[2012-14] TISS HRMLR Final Call Getters Discussion

55 Posts  ·  28 Users
About this group
Hi friends, The TISS 2011 Final results are out. Congratulations to all the selected candidates and all the best to wait listed candidates. Link to see results: https://admissions.tiss.edu/ GD-PI discussions: TISS HRM&LR; GD/PI Cal...
Page 1 of 6
Hi.
I am pursuing B.Com Hons from Delhi University and my examinations are getting over on the 16th of June, whereas the session starts from 15th of June.
Does this mean that i cannot join this year?

The 3-day orientation is compulsory for all those who have been selected...

However, people are allowed to miss it for some genuine reason (like ill health, exams etc.)

Do come with some proof that you were busy with your exams on 15th and 16th and you should be fine :)

Welcome to TISS :cheerio:
Dr. Gaurav Mehta, HRM&LR Batch of 2012-14, TISS-Mumbai
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi.
I am pursuing B.Com Hons from Delhi University and my examinations are getting over on the 16th of June, whereas the session starts from 15th of June.

Pretty much sure that you can. there are some who finish their exams very close to the 15th. Call up your concerned secretariat or better call the direct line and ask for the admissions office and ask the same question again. Usually the 15th 16th and 17th are for some kind of an orientation. It is compulsory for everyone but yours might be an exception. Doesn't make sense missing a good course for a day right?

By the way, classes start on the 18th but the first years need to be there earlier.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
My bad ..thanks for the correction:)

Legendary:nono::sneaky: ( it looks as if u are refering to some old , retired actor)

there is one bad tradition with the candidates, that they take admission and later join xyz college forfeiting the 30 K odd they paid with this and more than that wasting a seat :sneaky:

so if u have some admission else where and u are inclined to join that , kindly do that before the deadline and help fellow students to be part of TISS

Legendary not in terms of age, but in terms of help / guidance provided :)

And yes, guys who've taken up admissions elsewhere, please, please contact the admissions office, and let them know that you are not joining. It would be of immense help to the ones like me, waiting for the 2nd waitlist.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
aimiimk Says
Buddy, I think it was 6 for OBC..

My bad ..thanks for the correction:)

Hi, are you withdrawing your admission? If yes, it would be great if you could let us know your score, and category.

With regard to the refund rules, we'll wait for Anvesh (the legendary senior) to answer :)
Or, contact TISS care, as suggested in the above post.

Legendary:nono::sneaky: ( it looks as if u are refering to some old , retired actor)

any how , the best source would be TISSCARE...

they would give u a deadline (which u need to check from TISSCARE) and before that they would return u the fees ( i have no idea whether they would cut some amount or not , as TISS is not an MBA college)

so if some one calls TISSCARE, do update the info here

there is one bad tradition with the candidates, that they take admission and later join xyz college forfeiting the 30 K odd they paid with this and more than that wasting a seat :sneaky:

so if u have some admission else where and u are inclined to join that , kindly do that before the deadline and help fellow students to be part of TISS
Anvesh Chunduri MA ( HRM &LR ) Class of 2013 http://anveshchunduri.blogspot.in/
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hallelujah666 Says
Hi there is no clarification on the refund rules of the fees paid for the 1st semester anywhere. It would be really great if the seniors could throw some light on the matter or provide a link which state them so that its easier to take a decision which would be for the betterment of both the selected as well as the waitlisted candidates. ATB.

Hi, are you withdrawing your admission? If yes, it would be great if you could let us know your score, and category.

With regard to the refund rules, we'll wait for Anvesh (the legendary senior) to answer :)
Or, contact TISS care, as suggested in the above post.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hallelujah666 Says
Hi there is no clarification on the refund rules of the fees paid for the 1st semester anywhere. It would be really great if the seniors could throw some light on the matter or provide a link which state them so that its easier to take a decision which would be for the betterment of both the selected as well as the waitlisted candidates. ATB.

I am not a senior but I read somewhere that the refund rules would be communicated to the candidates as and when they ask for it

I appreciate your concern...Kindly call TISS care (number is 022-40110457) for the details
Dr. Gaurav Mehta, HRM&LR Batch of 2012-14, TISS-Mumbai
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Congrats to all the candidates who converted WLs

time to have some fun before the college begins ( u would have a lot more once it starts)

PS: For info to future candidates: WL moved by 7 for general, 4 for OBC, 4 for SC, 1 for ST and 1 for PWD

Buddy, I think it was 6 for OBC..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi..i got selected in the first waiting list for MSW in child and family. Is there anybody else here got selection for same course?? i hail from kerala and i do need hostel accommodation...any idea about the hostel or other accommodation. I received a mail from tiss about the list of accommodation available near the college.. does that mean hostel is not available??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...