[2012-2014]Final Converts:SIMSR aka KJ Somaiya PGDM/PGDM(IB)/PGDM(FS)/PGDM(IMC)

671 Posts  ·  250 Users
About this group
Hi All, Final Results are out. Please continue your discussion here:- * Link for Results:-* PGDM http://simsr.somaiya.edu/simsr/Adm/PGDM12/FinalProcess/ApplForm.asp PGDM(IB) http://simsr.somaiya.edu/simsr/Adm/PGDMIB12/FinalProces...
Page 1 of 68

@[558817:mani122] No !!

Shivam Awasthi Class of 11-13 AVP Business Banking | The Hong kong & Shanghai Banking Corporation
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@SHIVAMUIET said:
September 1st is late but considering the course curriculum you will face difficulty in those subjects only in which you need to have basic knowledge of subject viz. accounts and statistics. You will easily manage Marketing,operation management, business communication, IT in management. As your end term will start from October 8th, you have to put extra effort to cope up with others. You have to mail your confirmation mentioning date of joining to institute admission department.Do check your spam too. PS: It is your own call to join the institute. All the best !!
Hi,
I will be checking with admission department by tomo for any relaxation since i am joining late. If they said no and by chance if i cant clear some paper in the coming end term exam, will it have an negative impact in my career, in placement r in summer intern program. Pls let me know details for this.

Thanks in advance.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@SHIVAMUIET said:
September 1st is late but considering the course curriculum you will face difficulty in those subjects only in which you need to have basic knowledge of subject viz. accounts and statistics. You will easily manage Marketing,operation management, business communication, IT in management. As your end term will start from October 8th, you have to put extra effort to cope up with others. You have to mail your confirmation mentioning date of joining to institute admission department.Do check your spam too. PS: It is your own call to join the institute. All the best !!
thanks for ur reply..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@mani122 said: Hi Seniors,
Yesterday eve I got a call from admission team saying that I have been offered a PGDM IB seat. I got info that batch courses starts on June itself and currently exams r going on for the current batch. Is it a right decision if i decided to join now, becoz already exams might got over and it seems to late.
Also since i am wrking it wll take another 15 days to get resign and join the institute. appox consider my joining date as Sep 1. Is it too late?
Is is possible for me to cope up with other students atleast after a month of joining considering me as an average student? Pls suggest ASAP.
I am in big confusion.. I just got call.. no maill as of now.. they asked for my willingness to join..Pls help me...
@mani122 said: someone pls reply to this doubts. i need to take decision based on that...
September 1st is late but considering the course curriculum you will face difficulty in those subjects only in which you need to have basic knowledge of subject viz. accounts and statistics.
You will easily manage Marketing,operation management, business communication, IT in management.
As your end term will start from October 8th, you have to put extra effort to cope up with others. You have to mail your confirmation mentioning date of joining to institute admission department.Do check your spam too.
PS: It is your own call to join the institute.
All the best !!
Shivam Awasthi Class of 11-13 AVP Business Banking | The Hong kong & Shanghai Banking Corporation
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

someone pls reply to this doubts. i need to take decision based on that...

@mani122 said: Hi Seniors,
Yesterday eve I got a call from admission team saying that I have been offered a PGDM IB seat. I got info that batch courses starts on June itself and currently exams r going on for the current batch. Is it a right decision if i decided to join now, becoz already exams might got over and it seems to late.
Also since i am wrking it wll take another 15 days to get resign and join the institute. appox consider my joining date as Sep 1. Is it too late?
Is is possible for me to cope up with other students atleast after a month of joining considering me as an average student? Pls suggest ASAP.
I am in big confusion.. I just got call.. no maill as of now.. they asked for my willingness to join..Pls help me...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Seniors,

@SHIVAMUIET said: @GauravMaverick Yes, the course is started in June. There is a vacancy arises in PGDM as someone has left the course. Last year, I also got the call in August and joined the institute. FYI,Mid term exams (2012-2014) are due to start from August 13th but Institute will give you relaxation. You have to write in lieu of mid term exam after one month or so. From my experience, It will be little difficult to cover the course . It is up to you how will you manage.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@[500523:GauravMaverick]
Yes, the course is started in June.
There is a vacancy arises in PGDM as someone has left the course.
Last year, I also got the call in August and joined the institute.
FYI,Mid term exams (2012-2014) are due to start from August 13th but Institute will give you relaxation.
You have to write in lieu of mid term exam after one month or so.
From my experience, It will be little difficult to cover the course . It is up to you how will you manage.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi...yesterday I got a mail and call saying that I have been offered a PGDM seat.....Isnt it too late? Coz I see in earlier posts that session started in june????

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

same here hope there is some moment after dte round.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is there any seat left in IB?

i was not there in waitlistd candidates.....but still hoping for some buffer calls ,like the last year.....Is there any possibility of that happening again?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...