the end
O2: ok..so If I give u the same in C, how will u go abt it
M: tried stacks/LList..struggled
O2: Ok..wt about such a concept in C
M: No idea sir, dont remember the concepts
O2: ok, why is there such a long queue in hospitals
M: coz of the bad service, takes long time, various forms , inefficient process..took the eg. of AIIMS whr there arent enough beds, time for operation takes months, ppl left outside hospital
O2: cut in b/w..ok
A: so since ur developing such a sophisticated product , apart from the hospital registrations, how can a doc communicate a treatment to his patients
M: like i said, via email which we are developing for our product
A: ok, and...
M: via SMS
A: and..
M: web cameras, internet
A: ok..i need how can a doc give a treatment to a paitent w/o talking
M:...expert systems
A: thats ok...but that is robotic and predesigned for some specific diseases..wt else
M: ...BLANK.....
A & O2:see we are giving u many hints
M: :w00t: again a very explicit B.L.A.N.K. exp
O1: ok leave it
M: phew..
O1: u have a 75% in col..hmm
M: yep..but have raised continuously touching 81% in the final yr
all three look at each other..ok.finally a +ve
O1: Uv mentioned prizes in painting competitions, u know I-Dont-Know-What painters name
M: No Sir
O1: u know I-Dont-Know-What painters name
M: No sir
O1: I-Dont-Know-What painters name
M: No sir
O1: when did u participate in painting comps
M: gulp..sir 1st standard
O1: hahah!! uv written as if its an achivement
M:
O1: uv mentioned medals in sports..which level..college, sr. sec..10th class?
M: 8th standard
O1: ahah!! 8th standard
M:
O1: ok..wts the height of that pole in high jump
M: very confidently..sir 2.4m
O2: hmm..world champ in high jump
M: don know
O1: so ur from up...tell us some good things of UP
M: had done it well
O2: oh..meerut..ok give in incident whr meerut was imp in history
M: B.L.A.N.K.
O2: ok..there was the first war of independence
M: ..yes sir the cartridges made of beef/pork
O2: yes where did that war occur
M: B.L.A.N.K.
O2: was it meerut
M: ..mayb not sure
O1: finally last ques ..though it is a very complex ques and don think u might know about it Have u heard something about bareilly islamic don-kno-what community
M: .B.L.A.N.K. No idea sir

K...u may leave

and now after all hopes gone and such exceedingly rubbish exp, Iv a convert..checked twice..couldnt belive myself..hence never loose hopes..the ONE UP THERE takes care of everything in the MBA race and life

Oh common, now you are a police or quality checker telling how the PR stuffs shoudl be handled at B-schools ?? :sneaky:

Well, tell you frankly, this thread is for narrating IIMI gdpi experiences and an interface between prospective applicants and seniors. Since, you don't belong to any of the parties mentioned above , what are you doing here ?

You coould have pm'ed Rohit or anurag about your doubts and then could have used these words in your personal meesage. Telling how to do the job in this thread doesn't seem to serve the purpose of the thread.

Sincerely

An IIM-I guy.

I am not a police but when I am looking to help someone I expect to give verified information, especially when someone might be basing her life changing decision upon my advice.

Just read the posts and then say what I was doing here. As already mentioned by the hardworking Rohit and Anurag, that only IIMI students have the mental capacity to read and understand. So, I hope you can read and understand.

I am not sure why you guys are so defensive, when someone asks about placements? But then again why would you tell me, you are not paid to tell me. PR guys only talk to the media as maintained by your friend.
IIM Calcutta Batch of 2014
monty1097 Says
PGP 2012-14 Batch : Admission Offers this is the one on their website. can anybody else please confirm!!!!!!!

Yes, and you might want to go on http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/81783-2012-14-iim-indore-final-18.html#post3480564