[2012-2013] PGPSM by NISM Discussions

87 Posts  ·  44 Users
About this group

Hi Puys, This thread is for the third batch of PGPSM. The results will be out on 18th May 2012. Since there was no thread for the current year, I thought of creating one so that we can share our views with one another. After the results are anno...

Page 1 of 9

Key Timelines for Admission to PGPSM for Batch 2014 - 15

Entrance Test Date - May 4, 2014 (Sunday)

Personal Interview - During May 2014 ** Dates to be announced

List of Selected Candidates - May 30, 2014 at NiSM website (http://www.nism.ac.in)

** Last date for online registration for the PGPSM programme 2014-15 is April 29, 2014.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Last date for online registration for the PGPSM programme 2014-15 is April 29, 2014.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Securities Markets Outlook - Repositioning for growth

After five years of tumultuous change, it is no surprise that banking and capital markets firms have yet to find steady ground. However, heading into 2014 and beyond, there is increasing evidence that they may have a chance to shift to a higher gear — or perhaps even accelerate.

M&A; could be spurred by increased competition

• Large bank specialization and small bank need for scale may drive M&A;

• Diversification and slim margins may lead to continued consolidation of exchanges

• OTC derivatives reform may increase competition

Technology may enable a new era

• Technology investments are likely to support growth, customer experience, and security

• Priority to integrate fragmented platforms for real-time insights

• Fully integrated mobile solutions may be a key retail differentiator

Re-regulation is the new norm

• Increase efforts around “getting to strong”

• Push for an enterprise-wide view of customers and counterparties

• Enhance management and governance of cyberthreats

Great opportunities to build your career in the Securities Markets !!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

please mail your queries to pgpsm.nism@gmail.com

4 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am a fresher and me looking for a break. I have punched a hole of 1 year gap after completing my BE- Mechanical in 2012. Should I go for this course. Will it give me a decent placement. Seniors and puys please reply.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

is this course recognised by the industry for employment? is is worth taking loan to study for a fresher?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

is this course recognised in the corporates? is this have the goodwill to place one if placement not happened through institute?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@[577959:heavenorhell] i m a fresher, i need to take loan to do this course.. so is this really worth to take loan by a fresher like me to take the loan to study there and also to repay the loan..Please advise..
thanks in advance...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@[536932:JasonBourne7] hey i want to join this course next session, please tell the aspect of placements of your seniors and the difficulty level of the course...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...