[2012-2014] IIM Kozhikode Stage II shortlist is out!

316 Posts  ·  169 Users
About this group
Please make it the sticky post Congratulations for everyone who has got the IIMK shortlist for stage 2. Now is the time to work a little harder and win yourself a ticket to GOD's Own KAMPUS The PGP Admissions 2012-14 Stage II shortlist i...
Page 1 of 32

Congratulations to all the call getters :thumbsup:

Please continue with all the further discussions here http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2012-2014-iim-kozhikode-call-getters-discussion-25077167

Above is a fresh thread by IIM-K Seniors meant to help all the call getters.

All the best for next phase.

Cheers!

** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dat was a movie dude !

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congrats to all who are still in the race!!

I'm out of the race in the 2nd short list, got 0 in SSC and HSC index. Not that I'm sad or something :)

Now, I can focus only on the common process of the new IIM's.

Takes CAT just for fun...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey guys,

I sure do understand how much it hurts when you score an awesome percentile and still don't get a call... Well, it has been some time now that this has been happening but the sad part is that it is becoming more and more common across all IIMs except probably IIM C and few new ones... CAT as an entrance exam has lost its glory and no more a 99+ percentiler is celebrated.. Probably time will only tell who deserves what.. for all those who did not make it despite a good percentile do not get dejected.. probably you deserve better..

I thought of not making any more posts here but your argument has forced me to do otherwise.

You say that it is becoming common in all other IIMs except C.

Now, think over below questions:
(1) How many students got calls from IIM Lucknow with less than 99%ile over those who got 99%+ percentile score?
Answer: As good as no one

(2) How many students from IIM A/B got calls with percentile score less than 98?
Answer: Almost no one

(3) And then, how many students got calls from IIM K with less than 99%ile?
Answer: Many (Can be more than those who got above 99%ile)

(4) What was the lowest percertile for getting a call from A, B, C, L and K?
Around 98 for A/B.
Around 99.55+ for C
Around 99.2+ for L.
And we have seen a call from IIM K at 91.51 (also a few around 92.xx)

Is this more or less same? Think over it. Even in new IIMs there are hardly any calls below 97%ile.

And please stop making statements like "don't be dejected" or "there might be something better for you" etc.

There is a person with 99.3%ile (not me, a post in one of the threads) with 0 calls from old IIMs. And he is not only one such case, but there are many like this.

So, one scores 99.3%ile to get 0% calls from top 6 IIMs? And then what is he or she supposed to do? Not to be dejected? To be positive?

Criteria can be flawed. But it need not be stupid.
And with more and more weightage given to marks obtained while we were kids, IIM K might just stand for IIM Kids.

====================================================================

I will just repeat one thing which I said in IIM I thread:
To those who could not manage call even after a good percentile (including me): Friends, let's concentrate on what calls we have in hand. We can't change our 10th and 12th scores; at least let's try to change this mindset of running after institutes which do not value our percentile.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Sorry, you have not been shortlisted for admission to IIMK PGP 2012-14.
CAT Index (50)49.68 for 99.36
SSC Index (20)16.16 for 94.6%
HSC Index (20)11.80 for 86.2% :banghead::banghead:
Graduation Index (10)10.00 77.25%
Total Index (100)87.65 :drinking::drinking:

Total Index cutoff (GENERAL)88.00
no calls from any old iims even at 99.36 %le this season :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

Grudger Birds...
4 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What is the %ile of the lowest cat percentiler in the shortlist????? Could be lesser than 90.

10th (CBSE)-87.2%- 9.2
12th (AP)- 81%- 0

WTF

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

by looking at the scores(acads) of those who are selected and those who are not(including me) i can safely say that cat score does not make even a slight difference. a good formula is one which is balanced but current version does not have it. difference between 91% and 100% in cat is of no value .1st rank and 17000 rank. just imagine .

PGPM 2012-2014 MDI Gurgaon CAT 2011 99.27 converts : MDI,NITIE,SJMSOM,IIM-RaRoTUKa,NMIMS,IMTG
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Dude its good to be happy but why share your date of birth and CAT Registration id..Process is still left..

Abhishek

Unquote it please ... sorry .. I am a dumbass :banghead:
2012 :Joined NMIMS. Left after an year due to unfortunate circumstances. Target MBA 2016-18 :D
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I guess we'll all know 15 yrs down the line when in their attempt to 'diversify' and admit the 'intellect' based upon their idiotic criteria dating back 4-5 years will make them fall so convincingly that these so called IIMs will lose out on talented alumni (read 98-99%ilers,who also deserved to be at least interviewed) who will keep their flags flying high- both their own and their what-so-ever-to-be alma mater.

Rock on Puys,! Lets meet at NITIEs, MDIs, IITs, IIFTs, XLRIs and screw them in every case study competition!!

Pratigya le lo..saif li khan ki tarah (From Love Ajj Kal)..we wont be mango ppl from now on!!!
An oh, I almost forgot, IIM-K, (For that matter IIM-I too) --

MBA(IB) - IIFT Delhi 2012-14
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dont knw wht 2 say abt dis IIM K et al administration....if they have 2 take students based on their acads(deciding factor) and CAT is now only becomes a formality there is not justification in eligibilty criteria 4 appearing in CAT to 50% in Grads....they should also specify dt v need candudates with this percentage marks in SSC,HSc and from this board...even the most premier exam in our country dts UPSC doesnt consider all dis factors...d one who performs best in the exam got d call for interview....feeling greatly dejected 4 me and fellow puys who could not made it.....

Apurba Chowdhury PGDRM 2012-14 IRMA
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...